Sym-Bionic Titan

I watched all 20 episodes. This is absolutely kinographic. CN should be shot for trying to turn this space opera into a teenager high school crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genndy_Tartakovsky
vimeo.com/channels/calartscharanimfilms2017
polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't Kino just Sup Forums meme speak for shit?

The teenager high school stuff was Genndy's idea
The show was scrapped because they wanted it to be more like Ben 10 and he wouldn't let them

>CN should be shot for trying to turn this space opera into a teenager high school crap.

I think that was always Genndy's intention though.

As far as I'm aware, him not buckling under studio pressure to make the show more marketable/toy friendly is what ended up being it's downfall in the end.

He always wanted to make it a John Hughes thing

Kino is a word that has no meaning or lost it's original meaning but most of the idiots on Sup Forums use it for the sake of a meme.

i believe Kino is the concept that one can tell a story through the medium of film alone. Using a series of scenes to tell the audience what is going on without exposition. Show instead of tell really.

>CN should be shot for trying to turn this space opera into a teenager high school crap.

Nah, you're a pleb.

The slow paced lighthearted slice of life stuff adds depth to the world, and seeing our fish out of water characters constantly learning about, interacting with, and learning to appreciate the new planet/people they're trying to protect makes the action/drama more impactful. The stuff with the coup on Galaluna is great and all, but a big factor in that is the audience already knowing/caring about these characters after spending hours watching them grow throughout their day to day mundane lives.

It adds stakes.

You know how dastardly it is to lie and put the blame on an innocent?
Oh look it's CN false-flagging again like a little bitch. "Couldn't sell toys" my ass. It's always a creative difference with assholes who know nothing about creativity. (or even marketing)

Kino just means film in German. Thats it. Full stop.

Thats why its a nonsense word on the internet. Everyone who tries to use Kino as some kind of special descriptor is just making shit up on the spot.

For those who haven't heard

>On February 9, 2017, Tartakovsky mentioned during an interview about the revival of his Samurai Jack TV show on Adult Swim, he also said that he could return to Cartoon Network and bring Sym-Bionic Titan back on Cartoon Network to end the story and ressolve the cliffhanger at the style of Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim.

IT'S maybe FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENING

Sure it's not concrete, but he actively put the idea out there and that's at least something.

Hopefully something comes of it, even if it's unlikely.

>Original Jack gets cancelled because it's not very marketable
>Titan gets cancelled for similar reasons
>Can't get Popeye movie off the ground because Sony is not interested in it
>No word from his "Can You Imagine?" original pitch to Sony but seeing as he left the studio, not very good
>Adam Sandler hijacked Hotel from him to hire all his comedy buddies like it was one of his typical movies
>Until recently, Dexter was his only successful project but that got new seasons without his involvement and turned to shit

Why does this man have such a hard time getting a project off the ground and seeing it the whole way through?

>kinographic

That's how language evolves, idiot.
And English is a very primitive one, so people tend to borrow terms from other languages when they're trying to say something actually sophisticated.

Finally, justice!

Am i just cucking myself by watching this?

If by cucking yourself you mean watching a good cartoon that ended on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved thanks to corporate bullshit, then yes.

Yes you are.

>good cartoon

Let's not be silly

What makes you say that?

I get the feeling that somebody in corporate Cartoon Network has, or had, a personal vendetta against him. He might also just be really bad at being a "boss", like behind the scenes problems we wouldn't know about.

You lying bitch, stop playing with my feelings

GT wanted it to be a highschool drama from the start

you are a retard

cut off your dick

you must be 18 to post on this site

YES!
You are an SJW hipster cuck and must kill yourself

It was just your generic "muh lore" "muh feels" CalArts garbage

Oh wow, you are stupid.

>calling SBT calarts
Bait harder nigger, you're not even worth a mocking @reply.

Sup Forums here, just want to clear things up.

Kino comes from the German word for film, it has come to mean on Sup Forums something that is REALLY good, but it can be used ironically for something that is so-bad-it's-good

>Implying the high-school shit wasn't good too

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the premise, any premise can be good as long as it is executed well and Sym-Bionic Titan hit the nail square on the head.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genndy_Tartakovsky

Nothing but CalArts cancer

vimeo.com/channels/calartscharanimfilms2017

>shitposting and strawmanning just to keep the thread alive

I know you mean well but let it go. Sup Forums doesn't talk about good things.

t. Pleb

sauce please.

I want to believe, but I can't have my heart broken again

Cinema just means theatre in French. That's it. Full stop.
Also that's not what kino means.

kys famalambourghini

>Also that's not what kino means.
According to google translate, kino is German for movie theater, cinema, or film, and it has the same meaning in Russian. So, unless you go by the english dictionary definition, the previous poster was exactly right.

Oh more wow you don't understand why I'm calling you stupid

I got it from the wiki page. I would look at the source cited, but I'm at work atm.

You mean this?
>"If someone offered me money to finish up Titan, I'd do it. We had a John Hughes-type teenage comedy with action and it was ... When you have babies, sometimes they grow up and have a life of their own and sometimes they don't find their footing. Jack grew up and moved on, and he needed an ending. I think my movie for Titan would be like ... what was the name of it? Pacific Rim. Like that but without all the humor removed. Sometimes things don't connect. Maybe it's the kind of stories I want to tell? I don't know."
polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5

I liked the show more than SJ

You better be careful with those words. You might trigger that faggot Nolan

>tfw you realize that Kino itself isn't Kino

what have we become lads?

>I think my movie for Titan would be like ... what was the name of it? Pacific Rim.

COULD THE MAN BE ANY MORE BASED HOLY FUCK

Don't forget about how between Jack and Titan how he was attached to numerous failed projects including a cartoon about Vikings that he was hyping on the last Samurai Jack season DVD box-set as well as a revival of the Dark Crystal consisting of a sequel and animated series and a live-action Astroboy movie over at the Jim Henson Company

>make the show more marketable/toy friendly

The fuck are you on about? The show had plenty of designs for the robots and monsters that could be turned into toys. It was CN who insisted that the show has no merchandising potential.

The show should have aired in Chronological order. Show the Ender's Game Young Lance episode first, and get everyone loving it. Then show escape from Gallaluna. And then finally Escape to Sherman High. I would have immediately related to Young Lance and followed the show. Instead we don't really have a sense who the characters are at first.

Yeah I feel like they ended it at what could have been the end of an entire arc, leading up to the season finale of war breaking out and them escaping to earth. Would have been cool to get more character info and space monarchy/ coup politics, and a sense of what their world was like to give it's loss more weight.

To this day I'd still buy the fuck out of a set of G3 mooks. Those were some damn stylish cannon fodder.