God is not real. There is no higher being that watches you, judges you or wants you to make certain decisions...

God is not real. There is no higher being that watches you, judges you or wants you to make certain decisions. Everything that is happening is based around our conscious decisions. Nothing matters objectively.

Even if there is something of a higher power, it doesn't interfere into our plane. It doesn't make any difference in our lives, therefore it could easily be nonexistent. Rick is right.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=mUv8GxrqXPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To be fair..

>Sup Forumscucks have to resort to posting fat guys in hats to try and refute this

>makes arguments for objectivity
>"nothing matters objectively"
Oh right god not existing means I can rape you and your sister because le nothing madders, even though no afterlife would make our solitary lives even more important. Fucking atheist retards

BASED RICK! White Drumpf supporters BTFO

>posts fat guy in a MAGA hat

Rick literally sees an alien get pulled into their respective afterlife by an actual demon.

Argument? Nope.

Yes this is true. People are free to make up their own meaning to life. Nihilism is the foundation of a healthy mind, but it's all to easily goes down the childish one.

I determined at basic that utilitarianism is the basis I use to determine what it is to lead a good life.

Nihilism is only a stepping stone to greater things for those exploring philosophy.

A pickle falls in love with a girl pickle.

Unable to confess that god isn't real, he is gifted with by a deus ex pickle with the girl’s pickle number. Never minding the strange pickle code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she doesn't believe in god as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a pickleplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that god isn't real and is not the same pickle he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this pickle at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own pickle self, who too is blissfully unaware of god not being real.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private pickles in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer religion. While the two chase their respective loved pickles, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with atheism and question the NATURE of PICKLE RICK.

>I'd make a pathetic attempt to rape and murder people if I didn't know the magic sky daddy would put me in the fire when I die
Do brainlets really think like this?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Keit-Ai. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of multiverse theory most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also the MC's deterministic outlook as he longs for the AU version of his crush instead of his crush, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Philisophical Taoism literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

As a consequence people who dislike Keit-Ai truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in the copypasta's catchphrase “Keit-Ai finds a way,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the works of Alexander of Aphrodisias. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sup Forums’s genius wit unfolds itself on the film version of Keit-Ai, which is Kimi no Na wa. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Keit-Ai t-shirt. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

Rick is just the medium Justin and Dan use to spew their completely fabricated bullshit to a cult-show-loving normies that praise Rick as if he's something other a younger Hubert J. Farnsworth

It doesn't matter on a cosmic level if my sister gets raped, you fucking brainlet. Of course on a daily basis people couldn't live if everyone wanted to kill and rape each other but that's not the point. Further proof that people who believe in God are actual retards.

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

>what is deism
this why richard and mortimer are reddit garbage. It's the thoughts of a mindless teenager personified in a tv show

FINDS

ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

Wow great argument you made there.

Shit like this is why the wrong side won the war

Since when is an accusation of hypocrisy not a valid argument?
>inb4 "I don't post maga hat pictures hurr"
I don't post fedora pictures either.

How can you consider yourself a scientist and at the same time make a completely baseless and unprovable claim?

I WAS TAUGHT MY WHOLE LIFE THAT GOD IS GREAT AND COOL AND UHH ALMIGHTY

EVEN WHEN PRESENTED WITH CONCEPTS THAT DENY THE EXISTENCE OF GOD I ASSUME THAT ITS ALL WRONG, JUST BECAUSE I WAS TAUGHT OTHERWISE!

You legitimately cannot
this does not help your case

Repent

Nothing OBJECTIVELY matters, that doesn't mean you can't have subjective morals or that you can't enforce them, you goddamn brainlet. But you're probably a Sup Forumsedditor who will tell me higher framerate=better is objective.

>higher framerate=better is objective.
It won't make a bad game good, but yes, a higher framerate is objectively better

Nothing is "provable". Scientists can only prove negatives.

would only consider myself a theist because I grapple with the divinity of christ, but from my man c.s. lewis

> If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning.

Something can't come from nothing faggot.

Also if you want to spend eternity with someone, you better find out who really loves and respects you first. Why would you want to be with anyone who acts like a entitled bitch like yourself?

Keep being your own "god" faggot, the real one is going to throw your inconsiderate ass into an eternity of despair and desperation.

No it isn't you retarded underage fucker, nothing can be 'objectively better', only dumbasses like you who don't know what objective means thinks that. Even if everyone on Earth agrees that a higher framerate is better, that doesn't mean it's objective fact. It would be objective to say that it has a higher framerate, yes, but the position that that makes it better is INHERENTLY subjective.

"Utilitarianism"

Have fun trying to reduce all things to "utility". Capitalism has a better record of reducing all things to capital.

No one ever said something came from nothing.

>I believe I am capable of thinking on a cosmic scale
leddit fags hard at work

>the real one is going to throw your inconsiderate ass into an eternity of despair and desperation

He already did that when I was born, but that was his plan all along I guess. To make my life hell from the start and after I start doubting everything he is permitted to throw me into after life hell. Isn't God great? The best.

We have a concept of meaning though, unlike his example of light and dark.

What created what? Our temporal world/time has a beginning. We live under a set of rules; the same rules where scientist/mathematicians who believe in God respect and understand the reason why our existence was established in the first place.

>Rick is right.
Stopped reading there.

There simply was no 'before the universe', the 'beginning' of the universe is the beginning of time, the universe doesn't have to have a creator because it was always there.

give 1 good reason not to kill myself and reincarnate as a cute girl

another one I like

>The Christian says, 'Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire: well, there is such a thing as sex. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing. If that is so, I must take care, on the one hand, never to despise, or to be unthankful for, these earthly blessings, and on the other, never to mistake them for the something else of which they are only a kind of copy, or echo, or mirage. I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press on to that country and to help others to do the same.

I had a shitty life, so what. Again, God is seeking people who actually love Him. A person coming from shitty circumstances and embrace Him are probably top on His list. Read some Parables, especially the old decrepit poor chick who gave a penny as a tithe.

God expects more from the rich, who will face the brunt if they abuse others.

But he's saying we should never have even had a concept of meaning, unless there was meaning to discover

>S-sweetie...before we go to bed... d-do you think you could- put the mask back on?

>it doesn't interfere into our plane. It doesn't make any difference in our lives
That's where you are wrong. God is the force holding the universe together and that grants you consciousness. You are part of God.

1 - You don't know how to do it, otherwise you would've already been born as a cute girl

HAHAHA LOOK! HE IS HOLDING A CELL PHONE! LE EPIC KEIT-AI REFERENCE LMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LELELELE

LEEEEL FINDS A WAY AMIRITE MY LE KOMER/a/DES? HAHAHA WOOOW I AM SCREENCAPPING THIS POSTING AND GOING TO r/keitai TO POST THIS CLASSIC MOMENT

HOLY SHIT SUCH A FUNNY FUNNY MEME! I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE IT THIS IS SO HILARIOUS IM GONNA CUM IM CUMMING UPVOTES MY LELS ARE IJ ORBIT LE XD THE KEITAI MEME IS JUST SO FUCKING HILARIOUS FOR SOME REASON IM TOTALLY NOT FROM REDDIT

Where does time come from idiot?

Where do they laws of the universe come from?

Where does the first hydrogen electrons/neutron come from?

It was always there is not an answer, because it was not there according to any sane astrophysicists; even after the cosmic inflation phase they can't determine what was in existence before that (Most say nothing).

Are you illiterate? They don't come from anywhere, they were just always there. There is no before time because the concept of 'before' presupposes the existence of time.

Nothing does not equal time idiot. Nothing equals nothing on a physical plain. Did you exists before you were conceived?

The physical universe sprang out of what?

Also the physical universe is under temporal laws?

Riddle me that faggot.

There wasn't 'nothing' before time you moron because there is no before time. How can there be nothing at 'an earlier time' if there is no time?

>Nothing is provable

Again, where did time in our physical universe come from?

It was always there is not an answer, because there was no physical universe at one time.

Your concept of eternity is lackluster. There is no "time" concerning eternity, however everything physically present in our universe is a slave to time/laws of physics.

Catholics get their knowledge from theology and philosophy

Fedoras get their knowledge from Rick and Morty

And , as Morty himself pointed out, no one cares if you're right if you're an asshole about it. They disagree with you harder just to not give you the satisfaction.
The family took Jerry back basically just to spite Rick, for example.

>my movie runs in 2fps
>my movie runs in 24fps
i guess it's subjective

So who watches the black science guy quote carl sagan?

except the point is it's about the philosophy, the fairy tales just illustrate the virtues and the point
at some point sandniggers ruined it and we just turned it into console wars

post more please

We all stopped reading there dude. That's where the post ended.

THE REVULSION OF TIME AND ITS IT WAS

God is a social construct, unironically.

Atheist logic:
>I have never encountered supernatural reality
>Therefore nobody else ever has either

>I am mentally ill
>Therefore everyone is

The same kind of logic.

youtube.com/watch?v=mUv8GxrqXPk

The vast majority of philosophers are atheists.
Catholic philosophers are pretty much a nonentity

I never believed in ghosts until I came face to face with one.

>Learning his world view from a fucking cartoon

What a disgusting pleb you really are. Read some Kierkegaard, expand your mind.

Rick and Morty is for edgy Nihilist cunts who jizz themselves over random non-sequiturs like "I'M PICKLE RICK".

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

The only thing wrong with this potentially is that if you say life doesn't matter because of this. The rest is objectively true.

>Rene Descartes is a nonentity.

There have been plenty of Christian philosophers.

Hegel for one.

>having a philosophy fundamentally based in an iron age Palestinian death cult

No thanks.

>Nothing matters objectively.

I hate nihilism as a philosophy because so many people like to use this phrase to indicate that they're intelligent because they managed to deduce that in terms of the universe, the earth and the actions of people on it are relatively small, and then look down on others that pursue interests and seek to make something out of themselves for the betterment of society

The idea that "nothing matters objectively" is irrelevant because people don't view things from the perspective of the universe as a whole, but from their own personal experience. Humans are incapable of viewing anything objectively because our worldview is shaped by the fact that we're humans. So many le nihilism memers like to drop the "nothing in life matters" because then they get to be the jaded mysterious cynic and claim some sort of superiority.

Who is making that argument?

"Are" is present time, you brainlet

You're totally right man, I agree with every word. It's a starting point, not the end-point.

Hegel's philosophy centred around only the rational alone can be constituted as real.

It just happened he was also a Christian. Ironic I know.

I don't trust the philosophical conclusions of any adult man who can not figure out that the iron age Palestinian death cult he adheres to religiously is just a myth.

Maybe he is intelligent in other ways, but his introspection and societal views are based in stupidity.

Which is why I agree with Kierkegaard when he says Subjectivity is truth. That isn't to say we disregard the objective, because there of course exists objective facts in our world.

Nihilism is a shit philosophy that is so absolutist in its world view, Existentialism trumps it in every way. While life has no objective meaning, that doesn't mean we aren't capable of forging our own. As Nihilism would argue.

Postmodern philosophy is infantile bucko. That's why you will never be top lobster.

the fuck does cosmic scale mean?

hell yeah man just become an alcoholic and screw over everyone around you lmao
who cares if god isn't real? everyone realizes that when they turn 15.

>Nihilism is the foundation of a healthy mind

existentialism and absurdism is better than your fedoraism

>Nothing matters objectively.

Then why do you do anything?

>The physical universe sprang out of what?

The Big Bang?

>nothing matters you can rape my sister
>but please don't rape my sister
Hey buddy, I think you're being irrational here! Nothing matters, so why the care?

Maybe, just maybe, there's more to your motivations and perception of life than pure nihilism? Maybe you're failing to take that into account?

God is real, and the universe is simply God's dream

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of s***. And I’d like to get as many of them out in the open as possible. You gotta get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say about your reality?"
based Rust Cohle

No it's
>I have never encountered a supernatural entity nor have I have seen convincing evidence that anyone else truly has
And no, your word isn't 'convincing evidence'

>Nihilism is only a stepping stone to greater things for those exploring philosophy.
Or maybe it's a wake up call to stop navel gazing and trying to come up with an internally complete axiomatic system of values to guide your decisions where no such thing is possible.

Nihilism is the logical conclusion of a rational approach to philosophy. You can't prove anything. So what it shows is that ultimately logic is not some cosmic magical answer to everything but rather a convenient hack used by limited monkey brains to better perceive the universe. It's not perfect and it's ultimately only as good as the data you put into it.

Because life isn't a fucking cartoon and you have to make your own meaning.

remember when Kylo Ren told Rey that she was born from drunkards that sold her for some money. He said that she didn't matter.
But to him, TO HIM, she mattered.

Are you retarded? There's a difference between
>my movie runs in 24fps
and
>my movie runs in 24fps and is therefore better
Obviously I would agree with the above statement, but that doesn't make it an objective fact.

Nothing is provable in the way you think, though. Logic is fundamentally all tautological. 2 only equals 2 because we say so.

>You can't prove anything
hm?

>nothing matters objectively
>therefore you are not allowed to have subjective values

God you're retarded

Existentialism is for patricians.

Nihilism is for virgins.

Case and point; Camus partied all day and had sex all the time. Nietzsche did not.