Can Earthbenders bend Uranium?

Can Earthbenders bend Uranium?

Uranium falls under energy, meaning an extremely powerful Firebender could do it.

uranium's a fuckin rock m8

Earth benders control lava

A rock constantly bleeding energy, yes.

Oh well.

They can bend uranus at least.

Don't bring science into fantasy, because the rules don't match at all. Hypothetically airbenders control all gasses, so they could make perfect vacuums anywhere they feel like. 'fire' is actually vague as hell, unless it just counts as plasma, which means they could harness a fusion reaction wherever. When you have a fantasy series, any magic can be bent to any powerlevel you want

isnt uranium a metal?
in any case, bending it into shapes isnt what makes it explodes. you'd have to be able to fuck with the nuclei

and pro tip: if you could do that, it wouldnt NEED to be uranium. you could split any atom and get a nice 'splode. the only reason we use huge-nucleus'd radioactive materials is that they're EASIER to split. radiation is sorta like them letting off steam from the pressure of being ready to crack at any moment. like those little farts that escape when you're holding in a major shit

I thought only the Avatar could bend lava.

Also. Sozin's comet is made of ice, and rock. How the fuck does that empower a fire bender?

eh, it usually makes internally consistent sense though, before Korra fucked it completely up (especially the metal thing and the lightning thing)
earthbending is the one that makes the least sense because it's one thing to move a fluid (air, water, burning air) but it's another entirely to make a solid float. when they jut up pieces of earth, that makes sense, but when it just hovers....

>separate all the perfectly mixed U-235 from U-238 and all the other trace elements in the rock
>do this with hundreds of tons of rock until you reach the critical mass
>somehow form an absolutely perfect implosion device
>dont forget to bend shielding and perfectly shaped implosion boosters or your bomb wont go off
>implode it with milisecond perfect timing or it will fizzle
>somehow do this from miles away, far beyond visual range or the radiation will get you
>run fast for the blastwave

Yeah, sounds perfectly doable

only the avatar can bend lava without studying lavabending, by just earthbending it but using the waterbending training he also has. could probably do the same with lightning without specifically studying lightningbending by just knowing-waterbending. shit is versatile.

most comets are icy but sozin's is probably not. and when it hits the atmosphere and/or solar wind, it lights up and becomes a major source of fire chi.

clearly if you're gonna tie earthbenders to an element it would be carbon.

Would explain why they could do iron & steel.

You'd have to make up some explanation of why they couldn't bend plants, animals, and people though.

They gave lava bending to Bolin and a couple other people in Korra.

...and that's why I'm glad I never got into Korra.

It really does shit all over the franchise. Worse then the Shyamalan movie.

No, earthbender only bend Silicon, and all rock containing it

>you could split any atom and get a nice 'splode

Actually, only iron-55 and heavier elements make energy when split. Lighter elements make energy when they fuse and iron-55 is the most stable element out there, doing nothing but sitting there and disappointing everoyne like you in your basement. One of the possible outcomes of the universe is eventually every matter decaying into cold, lifeless iron spheres occassionally colliding eachother and become heavy enough to collapse into black holes.

Bolin is the son of a fire bender and a earth bender. It kind of makes sense.

Nah. No amount of spiritual attunement can give you the knowledge, the remote sensing, and timing to actually do it.

Not if he communicates with the spirit of the atom. Use your noggin.

>literally communication with quadrilions of atoms at the same time
>to build something he has no knowledge of existing

korrasami was less bullshit than trying to make this owrk

There's only one spirit of the atom, you fucking mongoloid. You think every drop of water in the ocean has its own spirit? No, they have Tui and La. Why the hell would every atom have a spirit? Where did I say that? Get your fucking shit together and stop being a dumbass for once in your life.

Lava bending isn't even that strong.

No, they bend silicates. Trust me, I'm a scientist.

Or perhaps bringing Aristotelian world-views into modern physics isn't a good idea.

Nigga, the implications surrounding lava bending are completely outstanding. That shit could one shot almost anything in the Avatar Universe.

kinda makes sense actually

>...my head canon

Lavabending is EXTREMELY powerful, Bolin is still mastering after he gets it, but by Book 4 he's able to do some pretty crazy stuff with it.

its metal and though metal bending is possible it requires there be impurities in the the metal. Hence when metal benders can't bend the Future Industries' metal robotic suits since they're 99.99% plantinum and lack enough impurities for metal benders to literally make a dent.

Now Uranium is mined as ore, so its full of impurities at first. However, for Uranium to be of any use, as in nuclear reactors or atomic bombs, it has to be absurdly pure. So, while metalbending uranium is possible, getting it to the point where you could do damage with it inherently would prevent a metal bender from being able to manipulate it.