Can someone explain to me why Sonic the Comic is disliked here? At least in comparison to Archie comics

Can someone explain to me why Sonic the Comic is disliked here? At least in comparison to Archie comics.

I grew up with the comics and decided to re-read my collection. And I love it all over again, and not out of nostalgia.

- Beautiful main artwork (secondary is at least creative designs), even more so considering artists like Richard Elson had only a week to do what they did.
- Wonderful adaptation of the Game World and its own setting
- Great use of the main Cast and additional character. Captain Plunder should have his own comic
- Some really great stories, the writing might be childish at points,but what do you expecting for a childrens comic, but its neither offensive to the mind and quite fun to accept it.
- Super god damn Sonic

and so forth.

Being from the UK, i didn't have any issues at first with the UK slang sometimes used, but that's hardly a point to neglect the whole series.

So why the hate?

I've actually never seen it discussed on here at all. I've never actually read it - how does it compare to the Archie comic? I liked the Archie comic when I was a kid but I admit it was cheesy as hell.

I like it.

Why was British Sonic such a dick?

called character flaws, not mary sues.

I will admit i'm biased, I didn't get far with Archie comics because I didn't care for the SATAM world, and I grew up with the classic games and would prefer a world based around them.

>Can someone explain to me why Sonic the Comic is disliked here?
The Brits needed help to win WWII.

>Why was British Sonic such a dick?
>British
You answered your own question.

Who missed them?

Gee! What a Cun-Cun-Cunt-Jerk guy!

The Archie comics are either consistently good or consistently bad. It may have been bad for a long period of time but once it got good, it stayed good for the most part.

Sonic the Comic, at least from the portion of it that I've read, was constantly flip flopping in quality. The 1/3rd of the issue that focuses on Sonic is good and Knuckles is cool sometimes but the rest is usually shit and not much of it is memorable besides a few key arcs and the game adaptations.

>Beautiful main artwork (secondary is at least creative designs), even more so considering artists like Richard Elson had only a week to do what they did.
They're good renders, but it's static as fuck, which is a big problem for a long running comic. You may as well have had Elson draw twelve poses per character and then had the writer copy/paste them as he sees fit.

>Wonderful adaptation of the Game World and its own setting
Hit and miss. Some aspects are nice, others are generic as all hell and aren't very interesting.

>Great use of the main Cast and additional character. Captain Plunder should have his own comic
It had a couple of strong characters, but the writing was very hit-or-miss and the heroic characters were little more than cheerleaders in the vast bulk of the stories, so they weren't utilized terribly well.

>Some really great stories
Again, hit-or-miss as hell. Even after the superfluous other-sega-games adaptations trickled away, you would often get at least one or two mediocre to bad stories per issue. Beyond this, the formula for hitting deadlines was...not the best. They kept setting up new status quos where Sonic could be thrown into whatever the fuck situation they wanted for about two or four or six months. That works every once in a while, but this was the primary way of keeping the comic from looking like it was spinning its wheels. So you'd get stuff like Sonic getting stuck in the Special Zone for quite a while, or the whole "Time Zone"...I guess you'd call it an event? The point is that the vast bulk of the comic was inventory stories meant to keep up with the fortnightly schedule and the quality really wasn't consistent because of this.

>Super god damn Sonic
Overrated meme

They're pretty decent kids comics on average, but disgustingly overrated.

>Captain Plunder should have his own comic
I liked his ghost pal that he killed over a biscuit, and the time the Chaos Emeralds took the evil out of them and turned them into hippies

Sonic was a dick regardless of nationality

Generally, among Sonic fans, I usually see them lean more towards Sonic The Comic. It has it's differences and inconsistancies (especially with Sonic's attitude), but generally takes more inspiration from the games (whereas Archie phased the game elements out after a while). The Sonic 3 & Knuckles adaptation in particular is considered a highlight of the comic, if not the peak.

I miss Uncle Chuck being Sonics actual uncle...

>Tails is effectively Sonic's brother despite not even being the same species.
>This is fine.

>Chuck is Sonic's de facto uncle.
>This is a problem.

I don't get this.

>Super sonic is a mass murdering psychopath
Enough

Shame Scanf took all their shit down, it's a bit of a bother to pull up the ancillary stories from stuff like the Yearbook and Poster Mags on the usual sites.

Sonic and Tails were never biologically related to each other. That's not really a good comparison.

Neither were Sonic and Uncle Chuck :^)

Best parents out of the whole cast, they did nothing wrong.

>tfw Bernie is old enough to be Sonic's sister due to being roboticized for over a decade

Sonic's dad is the best character nobody talks about.

Remember that time Sonic had a platoon of bitches?

It can be said that even if he weren't roboticized, Sonic's dad would have balls of brass.

they were never as bad as Archie but were also never as good. middling series and very boring.