Thoughts on Samurai Jack as of now

Interested on what everyone thinks about the show. The general consciences seems to be overwhelmingly positive online, although I find some flaws myself.

It feels way to rushed
>Of course, there's only 10 episodes
Don't think they have an excuse, unless they planned for twelve to thirteen episodes then forces to reduce it to ten, then i can understand. But I feel like Ashi needed more time to build up and so did Jack.

This recent episode completely underplayed the my hype for the horsemen, the previous episode killed a fan favorite character, just to bring them back to life and advance the plot.

This is just too much trying to happen at once.

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.ign.com/articles/2017/02/23/samurai-jack-creator-on-the-shows-return-and-delivering-a-satisfying-conclusion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Don't think they have an excuse, unless they planned for twelve to thirteen episodes then forces to reduce it to ten, then i can understand
It started out as a two-hour movie. Compared to that, this pacing is a godsend.

The first 3 episodes were god tier, but after that the writing started getting a little messy. I can't really form a full opinion of it yet until the story concludes, but I'm a little disappointed after the expectations the beginning set up.

Thinking about it, the fact that it started as a movie might have to do with this.

Source.

So wait, is Demongo naked too? Is everything black in this show naked

I like it because I am ok with my personal headcanons not becoming canon and didn't expect an impossible masterpiece-holyshit-highest form of media to ever exist show unlike 90% of Sup Forums

That's a good point, we got more to develop granted 13 episodes would have worked better.

I can't help but wonder, is this the same plot he always intended to end the show with and would also have been the plot of the movie?

I'm enjoying it. I agree that it does feel a tad rushed but that's not a real big gripe for me.

I`ve never watched it, therefore I don`t like it.

how can people say it's rushed? the first several episodes are way, WAY too slow, and accomplish almost nothing per episode.. when you know you only have a few episodes, even one being wasted feels bad man
but the last episode has justified it, and it's.. what, episode 4? so now I'm feeling better. we have 6 more eps to beat aku, go back in time, and beat aku again, thereby making every time jack ever refused to go home because it would let someone die in a timeline that would never exist after that..

>I'm fine with okay
I really don't think it could be. If it was, then thank you Adult Swim for giving them ten, but thirteen would've been perfect.

At least he wears a fucking cloak and covers himself with skulls

>but the last episode has justified it, and it's.. what, episode 4? so now I'm feeling better. we have 6 more eps
it's the other way around

>Twisting my words
I didn't say it was OK, I said I like it because I'm okay with something. Read Nigga, Read

I think the main problem with the new series is it doesn't feel enough like the finale its supposed to be

first of all I don't really get why Genndy felt it necessary to make it so Jack doesn't age out of nowhere
maybe this will tie in to everything by the end but right now
its just a bizarre choice that is presented very matter of factly

it really seems like by this point everything should be coming to a head
like there should be a huge all out war against Aku but as revealed in the last episode for some reason all of the people Jack helped aren't really doing anything but living normally and even Aku is bored with nothing going on
The Scotsman is the only one still fighting it seems

We have four more episodes, time to catch up.
> the first several episodes are way, WAY too slow, and accomplish almost nothing per episode

I felt real distress those two episodes, setting the stage for a over the season arc is important. By omitting one episode, Jacks mental state would be taken for granite. And I felt his recovery was too fast as well, this story needed time.

The 50 year time skip really does feel rather unnecessary, especially since only one or two characters so far have even aged.

Send your post to an editor

Yes, it was the same basic plot as the movie.

ca.ign.com/articles/2017/02/23/samurai-jack-creator-on-the-shows-return-and-delivering-a-satisfying-conclusion

>Tartakovsky wouldn't have been okay with Samurai Jack never returning. With a story to finish, he felt bad about leaving Jack and fans hanging. He kicked around the idea of a feature film for a while, and though that didn't manifest, he held onto his plans for Jack's future. He explained, "It's a big idea, and I don't know if I want to give it away yet because it comes around episode 5 or 6 where we start to realize, 'Oh wait, this is where it's heading?'"

>episode 5 or 6 where we start to realize, 'Oh wait, this is where it's heading?'"
Yeah, down the drain.

Genndy mentions it in the behind the scenes video for season 5

it does make the whole thing about aku giving up on trying to kill jack more belivable though.

The timeskip symbolizes how fans feel after 13 years with no jack

demongo was too random

everything else is good.

I'm just glad he's alive, Demongo is one my favorite villains

Any chance the finale will be longer than 23 minutes?

Heard that the final episode is a two parter

I mean there's only 4 23 minute episodes left. I'm hoping they give us a surprise and announce that episode 10 will be closer to 45 minutes.

The finale is a two-parter, but we don't know whether that mean 9 and 10 will be on the same night or whether 10 will be 46 minutes.

Did ashi never bathed before?

I feel that above else the situation presented in the first 2 episodes should have stuck around for longer. Seeing a broken and jaded Jack was interesting and I liked the more "punk" and grim setting that the established. They also had an opportunity for an even more evil Aku, unhindered by the age ratings. Them resolving his depression and upping the tone so quickly kinda cheapened it. I wanted to revel in the despair longer, possibly up until a triumphant return just before the series climax. We could have also had more "kino" episodes like with the tomb/firefly sequence.

Hope its 46 minutes. I don't see how they wrap up the show with a normal lengthens episode.