Disney Parks Thread

What's the best attraction at a non-US Disney Park and why is it Hong Kong's Mystic Manor?

youtube.com/watch?v=BeDx6V8dmXg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ElpJFzVB1SE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's pretty rad. Nice to see Disney can still make great rides even in this day and age. I understand alot of people were upset when Nordstrom was replaced by Frozen in Disney World Florida.

My family goes every 4 years during the summer but this time we decided to go during Thanksgiving last year. Capacity was NUTS! It was nice to experience the parks during the Holidays, but from now on we plan on going during the Spring/Summer. Much less crowded, the days are longer, and much more to do.

Favorite rides are Haunted Mansion and Star Tours.

Epcot fags get so butthurt if you touch anything (Sorry guys, nobody was riding World of Motion or Horizons when they got shut down) but Frozen Ever After is a legitimately great D-Ticket dark ride and gets bonus points for being post-movie, not a book report.

youtube.com/watch?v=ElpJFzVB1SE

>Nordstrom
Nordstrom is a store, silly. The Maelstrom is still alive in spirit, the ride is almost exactly the same track, including uphill into a bright light, backwards downhill, etc. All the animatronics are top fuckin' notch, especially the Olaf at the beginning. Looks like he's actually walking around on his fat little legs.

I've never been to a non-US Disney property, but I always enjoy Haunted Mansion and Pirates when I go. I got to go on Expedition Everest 6 times in one night with my daughter as they closed, so that was really cool. Little fart never wanted to sit in front, though.

>tfw hollywood studios will never be a full park

I didn't even get to ride The Frozen ride because, going during the holidays, it was at about a 2 hour wait at all times.

Rather than wait in line with my fiance, which was her first time going at all, we decided to do other things instead. I'm sure it will be less busy next time we go, especially during the summer.

The lines are a meme. I once queued when it had a posted 90 minute wait, took less than 20 minutes on standby. They artificially inflate them to disperse crowds and fuck with the Guest Assistance Card holders (goddamn retards, we could have a whole thread about the "autism pass")

>go on toy story yesturday
>posted 45 minutes
>off ride in around 20
>star tours posted 30
>off ride in like 20

But the meet and greets don't lie

we might aswell go ahead and start the waifu posting these threads last longer with it

>went with my fiancé to the Florida parks as well
>she'd never been but she knows I go every year and this is my Mecca
>didn't give a fuck about her, trooped on like I do every year
>no shits about 1-2 hour lines, ignore the kids asking their parents where my kids are in character meets
>take her to shitty Hollywood studios in the Florida downpours because even the shitty parks have something and at least I get to use my Disney ponchos for a fourth time
>tired, beaten, broken, bruised
>she doesn't see me even enjoy anything because all of my happiness is internal at this point and I go here like a pilgrim suffering in modern Jerusalem because it's my duty
>she knew what she was getting into

She's seen my pictures and she's talked to my friends who were veterans of going to the parks with me. Everyone told her that she should take it easy and bring me to California Disneyland if she wanted to live through the week. Dumb bint thought it would be nice to book a 4-park for Florida and thought that everybody was exaggerating.

We're still together but she's cancelled the Disney cruise and stay at the Hawaii resort that we were supposed to go to for our honeymoon.

I went in the week leading up to H'ween. The first time we went on the ride, we got in line as the fireworks show was starting. Estimated time was 75 minutes, but we got through in 20.

A few days later we went again during the day with our daughter. The wait then was 2 hours, and by God did it take 2 hours. Sometimes the time is accurate, and sometimes it ain't. I think you can get an app on your phone to tell you the estimated time. Also, when I went, you could go over to the Frozen ride as soon as the park opened; you didn't have to wait for World Showcase.

That German buffet is delicious, but it will take all of your money.

>That's the idea

honestly you sound like a right asshole

Eh, Frozen Ever After just feels more like a meet and greet then an actual ride.

You have Oaken and Olaf on marketing duty an barking about your trip to the mountain to meet Elsa. Then you pass by a bunch of snot nosed troll kids asking Grandpa to put the DVD of the movie on again. Then you get to the castle and run into Elsa for like 20 seconds before she sings her one song and sends you away so Marshmallow the burly Character Bouncer can fling you off the mountain and then you get some anticlimactic fireworks and an awkward In Summer singalong.

New build over in Magic Kingdom would have been better. Could have recycled those old Enchanted Snow Palace concepts by Marc Davis from the 70s.

Jim Hill really should retire

You sound like a bitter jerk, and should lighten up and enjoy yourself.

The cruise is great, you're missing out.

Lines may be a meme most of the time but man I'm not so sure during Holidays. Everything telling about wait times was pretty close to spot on.

That sucks that your fiance cancelled your honeymoon plans but from everything you've told you really didn't seem to make it fun for her either. My fiance and I plan on going to Disney World for our honeymoon because we're pretty much kids at heart, and she really enjoyed it even with the busy holiday crowds.

I've always been curious about that German buffet, I'll have to go next time.

>Dragging your gf from place to place without caring about whether or not she's having a good time
Your relationship is not going to last long.

>Cancelled the Disney cruise
Your loss.

GOAT

Honestly, why go around Christmas?

I can't deny it. I am a bitter asshole and Disney is the only joy I get in the world apart from family and friends so I have to do it my right and my way.

And the cruises are great. Got to meet Belle's VA and hang out with chip and dale. Shame about the resort, never been to one of those:

My family wanted to give it a whirl after only going during the Spring and Summer. We enjoyed it but we'll be sticking with Spring and Summer from now on.

Magic Kingdom is really festive during the holidays if that's your thing. Otherwise, September has always been the best time of year to go.

>my right and my way
>forcing "fun"
>acknowledging you're acting worse than a four year old but not striving to be better

Good luck with that marriage. yikes.

My wife really wanted to go to it, being from an uber-German family. I was freaked out by the price and the fact that all you smell outside is sauerkraut, but it's better inside. Tons of food (of course, it's a buffet), live German polka you can get onto the floor and dance to, a nice faux-village atmosphere. I've never had better pretzels and beer&cheese soup. Eat it for lunch and you'll be too full for dinner. It might be cheaper that way too, I can't remember.

>I have to do it my right and my way
That's the problem. Your gf was probably miserable during that trip and wasn't having any fun at all. Go by yourself next time.

I can say from experience that early December is the best time to go for holidays. All the festive stuff with a lot less of the crowds.

It seemed like the last place anyone wanted to go during the holidays. When we were at Epcot we ate at the Coral Reef restaurant. That was really great, price is also outrageous but the service was fantastic and the food was awesome. I recommend going if you haven't before.

For the sake of our relationship, We agree that I am now.

It was an unfortunate but expected outcome.

>unfortunate but expected outcome
Please stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself, us, and dragging the thread down.

Been saving up since forever but I finally ahve enough
I'm currently planning a 10 day trip down to Disney World
2 days at each park
and the other 2 days exploring other shit

is 10 days overkill?

Ehh, depends on the person I guess. I would love to go for 10 days but as someone who's gone there plenty of times, I can't imagine spending more than a day in Animal Kingdom and a Day in Hollywood studious.

Until Hollywood studios gets their StarWars, Toy Story, and Avatar expansion I really can't see that changing.

My recommendation: Give Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios a day each, then the other parks two days if you truly want to. The rest of the money can be used for food at whatever restaurant you wish and cool souvenirs you want to grab.

You can pretty much see everything that's in Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in one day each. I think Magic Kingdom is really the only park where it would take multiple days to do everything. A seven day trip may be better than ten unless you want to take a couple days to go to Universal or some other area.

Anybody else giant sperglords meeting princesses?

I would do a week at must you dont need 2 days for ak or dhs

okay
I'll cut Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios to one day

are they boring or bland?

No I try to act normal as possible, but I'll keep a lingering hand or try to grab their tits. Most don't mind, and the worst they do is bat you away. They deal with such touchy kids all day their bodies are desensitized to it.

Hollywood studios is boring AK is bland.

ive been a cm for 3 months now and have yet to overcome my fear to meet princesses solo
ak isnt boring to me but some people dont get it
dhs just doesnt have enough to keep you in the park all day unless you want to see every single show and even then its a stretch
dont be that guy

You're supposed to get lost in the trails and go to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Most people just want to ride big rides and bolt.

My fiance went to Disney World her first time last Thanksgiving. She had always been really afraid of people in animal costumes but I told her that when she saw characters that were familiar to her that would change. She was a bit apprehensive about Mickey and the classic characters, but I saw her really start to come around when she saw Stitch her first time, she loved that. She decided she wanted to see Ariel and she absolutely freaked when it finally happened, after that she begged to go see as many princesses as we could, which we did. great stuff.

They aren't boring or bland by any means, they just need more content. Hollywood Studios is going through a bit of an identity crisis right now, you'll probably spend a good portion of the day going around the park and the rest of it doing nothing but Star Tours because the ride changes each time you ride it.

Animal Kingdom, that's a bit more complicated, I didn't really appreciate its size until I went on a backstage tour with my fiance, I wanted to surprise her because she's getting into biology. The park is small but they ARE expanding on it VERY slowly, or at least they have plans to. In reality, the actual park portion of it takes up about 33% of the entire facility, while the rest of the place is a huge area for keeping the animals fed, healthy, etc. It's pretty amazing.

They always stick the ugly Belles in Epcot.

delet

Fucking Sequel Trilogy integration ruins the theme of Star Tours: The Adventure Continues as being between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

I was a bit apprehensive about the new Star Tours myself honestly, but it was very clever of them to make the ride different each time. I had fun riding it regardless. Went about 7 times in a row. Was so pissed I never saw the Hoth portion.

So they did some hardhat tour of the Guardians of the Galaxy overhaul of DCA's Tower of Terror and it sounds like they're going full on "Ironic edge comedy capeshit" with it.

Like the ride being a disgusting eyesore is part of the whole point because the Collector decided that Disneyland was the right place to set up shop and attract tons of tourists.

The giftshop is connected to the story as well in that by ride's end, you have started a gigantic riot and now all of the Collector's employees are selling off the Collector's shit to make a few bucks in the middle of the chaos.

Hoth is the best, and has a Mission:Space reference

It's only as weird as you make it.
>been hugged by Rapunzel

SUPERSTAR LIMO MUST RETURN AND I WILL FIGHT EVERYONE WHO STANDS IN ITS WAY

fucking hell goddammit. Out of the ones I did see I liked the Naboo and Corusant bits the most. Also, Darth Vader pushing the ship around was fucking amazing.

>People deny that this is a Marvel board
>We've got to the point where we're shilling Marvel rides at Disneyland
I miss Sup Forumsmblr

On the topic of character meet and greets, went to Hollywood studios. Pretty awesome seeing Chewbacca. Went to see Kylo Ren, that was ok, kind of weird hearing his voice come from the ceiling. When my dad asked if Kylo Ren could Force Choke him for a picture the said that was a big nono, I assume for family reasons. Fucking LAME.

Went around and there were a pair of Jawas walking around casually taking pictures with people giving hugs, high fives, Voices, glowing eyes everything. Took a picture with them and told them they were a hell of alot more fun than Kylo Ren, way cooler too. To which they giggled gave a thumbs up and high fived my dad and I.

They need to relax and let us get force choked if we want that. Great photo opportunity.

They're getting like, what that one Guardians of the Galaxy Ride? I don't know of any others in Disneyland.

>tripfag thinks their opinion matters

oof

Hollywood Studios has very little to actually do right now because half the park is under construction for new lands and some other stuff is being closed for no reason. Even so, you definitely want to visit at night and see Fantasmic.

Both parks are neat. Just not enough stuff in them to warrant being there more than one day.

I'm still pissed that the former real animation studio was changed into a Star Wars meet and greet hub. Way to shit on your legacy.

At least they have that Walt Disney Memorial Walkthrough thing which is pretty cool.

im ok with this
whats the reference?

Yeah, but they keep replacing the movie at the end with previews for whatever thing Disney currently has in theaters now while wasting a theater slot elsewhere in the park on "Star Wars Saga clipshow that's not much better then a YouTube Supercut"

ouch, man They're having a really hard time with that parl.

Anyone remember Drew Carry's theater show thing?

Same computer lady voice when you teeter over the edge on Hoth and after crashing on Mars.

China is afraid of ghosts, so we got this magic monkey fun instead. And Tron Light Cycles seems fun. Will Splash Mountain be revamped to a Zootopia ride? I want Disney to make my Fox Lover real through the power of auto-erotica

Eh, it's not exactly internally consistent. You still have the Trade Federation in the Naboo scene and going to Coruscant you see a Clone Wars battle, the Battle of Hoth is happening, etc

That's funny

Yeah but now you'll see Han run into the Falcon on the space station, only to immediately go to Jakku and have Finn on the Falcon.

wow now that i think about it that makes so much sense

I want to be in a Disney Theme Park...

what's the Disney ride that gets you pregnant if you ride it?

Gaston

Space Mountain, duh

Any of the water park slides?

Back when the first game released there actually was a Sora meet and greet. Not sure about Kairi or Riku though.

I said pregnant not naegleria

I confuse the two

I'm shocked they still haven't made it work somehow.

Bill Clinton is in the hall of presidents...

so what Disney ride has the highest death count?

It needs to be profitable for them to want to make it work first.

I dunno. I know that one woman got crushed by the old rotating ride in Magic Kingdom. And then some old guy died of a heart attack recently from Dinosaur.

you'd think they would have snuck some Heartless into one of the Halloween events by now, especially considering they made Hocus Pocus of all things part of one of them(even if said stage show was pretty amazing)

>Back when the first game released there actually was a Sora meet and greet
and the suit they had for Sora was an abomination

yeah Disney has done surprisingly little with the franchise themselves, in spite of them owning everything about it(besides the SE guest characters)

the thing is Kingdom Hearts has been a hugely successful franchise the entirety of it's existence

Some things are best left as mysteries

They should just build it in Disney Tokyo

it could be licensing issues. They might not own the rights to heartless for the themeparks

I know about the Sora meet and greet, although IIRC it was done for Chain of Memories rather than the first game. I just want The Heartless to show up in some form, at least they look like Disney characters to some extent.

The meet and greet costume for Sora was also creepy as hell, that's one of the reasons why you don't see him these days.

I know they'll use areas around Disney parks to promote the games, I still remember hearing about some KH stuff appearing in Ikspiari a few years ago and the presale event that was supposed to be in Downtown Disney until they moved it to a nearby hotel.

And there's an official Trading Pin that features Mickey in an Organization XIII cloak.

I don't know
But wouldn't be surprised if Disneyland Shanghai will have the highest death count soon

She was crushed by America Sings in Disneyland California. The Carousel of Progress (opened 53 years ago this week at the 1964 World's Fair) has a zero body count.

The suit was certainly weird for Sora, but it was better than nothing.

>the thing is Kingdom Hearts has been a hugely successful franchise the entirety of it's existence
If you were to go to Epcot or Magic Kingdom today and say that to anyone who was there enjoying their day they would have absolutely no idea what you were talking about.

>but ree normies
Who do you think is easier to make money off of? Who do you think the parks cater to?

>Wanting the Heartless to show up at all
That would be cool but as I said, no one would have a single clue as to what they were.

Ah I got the two confused.

its not a mystery. Disney had first dibs to make Harry Potter Land. JK Rowling was on board if she was allowed to retain significant creative controll. Disney said, fuck that, we're Disney we get control. So she said no. Universal, not being retarded, immediately said she could veto anything they did and be as involved as she wanted to be. This left Mickey Mouse standing there with his pants down, dick in hand. So, in a move not to look like a complete asshole in front of the investors, Mr. Mouse grabbed the nearest billion dollar property attached to obsessive creator they could get to show they could work with outside creators. Hence Avatar land was born

Disney owns all the original content created for Kingdom Hearts. It's just that Disney America is mostly indifferent to the franchise.

I love that the original plan would've had Pandora opening with three Avatar movies already released. Now it's opened with the first still being the only one and the next one not coming until 2020 at the soonest.

Even that's not definite because Cameron keeps putting it off and Disney has no assurances that he'll actually stick to the 2020 release timetable and absolutely no way of forcing him to do it.

As much as I love Disney I really hope Avatar land crashes and burns. Fuck Cameron.

And here's the cloaked Mickey pin, I usually see it in Tomorrowland's gift shops.

>That would be cool but as I said, no one would have a single clue as to what they were.

And you don't really need a reason as to where they're from, that's the beauty of the Heartless. All you need is a name, what they're doing in the parks, and how they got there.

You don't even need to introduce Xehanort to add them, you can just introduce them as minions that Maleficent and Pete control and are giving partial control of them to other Disney villains for shits and giggles. The only wrench that fans would find is The Queen of Hearts controlling them, the Trickmaster Heartless was always the last boss in Wonderland the only hint of a possible villain being there was in the non-canon manga.

Should have just made zootopia. That would have been amazing and made a shit ton of money. As is commonly known, furries have an absurd amount of money to spend on their fetish. Imagine, the furst themepark to cater to a sexual fetish, at Disney no less. I'm going to go drink bleach now

Is there any hype for it at all? I can't imagine who would be excited for it. Even the diehard Avatar fans have mostly abandoned it and moved on.

>furst
I see what you're doing there.

As far as I can tell there's more confusion than hype for it. Everyone seems to be asking why it is rather than when it is. It wasn't originally affiliated with Disney, there is still no sequel, and it just seems shoehorned to people.

in one of the meetings where they were debating on whether or not to make the deal with Cameron, an executive was pointing out how much money Avatar made. Then a saner mind asked if anyone in the room could name a single character from the movie. There was dead silence

Avatarland was thing before Zootopia was even announced, so that's doing it any favors. Disney also has a policy against costumes if you're over a certain age, so fursuits are out of the question.

Oh, and it would've been the theme park equivalent of Rainfurrest.

>Rainfurrest
Dare I ask?