Toonami Ratings for 4/22/17

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

This week we started the dub premiere of Attack on Titan S2. Expectations were high, and it disappointed bigtime. To start, Jack didn't let us down, and yet again was the highest rated non sport show on Saturday. But the good stops there. AoT, which is a dub premiere and only a few weeks behind Japan, pulled the same numbers Jojo was. And as you can expect, the rest of the night did poorly as well. I hope they didn't pay a lot for it.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1330 0.68 870
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 991 0.49 634
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 976 0.50 637
12:30a Attack on Titan 826 0.41 523
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 712 0.35 448

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 659 0.32 417
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 577 0.27 344
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 547 0.26 331
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 487 0.23 294

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rtAOD96RXPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Family Guy continues to be BTFO by Jack

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.55 879 0.40 519
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.44 657 0.31 403
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.49 758 0.36 463
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.53 819 0.39 495

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.69 1120 0.51 660
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.81 1246 0.57 727

Average comedy reruns

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 419 0.21 264
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 456 0.23 296
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 455 0.23 291

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 476 0.23 293
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 520 0.26 338

>826

Best

>yfw you went back to previous episodes and noticed it

>those legs on the right

Oh shit I did the same thing in middle school when I'd run out of paper but the character wasn't finished yet.

>the newest thing Toonami had ever aired behind Dandy
>popular with normies
>826k

If we make it to 2018 I'll be surprised

Well, this confirmed it, Toonami is dead, and it wasn't jojo itself the raiting was getting worse every week

you can clearly see the edit

Episode 8. You didn't hear it from me

>yfw he read your mind

dont worry guys, they just didnt advertise AoT much haha

>hack DeMarco not adding Family Guy reruns to the block
Does he want Toonami to die?

fucking Attack on Meme killing the block, it's like One Punch Meme never left

>that plummet of viewers when Jack ends

Never won't be funny. Toonami is on its deathbed, say your goodbyes

Arent theses raitings still better then practly everything cn dose

the block should be like:
Family guy
Dragonball
Steven Universe
Other dragonball
Teen Titans Go
AoT
Family Guy
Cowboy Bebop

there, block saved and with the money generated via ads, we should be able to buy Disney and Apple.

It's almost like people have lives and can't stay up into the ungodly hours of the night to watch anime

Jack shouldn't be on this block, he's taking a good timeslot from better shows.

TTG pulls millions effortlessly despite being pretty much all they air

>people can't stay up
>had no issues with this 2013-2015

Keep up those excuses

saturday.

Yes DeMarco, try to justify why Toonami's shitty decisions haven't affected the ratings.

Or would that be Adult Swim's fault?

JOJO SEASON 3 NEXT NIGGER

God damn I didn't think AoT was that big of a FotM flop

Why are people surprised a show at 12:00 AM has less than a million viewers? I bet Jack would pull half a million more viewers if it was aired an hour early (and wasn't up against some popular show)

It's nighttime, people go to sleep.

for how big it was, it got all of 3 days of advertising

Demarco can you please fuck off? Getting millions into 1-1:30 used to be business as usual. Now we can't even get a show at 11:30 over a million. A dub premiere of an allegedly popular series shouldn't being having these issues

So the moral of the story is to quickly capitalize on the popularity of a flavor-of-the-month anime and not just make a 12-episode sequel series three years after the original?

Now I'm scared to see how OPM season 2 will fare.

Jojo season 3 confirmed to save toonami

just like season 2 was going to during season 1

it will N E V E R air on Toonami

Pretty much. OPM seems to have a bit more staying power though, we will see

Hopefully the tournament arc doesn't turn off people. At least the King, Fubuki, and MB episodes will be good.

Yea because at this rate Toonami will be cancelled by then

well Titan just lost the excitement it had with season 1. Its been 4 years, people have moved on. The show also isn't as compelling as it was before

More Fubuki is all I need to tune in. I'd even accept more of her less attractive sister

They pull in millions BECAUSE its all they air

i'm not gonna say i knew this would happen, but it was fairly obvious

can't scapegoat one piece as being the cause no more

April 23, 2016
12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,361,000
12:30 AM Dimension W 1,150,000
1:00 AM Hunter x Hunter 1,012,000
1:30 AM Samurai Champloo 896,000
2:00 AM Naruto Shippuden 852,000
2:30 AM One Piece 756,000
3:00 AM Parasyte -the maxim- 659,000

i can't find these on programming insider under the toonami tag, but they're on the wiki so meh

Why is Jojo doing so badly?

it wasn't, the block itself is dying because of the lead in being weakened with jack (since family guy repeats do much better than it at 11PM) and the super repeat (same deal) and followed by decades old dragon ball

they need to wrap jack up asap and get family guy back, get rid of the 8 PM super premiere and move that to midnight as the sole premiere slot for it, and move buu kai to the repeat slot

then we might get back to last year's levels

Being that it exists online at the click of a button probably doesn't help. Jack and Dandy are premieres, Jojo is just tv syndication catching up with what's already released.

I'm very fond of One Piece, but I accept that it will always be destined as the long runner chugging along in the background. Toei have dragged the content out so long from intro song, introduction, recap, and moving stills you could probably describe the actual content of a new episode in one breath.

Jack is literally the only thing a huge chunk of people are tuning in for. Its the furthest thing from the problem.

And you know damn well they can't drop 8pm Super. That's what everyone gets for requesting literal children's anime

Normies had to learn the hard way most of the memes don't come from p1+p2

if it's the only thing people are tuning in for and it's not doing as well as family guy repeats then it's definitely dragging the block down since there's some consistency in holdover from those

if they can't drop 8pm super then drop it from toonami, it's just an albatross at this point since it won't ever do as well as kai usee to nor as well as any decent premiere would if it wasn't being dragged down by jack and the dragon ball power hour

THAT'S WHAT YOU FAGS SAID ABOUT KLK AND JOJO AND OPM AND GUESS WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED

On a minor bit of news, Adult Swim just got the rights to Big O season 1 back for the first time in years (they have perpetual rights to season 2, but not to season 1). The Toonami stream did a full marathon of it yesterday.

So that may show up in the rerun slot at some point.

>All this bitching

How would YOU solve the problem, then, smart asses?

drop long runners, drop meme shit like Jojo, air 1 or 2 season edgy shit with waifus like KLK, AGK, and T Ghoul and rake in the ratings

Here's the issue, it's past the point of being solved now. If borderline simuldubs can't even put asses in seats, I don't think anything can. But let's go with since its dying anyway, why not roll the dice and have some fun. Maybe it works, if so great. Maybe it doesn't, if so whatever since it was about to bite it anyway

I could do without the racism in that picture.

I couldn't.

>Toonami is kill
At least it gave us Jack back

Perhaps tumblr is more your speed then

Agreed. We got Jack, it can die now. FLCL can just air on regular AS, not that many care about that anyway

With all the hype and the shit we've been through I'm gonna miss shit posting with the lads when Toonami is finally gone.

The problem is that the wait for season 2 was such that anyone that invested in Attack on Titan was going to read the manga. . Especially since this whole season is only gonna be 12 episodes and there's no way ANY questions will get answered in those 12 unless they skip about 30 chapters worth of material.

AoT has a long fairly continuity heavy narrative that forces you to strike while the iron is hot and keep audiences in their seats. Compare this to OPM which is essentially a gag series where you can run the same joke whenever, or Jojo where each season is essentially its own new story, and it's not really the same.

If I had to pick a culprit though I'd pick the hour of DBZ. The dropoff really started with that, it seems, even if the show itself does okay

>AoT already a flop
>only thing to look forward to is Unicorn's replacement
>very likely will be IBOS2 despite S1 doing terrible
>if AoT only pulled 826k it's guaranteed to pull less

I can't see any way Toonami lasts another 6 months

Stop getting FOTM shit and get cheap hipster shit, it worked at the start

You know for all the times I've seen this posted, I just don't understand what's going on here. Is this an edit? What was edited? Why?

I think this is the original.

Probably yes and probably not, at this point the whole latino-half-breeds is a weird fetish and a meme.

>AoT season 2
>most hyped animu
>put it on a late night shift

This should come either before or after Samurai Jack. Dragon Ball Kai should be 12:30.

>12:30a Attack on Titan 826 0.41 523
See, DeMarco? Have you learned that letting normalfags dictate the lineup only leads to tragedy?!

True. We were better off when Toonami wasn't expected to be a powerhouse block competing with sports and other shit on a Saturday night.

normalfags is what makes this block the block.

us underground people already seen these shows and no reason to see them again

AoT was popular like four years ago.The long wait between seasons tanked its popularity.

AoT's production staff fucked the franchise over by sitting on their asses for four years. You'd think after all that time they could deliver more than a 12 episode season.

Without normalfags Toonami wouldn't exist. Appealing to normalfags is its entire purpose.

Between torrents, fansubs and Crunchyroll, hardcore animu nerds have already seen every show on Toonami that they're interested in. They're not the audience.

I thought the Attack on Titan dub was premiering on Funimation.

>3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 487 0.23 294
Movie or series?

Series. And AoT premieres on Toonami, but is available on Funimation like 30 mins later

Anyone feel like just tuning out halfway through? I was ok until the hour of edge. That and everything after felt like a slog to get through. The only show I stick around for is GitS which means I have to sit through to the end. Super was boring as hell. As soon as Jack and GitS are done, I think I'm just gonna hand it up on Toonami. I was gonna stick around for JoJo Pt.3 but I can just watch it online (and watch the subs like some dirty weeb). Also, what is the purpose of airing Super at 8 and 11:30? If they already air Super at 8, why waste the premium airtime after Jack on a rerun instead of putting on?
It likely wasn't going to do well to begin with for the reasons alluded to hereAny remotely interested fan of S1 either read the manga or dropped and forgot the series over the ensuing years. Putting it on earlier might have brought in a few new normies not interested in anime and who only stick around for the Jack nostalgia, but it likely would have not done considerably better than it is now.

Series

I feel you, user. I like Super but I feel unmotivated to watch past it. The two most fun shows on the block were One Piece and Jojo, and they're both gone in favor of childish edgy bloodfests. I like Hunter X Hunter but it's not worth sitting through a decade-old DBZ rerun and an hour of grimdark just to see a show that's got its first 100 episodes on Netflix anyway. I'm not sure I'll be motivated to watch Toonami after Jack ends.

Thankfully, Titan season 2 is only 12 episodes so maybe they can un-fuck the schedule when it ends in a few months.

Yeah, I used to stay tuned for One Piece but now I just turn it off after Kai. Don't give a fuck about any of the shows after that, and if Kai was before Super as it should be I'd skip Super too.

1.3 million people heard Spongebob say "penis."

Super airing at 8 is a contract stipulation

That's nothing. There's an episode of the Boondocks that has Tom Kenny voicing a redneck, and he uses the word nigger, and it literally sounded like a Redneck Spongebob.

To be fair it is a monthly series. So they either needed to either do a bunch of filler or go anime original

I keep hearing this, both here on Sup Forums and in other Toonami forums. A lot of people aren't watching the whole block anymore because they pulled One Piece.

And here's the thing: OP may not have had the best ratings, but its fanbase was loyal and dedicated, and they were willing to sit through the rest of the block just to get to their show. That boosted the ratings of every other series, even if lots of other people tuned out when OP came on.

Toonami's overall ratings have been down every week since OP cancelled. Aside from Jack, every show has gotten lower numbers consistently. You can pretend that's a coincidence if it makes you feel better.

Must have pissed people off because that one never aired outside of its premiere

Except that's outright wrong. The week after OP was canned the average improved immensely. TG was doing great for its slot until they decided to shelve it for a week after it just started which seems to have killed it.

What we are watching right now are manga chapters from 2013. Season 1 aired in 2014. There's literally no excuse for this 3 year wait

Wait is that really the guy who does Spongebob?

The excuse was that the studio who does the anime was overburdened with other projects to finish S2 in a timely fashion.

Tom Kenny, yeah. He does a lot of voce work.

youtube.com/watch?v=rtAOD96RXPE

Watch this, if you want a good laugh.

And even when they got around to it, they STILL couldn't give it a full 26 episodes. Which, considering the chapters they're adapting are really going to hurt it in the long run.

stay alive until the morning

I never understood this meme

>Tfw you've reach a point of blasétude so great with Toonami that even IF it somehow started airing all your dream shows you're not even sure you'd bother tuning in
I just turn it on for Jack and then turn it off. I used to watch the whole block no matter how bad it got. I wonder if it's because Jack's too good and the drop in quality from it to Super is so evident that I don't want to keep going

>Super down that much from Jack

What gives? When Jack started, Super was still pulling well over a million, and Kai too IIRC. Now both fall just below that mark.

At this rate, by the time the show finally starts the Zamasu stuff, Super'll be pulling JoJo numbers, and Kai'll be worse.

Demarco fucked up by not scheduling AoT behind Jack. Even if the AoT bubble has burst, it still would have done better than Super.

This. It's a fucking dub premier for fuck's sake, the Super reruns and DBZ everyone's already seen years ago can be push back for the what, 12 episodes of AoT? No one wants to sit through one hour of Dragon Ball just for Attack on Titan but I'm certain more would be willing to stick around if it went directly from Jack to AoT2.

The first week people saw what an animation masterpiece looks like and the many flaws of Super became too evident to continue watching

>Parasyte

Glad that piece of shit anime is off. Seriously, that was one of the shittiest anime I have ever watched

I just want to say that these edits always make me smile when I see them in the catalog

Holy shit. AoT is only three weeks behind from Japan and yet, this looks bad. I think Demarco is thinking that this is still the opening year, where we can go off of pure hype alone, but it's not that anymore.

AoT S2 really should be at 11:30, then the rest of the block kicks in.

>Seriously, that was one of the shittiest anime I have ever watched he says while discussing a block that aired such masterpieces as SAO seasons 1 and 2, Deadman Wonderland, Akame Ga Kill, Blue Exorcist and Tokyo Ghoul

No, AoT S2 should be after Jack.
Honestly I really don't see why we need DBS reruns the very fucking day it already aired.

>Yet another "normie" anime that doesn't get above-average ratings.

First JoJo and now AoT. The ratings will continue to decline for it.

>OPfag denial.

Nigga, everyone avoided One Piece. Remember when One Punch Man reran after it? People tuned in for Naruto, tuned out for One Piece, and then tuned BACK in for One Punch Man.