New Netflix recommendation system is recommending me shows I have no interest in watching

>new Netflix recommendation system is recommending me shows I have no interest in watching
>Goldie and the Bear is a "90% match with my interests".
Why did they get rid of the star rating system?

>that bear

It feels like they're trying to hide the actual quality of the movies from me. Which they already did partially with the Netflix originals where you had to go into the show in order to see what the star rating is.

>Hey user, because of your interest in a garbage animated show, here's another garbage animated show you might like
Not sure the system is really to blame here

They got ride of the stars because people rated documentaries high (4 or above) but they didn't watch them nearly as much as shows with 3 stars. They believe that is wrong.

That's really mean user.

>Why did they get rid of the star rating system?
Amy Shumer had one of her "comedy" specials rated poorly

I was watching TTG on Cartoon Network and there were a lot of commercials for Hot Wheels and Barbie dolls. Why do they think I'm some kind of child?

>Because of your interest in: 'Home: Adventures with Tip and Oh'
You deserve it, subhuman.

Supposedly it's """"unethical"""" to advertise condoms and beer on cartoon shows. Fucking conservatives.

For the record, it autoplayed after I watched something else.

Works fine for me you just have shit taste so it recommends you shit

Once again documentaries ruin actual entertainment.

>Home
You deserve it.

She does comedy?

>Autoplay on
Ugh.

See

I don't understand what this means. They're just mad people don't watch documentaries?

They were upset that some shows were getting high star ratings, but low actual views, while other shows with lower star ratings got many more views.

As an aggregate, people don't really rate things on a scale of 1-5 They rate 1 star to dislike, and 5 stars to like. All the subtlety gets thrown out.

I've never watched or rated an anime on Netflix and the new system recommends me nothing but anime. I have about 20 movies in my queue to watch and none of them are above a 70% match.

the point of the star system was rating your enjoyment, not what you rate the movie. So movies you rate a 5 are the kind of movies you love. Movies that are a 1 are ones you hate.

The problem is that their recommendations seem to have gotten worse with this new system

Where's the problem with that? It makes sense, with more people rating a show the more the votes are gonna pan out across the spectrum than less people who rated another show. Unless the show or movie has an overwhelming positive or negative rating than that's pretty normal.

But that was fucking dumb. Why would I want to see what I thought of a movie? I already know what I thought. That's why I never actually rated anything, because your rating replaced the star rating.

I don't give a shit what THEY think that I'll think of something. I want to see what other people thought.

What a retarded system. It'd be useful if you could see the RT percentage or IMDB star rating or even Metacritic. I don't fucking care what Netflix thinks of the movie.

I don't know, man. Oscar winning classic epic Cleopatra has 1 star and Netflix original Adam Sandler joint, The Do-Over is just a hair under a perfect 5 star rating. I think it's safe to say the ratings on Netflix are shit.

>Miraculous Ladybug is recommended because of Home
Again, it was a mistake with autoplay.