Is this literally the worst movie ever made? Relatively speaking with this level of casting

Is this literally the worst movie ever made? Relatively speaking with this level of casting.

Did Michael Shannon write his spitting and vomiting into the script to show his disgust? Did Amy Adams actually quit the film which was fixed later in editing?

I’ve been meaning to watch it on hbo but can’t seem to muster enough interest.

Jake was much worse in pic related

yeah i really hated it aswell after watching it. I thought about it a few times and came up with some shit that made me like it but i forgot what that was.

that's Gyllenhall's second best performance.

You know what ruins it for me more than anything. The story of the novel. I know its an allegory mirroring the life of the writer how hes powerless blah blah blah. But there was no need at all to make the kidnapping so unbelievable.

>that's Gyllenhall's second best performance.
"no"

stop talking to me.

What was so unbelievable about it?

It was easily better than Moonlight
Aaron Taylor-Johnson taking a dump was kino

If you are a literal Michael Shannon completionist then I would genuinely recommend it. Or if you would like to see for yourself if it is literally the worst movie ever made with this level of casting.

Are you serious? The guy literally did everything in his power not to get away. Literally anything is better than what he did.

Imagine if like, someone were equally inspired by THE COUNSELOR, THE NEON DEMON, and the more intellectual end of the Japanese New Wave…but they were also fairly dumb, but were so mistakenly confident that they didn’t stop to check about basic shit like “maybe this fairly routine scene doesn’t need to be several minutes long”, never mind more esoteric stuff like “why is that”. That it ends on a note so ambiguous that even its ambiguity can be questioned is, well another element.

how was it bad?

i mean what were you expecting from fucking TOM FORD.

That someone could be so stupid. It's even conceded as suspicious in the film because the kidnappers didn't have guns.

Where do I even ? How about the beginning?

I'd actually never heard of Tom Ford before this.

its the character's stupidity that got him there, he was a fucking soyboy in texas

Jesus how fucking pleb is this board

filtered

I know, right? Name a better movie poo than ATJ’s... you can’t

Zero straining
Zero plopping
Not even a fart

Talk about pleb poops

I actually really liked it.

Was it all worth it just to see their corpses on the couch? Might as well watch Henry PoaSK again.

op is a virgin who will never know what its like to be called 'weak' by someone you love. you live in your room for 90% of the year. your judgments about realism are as warped as your sense of self worth

No but it was worth seeing his revenge at the end.

I thought it was awesome. The opening scene is so intense.

I'm not a virgin. How was him being weak even addressed in the film? When after dinner he said he wasn't weak? That was just another weak attempt by the filmmaker to give this film any sense of purpose.

I mean I haven't seen it. I'm sure it sucks but the poster alone tells me we aren't even approaching Neil Breen levels of bad

If that's what this was supposed to be then it was also the worst revenge film of all time. How was that satisfying? He was even stupid about killing the guy. And it literally wasnt even done out of revenge. It was actually self defense.

I disagree

HOW GOOD IS HE????

What? He was weak in every scene. He was a beta male cuck Poetry writing fag

>That it ends on a note so ambiguous that even its ambiguity can be questioned is, well another element.

The ending is completely concrete and not ambiguous at all. You obviously just didn't understand the movie.

this movie is very divisive here on Sup Forums. been that way ever since it came out. hmmm

i wonder why. i really do

The actual revenge in real life not in the book.

No he was just stupid by getting out of the car. After that it was 2 against 1 with also his wife and daughter as hostage by the 3rd guy. Amy stengyh wohldve likely worked against him unless he was a black belt.

I should have known to turn this off when the first few minutes is just naked fat people.

Why is every Hollywood actress worth a damn a redhead now? Its so weird. Especially the utter lack of blondes.

this film is basically "women are literally the fucking devil - the movie"

Wait what? Ok maybe I missed something.

When he stands her up at dinner. Literally the last scene in the movie.

>worth a damn
oh she's a worth a damn allright

hey

How so? I don't really remember that at all.

Are you sure you watched the right movie?

I remember Amy Adams standing up to her mom about her love for Jake. I remember Amy getting cheated on by her husband.

>How so? I don't really remember that at all.
she killed her own baby...

>How was him being weak even addressed in the film?
there were scenes where he literally shouted "IM WEAK IM WEAK" you fucking retard did you watch the movie? it's literally what the entire movie is about.

Are you sure you did? Are you going to keep asking questions instead of answering the question?

>I remember Amy Adams standing up to her mom about her love for Jake. I remember Amy getting cheated on by her husband.

lmao we have a amyadamsfag over here. poor amy can't do nothing wrong

His baby too. All while cheating on him and subsequently divorcing him. For the exact reasons she married him and fought her mother over.

that hijack scene... the feeling when you watch the hijack scene is what all "thrillers" should strive to make you feel, however few pull through.

> he literally shouted "IM WEAK IM WEAK
Yeah and that was it. It was literally forced without being actually addressed by the plot or anything else. It was fake forced bullshit by the filmmaker.

Well yeah I completely missed all this then. Someone must have just mentioned this briefly.

>Well yeah I completely missed all this then. Someone must have just mentioned this briefly.

jesus fucking christ you're fucking retarded

you should just stop watching movies.

Well for a lot of people the point of the movie just went right over their heads (which is what happened to multiple posters ITT).

Then some people liked it.

And then some other people think that it was kind of pretentious and obvious. Maybe it is a little obvious. It goes through a lot of effort to drive home the whole point that the book is an allegory, which could definitely turn people off. It's not fair to call it pretentious though when it does have a clear point.

Basically, any movie with an intellectual element is going to be divisive. Too many people misunderstand it and too few people have the vocabulary to even discuss it.

This was a great film.

You guys didn't even realize that the reason he doesn't show up is because he has committed suicide.

Maybe because there's no evidence for that in the film.

Did you even watch the film within the film?

>Yeah and that was it.
it was literally what forced him to write his story. it was what his story was about. are you dense? you're wrong user. just admit the entire movie went over your head you stupid fuck

Big whoop I missed that tiny little part of the film. That was literally like 1% of the film and adds little to nothing. It certainly doesn't imply that all women are the devil.

>major plotpoint of the film
>little part of the film

jesus fucking christ you're a special case.

It was an important scene and had a lot of emotional impact on several major characters.

>it certainly doesn't imply that all women are the devil.

It was never meant to

No that meant the person he used to was died and was reborn.

>I know its an allegory mirroring the life of the writer how hes powerless blah blah blah. But there was no need at all to make the kidnapping so unbelievable.

Those are contradictory statements.

>reborn
But there's no evidence for that in the film.

>it's okay to cheat and kill an unborn child

hi roastie.

Wow. You sound like a first year film student loudly pontificating in class about shit of which they have no knowledge. Embarrassing.

I never said what she did wasn't wrong. To make that blanket statement is ridiculous though.

There's literally nothing wrong with killing babies.

he's over her, and just stood her up

I was more referring to the cheating. I don't have a stance on abortion personally.

Well I will concede this is slightly redeeming to the concept which isnt saying much but not for the delivery. I still defy anyone to name a worse film with this high level of casting.

He writes a cathartic novel, dedicates and sends it to his ex-wife, makes her full in love with him all over again and then stands her up and lets her know there's no fucking chance he'll ever let her back into his life.
Savage.

This is Jake's best performance

That isn’t what happened. He didn’t kill himself. If he did he would have been dead before she set up the date with him. Why would he wait to kill himself on the off chance she would rspond?

>makes her fall in love with him all over again and then stands her up and lets her know there's no fucking chance he'll ever let her back into his life.
Sounds like a good movie someone should make. Because this sure as hell wasn't it.

Oceans's 12

Monuments men

Challenge accepted

but that's exactly what happened on screen.

This will be the next movie I watch.

When did she fall in love with him all over again? Because she went to dinner?

Pearl Harbor

Goddamn that was a boring ass, pretentious piece of shit. The concept actually has a lot of potential, maybe as a 6-8 part tv series, if it didn't take itself so seriously and saw the contradictions in the mission of the main characters.

Him finishing his book and getting confidence and standing her up at dinner.

Now this is one of the most underrated movies of all time. Treated more unfairly than any film aside from Jack and Jill

i didnt think much of the movie either but you should also concede that you're retarded for having missed it. go on, reply to this post admitting you have an 80 IQ and that from now on you'll refrain making threads about movies you've seen without seeing them multiple times and corroborating your findings with external texts to make sure you didn't miss basic plot elements that a baboon can pick up on

Sphere

When she emailed him she wrote 'Love, Susan'. The manuscript was obviously tearing her up and making her regret her decision.

Hollywoodland

Death to smoochy

She's in a loveless marriage and recalls all the moments that made her first fall in love with him, you can see her warming and regretting as she recalls. There's a reason there's three narratives. Finally seeks him out again in a hope she can rekindle what she once lost. It's like he says though, "When you love someone you have to be careful with it, you might never get it again."

Movie 43

Not really. It's totally unrealistic. For one, the highjackers were all so very handsome

don't lie you faggot you were on the edge of your seat for the entire scene

>For one, the highjackers were all so very handsome

What kind of person even notices that in a scene like that?

>What kind of person even notices that in a scene like that?
a woman