DCEU Thread

Why are people so narrow-minded? Is it so wrong that Snyder has a unique and innovative take on tridents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xy2dCgqRfjw
comicvine.gamespot.com/earth-2-society-a-whole-new-world-1-volume-3/4000-590768/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Unique
>Innovative

kek

>Is it so wrong that Snyder has a unique and innovative take on tridents?

bait

Aquman's trident has had 5 points in comics for a while now.

>the media isn't biased against DC

>Tridents
>Three Dents
think about it

Then it's NOT a 'TRI'dent.

>can't even get a trident right
>surprised that he fucked up the DCCU

Ayyy

Why does this person think that having 2 extra points was a attempt to be X-treme?

That is legitimately the best tweet I've ever seen in my life, and I once had Heff Haques tell me to kill myself.

this is literally the most comic-accurate thing Snyder's even done.

I'm cumfoozed, I thought the Drathraki do not trust the water their horses can not drink?

>Five points on a trident isn't xxx-treme, New 52 did it!

Here's an image of Pluto holding a bident (a two-pronged spear). If you look close, you can see that it has a small third prong in the middle. This is literally the wikipedia image for 'bident' and the bident is mythologically associated with Hades(Pluto).

Thus, if we then infer that a Xdent is defined by the number of major prongs, and minor prongs are not counted, both the comic Trident of Neptune and the movie trident are still tridents, as the two prongs on the sides are shorter.

There are three main teeth. The outer two are welded on to them. You can see it in that picture it looks like there is something that slides on to the three main teeth.

>Oh fuck I was proven wrong
>Better try and deflect this to the comics being stupid

youtu.be/xy2dCgqRfjw

I wish this kind of trident were adopted in all media

It's so silly but I love it

disregard shitty blackquaman

No shit, sherlock. It's called sarcasm... I hope.

nah afterward he tried to damage control and cited that he owned some of Geoff's comics

It's a pentadent, then.

>implying alex ross did it wrong

It's a pitchfork.

Is a triangle with five sides a pentagon? No, you fucking retard. A pentagon is a pentagon. A triangle is a triangle. Words only have meaning when we give it to them.

>wait, Ben Affleck is Batman? Has he always been him?

The chad loves really loves Aquadude

it's not a trident then, it's a pentadent

anyone who has a problem with that is a faggot, the issue here is that it's basically two kinds of tridents (the shitty kind comprising the inner three prongs, and the awesome kind comprising the outer two plus the middle one) overlaid on each other. THAT is stupid. if you wanted to make a five-bladed weapon, you should spread them out more, and have no more than one prong pointing straight.

Marvel is for cutie girls and DC is for lame virgin dudes

that's what we call 'once bitten, twice shy'

Well, he is right technically that is not a trident, you know three dents.

To be fair, if Snyder didn't fuck up Superman girls would cream themselves for him.

that's more of a spear with a triangular spearhead with shitty notches in it, but if you rotated the outer arms it would be pretty cool. kinda like Mouri Shin from samurai troopers. now THAT was a trident.

now that actually looks kind of cool because those ones on the side would act like jitte.
technically there has to be a bend to be a pitchfork
>Is a triangle with five sides a pentagon?
yes.... sort of. inasmuch as the basic premise of the question is flawed, like any "is A actually not A?" question.

why are his feet melting?
i know i know, but why would only his feet have motion lines?

But then it wouldn't make the Aquaman logo.

Artistic choice

That artist is Jorge Jimenez and he's fucking based

tbf, Johns, Waid and Morrison fucked it up first

>Is a triangle with five sides a pentagon?
What did he mean by this?

>This is literally the wikipedia image for 'bident' and the bident is mythologically associated with Hades(Pluto).

Well, someone needs to switch out the image, because that's retarded, and it gives people like you the fodder to make arguments about major and minor prongs on multi-pointed spears, which is a far more autistic topic of conversation than we need right now.

Also, the anatomy on Hades is pure shit in that picture.

>it's a pentadent
It's a quindent you idiot.

And I guess the russo´s black panther is even more blacker than a regular panther, and even more correct. T'Challa Tyrone is his full name.

>Excited for Tony Stark
>The girls all mention how Spider-Man is cute or perfectly casted
>Aquaman is lame
>Affleck is batman?
>Harley Queen
>Only good dc movies are Batman ones
>Christian Bale should be Batman
>Only people more excited for Justice League are comic book readers

This video has somehow perfectly represented the modern comic book movie viewing audience

Source? I didn't know he worked on anything amazon related

How about you read a comic once in a while, m'shill

>disney interns BTFO

Earth 2: Society: A Whole New World

comicvine.gamespot.com/earth-2-society-a-whole-new-world-1-volume-3/4000-590768/

I feel like the only trident these cucks have ever seen or known of is the one from Little Mermaid. How fitting.

>trident exactly like in the comics
>fucking Alex Ross draw it like this
>certified disney shills come out of the woodwork to shit on it once the trailer has BTFO spiderman's in views and reception
>after being destroyed the shill posted a picture with an Action Comics #1 to prove he's totes a DC fan
Really turns the CNS (central nervous system) to thinking overdrive

Thanks user

>Also, the anatomy on Hades is pure shit in that picture.

I have to ask why the fuck you thought this comment was even remotely relevant to or welcome in this conversation. Do you really think anyone wants to hear an artist from /ic/ try and critique a16th century art? Were you looking for asspats for saying something you think big boy artists are supposed to say?

This is bar none the dumbest comment I've seen this week, and I can guarantee you are underage.

Typing smug comments about a character's portrayal in relation to the source material without ever seeing the source material --sums up Snyder hate-boners in 1 tweet

I thought disney bloggers would go after the easy targets (WW, Cyborg) but I guess they know who is going to be the next cultural icon

They went after Harley instead of that Enchantress CGI mess too

That's because swamp witch Enchantress had a pretty striking design and her second design wasn't really focused on.

>New 52 did it!
no

True.

Goddamn I want Swamp Witch Enchantress to get in the comics

You say that like it's a bad thing

No you see Alex Ross was WRONG and the people perfectly fine with a black actress playing a character named Valkyrie but autistically screeching about this bullshit are RIGHT

>Marvel fanboys literally have nothing interesting to talk about their franchise so they are attacking DC like rabid dogs.

>"sums up DCEU in one prop GUIZE!"
>actually sums up smear campaign shills in one tweet
Purest pottery

>A random fuck on Twitter
>"The Media"
This is the future we've chosen

Was is it about Momoa that upsets numales so much?

>I'm a writer. Lately: @rollingstone @nytimes @vulture @decider @pitchfork @observer @thrillist @esquire
There you go bud

Pentadent sounds stupid AF,
how about pentaspear?
you know, because muh aesthetics

>Aquaman is lame

It's getting idiotic everyday and it's prove that those audience never read a fucking comic book in their lives or are 30 years behind(everything post-CoIE).

Damn this cuck got Blown The Fuck Out in the comments

Can we just call it a fork?

How?

This looks like shit too desu.
Tridents look cool as is, there's really no need to "improve" them like that.

>unique
>innovative
>Snyder
pick one

DC logo near him triggers numales to death. Which is funny because Marvel is about as Trumpian as you can get.

>It doesn't look like shit because Alex Ross draws it like that
1st time in my life I've sseen so many Rossfags in a thread.

>he posted a pic of himself with an AC #1 after getting his as handed to him

Byrne's is the only true origin

Why are we bitching about this? Can't we just all be glad it wasn't worse? I mean besides the fact that he's had this kind of trident before. FUCK we should all be jumping for joy he doesn't have that magic water hand.

the magic water hand would make it K I N O

fuck all of you, i will watch and enjoy DC movies, take that Sup Forums you Disney shillin fucks

But New52 is stupid.
It's a legit garbage and even DC themselves had to jump aboard Rebirth (name alone says a lot) in order to escape it.
Only mentally-challenged like Snyder and Goyer would take inspiration from it.

Normies are stupid. There's reason why they eat up all the shitty marvel movies that are not Captain America related.

that doesnt change the fact that youre a fucking retard

>I KNOW HIM FROM WORK!

>LOLOL :DDD SO FUNNY

Nice fork, fag.

>it's a marlel hires people who don't read comics to shill for them or smear the competition episode
Again?

>I need friends.

#rekt

He'll probably end up getting one at the end of the movie.

>i don't see how that's a party

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!

>Trident
>Tri-dent
>Tri
>Tri = 3
Zack Snyder shows everyone what a idiot he is once again.

>I didn't go to school

Read the rest of the thread.

Can anyone post evidence that it's actually called a "trident" in the movie? If there isn't any, then how is this even a problem?

The problem is that Suicide Squad outsold Civil War in video sales so expect 50 threads like this in the next weeks

It looked like shit in Nu52, and it looks like shit now. Aquaman isn't running around with a pentadent in Rebirth, because it was fucking stupid.

>IM RICH
>SHES WITH YOU?
>MARTHA
>YOU TALK TO FISH
Quipping Batman was a mistake.

>if you criticize Snyder you're a Marvel shill

It is pathetic how console wars poisoned this damn board.

It could be worse, but it can also be a hell of a lot better, too.