Samurai jack film theory

so how long until this fucker makes a film theory on samurai jack?
what do you think he'd cover from the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eP45nc2_st8
youtube.com/watch?v=kcuGYFlLK9o
youtube.com/watch?v=BBhZPWmXUtE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is it everyone hates him, again? Besides the fact that the internet hates everyone making money on YouTube, I mean. It's so hard to keep up with why all the people who are successful are hated, is all.

He became such an obvious sellout, it's ridiculous. He's not even trying to hide it.

Again, just asking questions, but how so? What makes him an obvious sellout? Does it affect the quality of content he puts out? Cause if it's like, brand-deals and such then bad news friend, literally everyone is doing that because YouTube sucks and you have to be a Sellout. And if it's cause he has a YouTube Red show, again, you just kind of have to be a sellout. If it's something else though, by all means, enlighten me.

I'm actually very curious because I hear all the hate for this guy, and I've never seen an argument as to WHY people hate him.

he was shilling for a shitty smartphone freemium game

He's not funny and has an annoying voice/personality.

Also he sold out like said

>MatPat
Because most of his "theories" are inaccurate as hell and does little research regrading the material he's covering. The fact that he covered Undertale to death and associating it with an unrelated topic tell you how much he's appealing to the lowest common denominator with his shitty clickbait videos.

If he can make money on it, good for him. It's not like he's trying to hide it.

*ahem* "Ness is Sans" is all you gotta know.
He basically stopped trying to make educational small-scale videos to going more for clickbait-y multiple part theory videos that always have to blow your mind and change everything you know about a franchise. Back then, it used to be smaller things like "Could you survive a Leap of Faith?" or "What island is Monkey Island?" and other small stuff that is interesting and is usually just a backdrop to teach stuff. Now, it's less about science or math and more about story-based shit that usually stretches things out of proportion and uses misinformation in order to make things more attractive to normies. Which is how you get the fucking embarrassing Undertale theory which was where I unsubscribed and he became a laughing stock.

>Undertale to death
No you're thinking of FNAF. Now, he's just looking for another popular franchise to milk like he did with that. Though, I could see him making a lot more Undertale in the future.

>Doesn't know what "selling out" actually means
So is that just a buzzword now?

Yup. Catch up, buddy.

From my understanding the guy's been found to lie a lot in his theories/uses inaccurate science to support his theories. For example: "The Pyro in TF2 is gay because there's an unproven theory that finger length can determine sexuality!"

Also, apparently, he basically went "fuck you" to the creator of FNaF, telling him he doesn't know his own story or some shit after the creator himself told him his video was wrong and that he missed some things..

Plus, obviously, the infamous "Sans is Ness" theory that made his whole series and channel a huge meme to be mocked forever.

It didn't help that in his second Undertale theory he sounds like he's literally about to cry as he tells everyone the "Sans is Ness" theory was MEANT to just make you think, despite how he makes to mention of how obviously wrong his theory was in the original video.

Not to mention he gave the Pope a Steam code (I think?) of Undertale, furthering his meme status, which he later tried defending, alongside the "Sans is Ness" theory, by pointing out that someone gave the Pope a surf board, as though that's somehow a cringier thing to have given to the Pope.

I don't hate the man-child, in fact I sometimes, when I feel like it, watch his videos just to see what retarded thing he and his other cringy friends are going to say next because it's funny. Otherwise, however, his videos just come off as so fucking pretentious, and there's nothing worse than someone who's both pretentious AND wrong.

>Also, apparently, he basically went "fuck you" to the creator of FNaF, telling him he doesn't know his own story or some shit after the creator himself told him his video was wrong and that he missed some things..
Fucking this, since he couldn't figure out the story he got all autistic about it.

Is Jack actually Ness from earthbound?

And to think that his "CIA using video arcade cabinets to create more Ted Kaczynskis" was actually really, really good.

A lot of his videogame theories and videos are proven wrong, either by the community surrounding what he talks about or himself.

>FnAF
>character heights
>Phoenix Wright
>Dark Souls 3
>TF2 vs Overwatch
As some examples.

While I still believe the fnaf creator just took fan theories and made up a story off of that to keep shilling games, holy shit I had no idea about that autism moment with the creator

>TF2 v Overwatch
still mad

TL;DR of the "theory" please.

It's not a theory It's basically a """debate""" video with cringy as fuck 8 bit animations of visualizing them doing damage to win the debate and trying to be smart and witty with their points
It's one big play

youtube.com/watch?v=eP45nc2_st8

Watch at your own risk

Matpat had a """debate""" taking Overwatch's side versus some literally who taking TF2's side

Matpat doesn't do any research about the TF2 community and all of his points are shit; he actually uses the "white male" argument against TF2

youtube.com/watch?v=kcuGYFlLK9o

>Oy vey

Goddamn it, I am more piss at the Sup Forums meme than matpat point.

He'll make a theory about how PPG and Samurai Jack take place in the same world or how Chemical X is made from Aku.

Shit that people have been theorizing for over a decade now, but he'll act like it's fresh shit.

how do you feel about ((this))

>dark souls 3
This got me heated because it actually felt like the man was grasping straws in a empty can
>lel your a blackhand becuz all the other lords are connected to some 1!!!!
Its not like its been said by him that hes faced many others trying to do the same thing but failed, the only thing important was that you could become lord of hollows and i think thats less of you being a "chosen one" and more like
"This nigga got pretty far lets see where he goes"

He has a beautiful wife and I'm a loner.

This. Didn't he do this before?

youtube.com/watch?v=BBhZPWmXUtE

Frankly, Unlike game theory. Filmtheory is one that got less hate.

>Not to mention he gave the Pope a Steam code (I think?) of Undertale, furthering his meme status, which he later tried defending, alongside the "Sans is Ness" theory, by pointing out that someone gave the Pope a surf board, as though that's somehow a cringier thing to have given to the Pope.

While i agree that was beyond cringe. I kind of agree that the other gifts were equally awful. Youtube people going to see the Pope overall was a stupid mistake.

Weird. I was just today wondering if he might make one eventually.

Also thinks Final Fantasy X is the best one.

I used to like him until he road the fnaf/undertale fandom cock to earn him some autismbucks

He's pretty shit. He basically knows how to read wiki articles + basic stats.
His misstep into hisotry with For Honour let people see what a weeb ass punk he is.

A shekel for the good goy

His film theories are even worse. In the Star Trek ones He somewhat equates the Federation as a fascist state because they are communist or something.

The Wall E theory about how the humans on the ship eat other humans is even more absurd because either whole basis of the theory is that, when Wall E is the thrash compartment of the ship there is no organic thrash!

No shit, of course they separate organic and inorganic trash. It's like going into a junkyard and wonder if humans eat metal because there's no plants in there.

His theories are beyond just wrong and stupid. They are like if he intentionally made them stupid and wrong with research done just to achieve that. And those are often theories what will puss fandom rage buttons or at least generate alot of attention.
Just look at his Federiation if Fascist video.

Also his style of videos and "humor" is pretty tiring and annoying too.

>The phoenix wright theory
>he spends half the video talking about how Wright violated the rule of discovery and disproves his own claim
Most of his theory videos have a shitload of filler

Ey so... what would be most autistic video Matpat did?

No he will do theory about how Jack is ruining Aku world and should kill himself to make things better or something.
He don't do common fan theories.

Many of his theories are disproved by stuff he shows and says in video for said theory.

>Film Theory: Is Samurai Jack in the same universe as Rick & Morty?

What a fucking Ming. Gonna watch the wall-e one now because it sounds funny.

He does it on purpose. He made a video describing that 15 minutes is the ideal time for a video on YouTube because that's the maximum a lot of viewers will stick around. And since now YouTube tracks views with minutes watched or something like that to combat clickbait videos, your video does better if it's longer than 10 minutes but not too long that it drops viewers halfway through it. That'd how Let's Plays got big. People that watched usually kept watching the 20-30 minutes unlike OC.

Don't forget he spent a good 5 minutes in one crying about the criticism he got for the first Undertale video.

I only remember MatPat made mention of the surfboard, which is a dumb example of a "worst"/"equally bad" gift considering the Pope probably at least recognized what a surfboard is. I'm entirely doubtful the guy understands a Steam code for Undertale, no matter how internet savvy the Pope may be.

Having YouTube people over was certainly fucking a terrible idea though. You should see the actual roundtable discussion they had; All they talk about is "cyber-bullying", and no one says anything unique, just a bunch of generic answers.

Hopefully never.

>Why is it everyone hates him, again?
I can't speak for others, but:

1 - lazy as shit. Uses tons of still images with the most basic and uninspired editing possible. Typically cribs all his ideas from other people which leads to:

2 - dumb as shit. He basically just sifts through all the theories on comments sections and Sup Forums, usually totally misunderstands most of them, and then puts up a video full of huge logical leaps, misunderstandings of popular theories, and blatant omission of anything that might challenge his "theory." I remember in at least one video I watched he connected two pieces of media to make his theory work when the creator had explicitly said that those two things did not happen in the same universe

3 - Smug. His intonation and diction are both smug and self-congratulatory despite him being wrong and stupid 99.9% of the time. It's similar to why the Extra Credits guys are so obnoxious: it's amateurs and idiots talking like they're geniuses and experts.

I mentioned that already actually, but yeah, it was a whole 5 minutes of his first "Who is Gaster?" video.

Honestly I think those 5 minutes were mocked harder than his "Sans is Ness" video, but hilariously MatPat in his part 2 of that theory acted like all the "haters" suddenly grew a continence, and he showed of comments of supposed "haters" apologizing to him as he ignored the obvious mockery he was getting from every other corner of social media.

Dude

What if

Samurai jack was Freddy fazbear

Here's a bunch of strenuous reasons and an obnoxious thumbnail to explain why

Thanks for the shekels, just a theory a film theory

>It didn't help that in his second Undertale theory he sounds like he's literally about to cry as he tells everyone the "Sans is Ness" theory was MEANT to just make you think, despite how he makes to mention of how obviously wrong his theory was in the original video.

Would it really have been necessary to mention that he doesn't actually believe a lot of the theories he makes?
I always felt it was pretty obvious. You can't possibly believe that he genuinely thinks Nintendo would purposefully give Mario anti-social personality disorder.

I mean, the inaccuracies are one thing, but his channel is clearly just based around over analyzing shit for fun.

This is correct

For me it was the episode around that "Videogames can't be good live action adaptations" by disregarding completely the Japanese Ace Attorney movie and boasting he did a huge research around them and disregarded all the comments saying that he forgot about that movie. And when he did an Ace Attorney episode he again disregarded even showing the movie, even when he showed the anime or all the other media.

Plus in many theories you can see he disregards many things that can disprove those theories in order to prove his theory is the ultimate one.

Finally, his act of "what I said is true" and getting mad when that isn't true is something really idiotic. He has a passive aggressive personality and he isn't able to step up as a person and speak properly. He tries to please everyone and he forget that the theories he makes are mostly watch by people that don't care that much and people that have devoted hours and can cross-reference and disprove what he says, and he always doesn't give a fuck about what the 2nd part are talking and are saying.

>every title uses the words "PROOF, TRUTH, ANSWERS REVEALED" in the most click bait fashion.
>spends the majority of the time talking about nothing
>hardly admits to being wrong
>is only famous for riding the FNAF popularity wave.

Has he ever adressed how inacurate the For Honor video was?

If MatPat wanted to remove the stigma that his theories are things that he legitimately believes to be true, then he should probably state that now so he does continue to go deeper into meme status.

I mean if he's going to mix his bullshit theories with his actual theories, with no indication whatsoever as to which ones are jokes and which aren't, then fuck it, he should've known people would think he's stupid enough to believe something as ridiculous as "Sans is Ness", or "Mario is a communist".

Even so, I imagine he wants to still maintain the illusion that he's a "science guy", so I'm doubtful he'll ever want to admit that a lot of his theories are nonsense.

Not a huge fan of film theories but there was one that's been on my mind lately with the latest episodes being aired.
I feel like multiverse theory may be the case for Samurai Jack mostly considering every opportunity he gets to either go back in time or kill Aku once and for all he gives up to rescue someone from peril. It might just be his righteous characterization but it might be so that all the suffering that's happening in the future he's in may still continue even if he returns to the past that he wants to save this future before saving his past
BUT HEY THAT'S JUST A THEORY

I remember that he once stated that Mario in Mario Bros is faster then Sonic in Sonic 1 based of some miscalculations and scaling.
OW is better then TF2 because TF2 is all white men.
And the biggest thing that pisses me off is his "all video game universes are interconnected" thing. I don't know why it makes me so mad but fuck, you can't say that 2 game universes are the same just because the both have the Konami code in the game or because the characters appeared together in a crossover game. I drives me up the wall

Well he didn't say Overwatch is better than TF2 BECAUSE of white men, but the fact that was even a point he thought was worth making was rather telling.

it really pissed me off that he disregarded the Mario & Luigi RPG's to make his point that mario doesn't love his brother and is crazy

His scaling and calculations are so terrible even The Lounge or SpaceBattles has higher standards.

how can someone become so popular by speaking gibberish into a microphone and shilling for Diet Coke? someone explain

Children love FNAF, Undertale, etc.

>His film theories are even worse.
>Provide me on two examples
>One of them didn't give it a shit about and the other is a nitpick.

I know you hate matpat. But atleast give me good reasons.

Practically all of his Mario theories are crap.
>Mario is Mental
>Luigi is also Mental
>Toads are parasites
>Peach and Luigi are Rosalina's parents

See

Federation one is literally every sentence wrong in some way.
He use argument what could be used to prove that Federation is communist as proof that its fascist like if he confused both systems.
He mix both Federation and Starfleet, acting like SF is entire federation not just its military/police arm and ignoring civilian characters and vessels.
He use actions of Starfleet officers, even if they are shown going agaist law and regulation if not full rouge , as them following and enforcing official Federation law (for example Spock trowing Kirk in escape pod on some planet after he got him to angry, is shown as Federation officially banishing Kirk there).
Some examples are "Hitler was vegetarian" like bungle of sticks metafor was obviously fascist thing only.
Villain who is former Starfleet officer motivation against Federation is also used as proof for it being awful even if is was just crazy from being strangled on alien world and mutated by alien tech while federation few him as lost hero.
Even exploration was presented as only seeing reasorces and to expand and how it is only fascist thing to do.

WallE thing is about how there is no meet source presented on ship so obviously bodies of people on board are recycled, even if they still have plant based food without any place on ship where were grown shown in screen. And this ignore fact that stable population of starship could not survive on cannibalism alone, especially not if they were more and more fat.

Personally I'm more dreading a Persona Game Theory.

Pretty sure Gaijin Goomba's done a few

Fuck. Still it's only a matter of time before MatPat does one. If Ace Attorney was on the cards than anything is possible.

This

>Ace Attorney
What did he do?

You know how many jews love to say that though? Myself included, it's just a fun thing. I personally started saying it more since I see it everywhere. It lets me be me

>Did Jack ever really go to the future... or was it just in his head?
>Was Aku... really the good guy?
>Was Jack gay?
>Is Scaramouche really XJ9?
>Does Samurai Jack go to the furure... or the past?
>Is Aku transexual?
And other shit you'd see on TV tropes.

Finally, You go in detail on your arguments. But, You didn't explain it to me why it is worse than game theory. Of course, A theory could be wrong. That is why it is a theory and not a fact. In flim theory, There isn't much backlash on flim theory than game theory.

It was pretty obvious that he had never played an Ace Attorney game in his life.

Personally, I just find his voice and his pronunciation to be incredibly pretentious and irritating.

Clickbait
Smug voice/face
Thinks he's clever. Makes a bunch of mistakes and inaccuracies
Pulls his theories out of his ass

He'd probably make a thumbnail of a shocked Jack or a picture of Jack with his brain exposed to imply we're gonna analyze his brain or some shit.
Probably make a theory how Jack is really the Professor from Power Puff Girls and talk like he's unearthed a conspiracy because he always tries to sell his shit theories in the videos

>where I unsubscribed and he became a laughing stock.
You were able to tolerate his obnoxious ass for that long, wow

He's alright tbqh, he makes some pretty interesting and thought provoking theories even if they are partially from wikipedia or whatever. I honestly think op's pick is a big reason, he just looks so smug and that tips people off.

I'm not same annon I just giving reasons why Film Theory is crap.
I don't consider Game and Film theory seperate and none is better than another.

It's bigger backslash for GT because there are more fans of games who can be easy pissed who also watch vids like that.

>You can't possibly believe that he genuinely thinks Nintendo would purposefully give Mario anti-social personality disorder.
>I mean, the inaccuracies are one thing, but his channel is clearly just based around over analyzing shit for fun
True. But if he truly believed that himself, he should stop insisting on that Mario is a sociopath on every other gaming related channels that features him.