What did Rian Johnson mean by this?

What did Rian Johnson mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess they want to sell some mirrors.

the dark side = crawling up your own ass and seeing nothing but yourself

Is that what they were going for? My impression of the scene is that the vision just reinforces what Kylo tells her, that her parents were nobodies and she doesn't have an important family. She's all alone.

Reyincarnation

The force is both infinite and finite

entrance to the cave is a giant butthole

he was just copying the luke in the forest scene, where look kills vader and sees his own image

I thought it symbolized how she is just another force user in a long line of force users and won't be the last.

Rey is a clone with skywalker DNA that snoke engineered especially for that purpose, that's why she only saw herself in the mirror. She has no parents.
>Rey will become the ultimate bad and Kylo has to stop her

this

Imagine if she had lesbian sex in this scene

>Snoke is a force parasite, switching hosts as they die
>It was his plan all along to die and take control of Rey

>Kathy told me to make an ESB forest scene parallel but I don't know how because I'm a fucking hack

That's such bullshit that I totally believe Abrams would do it.

Are clones 100% humans/same as any other humans despite being a clone?

Dude clones lmao

Woah....

This should have happened in the fucking movie, its just tv series structure at this point.

WHOA

It was supposed to be a scene where she fights an angry force monster that turned into Anakin, but Rian is a hack piece of shit so the horrible, enticing, devouring hole of dark, corrupted force is a gay-ass reflection that provided no conflict, internal or external, for our bland heroine that can do no wrong.

Holy fuck I hate you if true

It was same as the Dagobah cave. Luke found vader who was him inside. However Rey literally has nothing special about her family or linage so it literally just showed her!

>he was just copying the luke in the forest scene, where look kills vader and sees his own image
fucking A retard that was in ESB not ROTJ and it was the cave on Dagobah not a forest

But its a good twist?

Nothing, it was literally pretentious shit to give us the illusion Rey had a motive to seek Kylo Ren.

>Voiceover
that was gay as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
really makes you think

She's a clone. There are thousands of Reys out there.

Trust nobody, not even yourself

This literally goes nowhere.

I don't think Luke even notices she went down there

Literally an Evangelion reference

No, retard. nobody outside of scummy internet forums actually elevates that shitty overrated crap above the typical anime schlock.

DUHHH, THERE'S A CROSS! EVANGELION REFERENCE! HURRR

Luke was angry about her even thinking about the dark side place, thinking that acknowledging it was being just like Kylo.

She went to it, faced it, didn't get the answers she wanted from it, but wasn't twisted or seduced by it either. She looked at the darkness and dismissed it. Luke's mistake was not believing in her ability to do that.

It's like she's force Jesus or something.

Snoke isnt a parasite but he is a master of mind control and telepathically steals peoples bodies via mindrape to use as a puppet. The real snoke is hiding away somewhere.

Stay mad, Hollywood has been copying Anime for ages.

>Luke's mistake was not believing in her ability to do that.
What a shitlord.

Not like he didn't enter a darkside cave on some swamp planets years ago during his own training.