Can someone please detail me what exactly is going on here. And do it as nerdily as possible, I really need details

Can someone please detail me what exactly is going on here. And do it as nerdily as possible, I really need details.

I hate the way Gleason draws Lois's face.

maybe start by reading the next issue of the crossover user

They needed to undo New 52 without straight up unrebooting. This is how Superman is doing it.

Long story short, Superman was split into two beings, Superbro the new one and Superdad the older one. They merged and now their histories are merged. Same with Lois.

This is one of the few times that you're better off not worrying about it, it's still a great read but these issues were more for people following before and after Flashpoint.

it's like one of those old superman covers where he's putting poop in lois lane's sandwich, this didn't actually happen, or it was a ruse to catch batman with his pants down

old-Supa man merged with new-52 supa man

old-supaman has a a kid named jon and bang lois even though he's an alien. they defeat mr. mixie what's his face who is a fairy from a different dimention and has different dimention powers. But that fairy got mad because some blue guy from mars put him away or whatever and supaman forgot about him, so he takes revenge by making supaman kidnap and forget his kid in a alternate dimension where he finds the new52supaman soul or essence and new 52 supaman soul, old supaman is forgeting his kid but the kid jon reminds him of him and the new52supaman and oldsupaman merge together and the timeline changes so everyone remembers supaman and thats pretty much it.

As I understand it essentially Dr. Manhattan stole five years for reasons unknown, which in conjunction with Flashpoint created the New 52. Part of this is that somehow Superman and his family was split into two parts, the New 52 version of Lois and Clark and Post-Crisis Supes+wife+son, which appeared in Convergence and came to Earth-Prime. Two halves of a whole like Superman Red and Blue. Encountering Mxyzptlk plus other shit made them aware of that and eventually combined the two, which then combined both New 52 and Post-Crisis backgrounds into one amalgam, with Superdad's past taking precedence but not remembering things were different.

Essentially one confusing retcon to merge Post-Crisis and New 52. I still don't get when the nature of the split.

Is he gonna get a power boost?

That's actually a good question, New 52 Superman had all that solar flare and other shit going on but it just seems like they're using the normal Superman power level.

Probably younger body/age of New52 but the power set of pre-Flashpoint.

Supergirl should still have it, though.

Essentially, the "essence" of New 52 Clark and Lois swapped places withe the post-Convergence versions, then later merged with them, altering the timeline YET AGAIN in the process.

No it's purely a history combination superdad isn't taking any of superbros traits. Although they've hinted at Jon getting a massive super boost that would rival his dads power.

but we watched new52 die, right?

I DID. still some basic things that I cant grasp really.
I think???

So basically. Superbro and superad were always the same person. And after not being the same person they are now, the same person. Okay then

His essence turned into energy and his body became dust. It split up and the final piece was hiding in Mxy's game world along with Lois's energy when she died.

wait, but if Superdad and Superbro were the same the entire time, how did Superdad have adventures and be aware of Superbro the entire time

Think of it like having a clone of yourself that's younger and doing his own thing while you do your own thing... oh shit... this is literally DC Clone Wars... but better.

>one plays the hero and the other takes care of his family
>the original stands by and watches the new one do his thing
>new one dies and the original is there to mourn his loss and retake the mantel

I guess that makes SBP the first Kaine.

He was time-displaced and hid in-universe, raising Jon with his version of Lois.

so Superdad hid while all the shit in the New 52 was happening and didn't want to help out?

He was doing support and clean-up type stuff without being seen.