How would Walt feel about modern Disney?

How would Walt feel about modern Disney?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAcIzPmOhBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8xGlrx2l8hs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Modern Disney makes a lot of money and that's all he cares about.

Artistically betrayed, financially proud.

Didn't he really like animation? How would he feel to see that 2D is dead?

Disney controls some of the most popular franchises out there, Disneyland is a cultural phenomenon known even by mud farming peseants in shitfuckistan, and their lawyers still meddle with copyrights. All according to his vision.

Walt only gave a shit about the theme parks by the end.

His autistic ass was more focused on making his surreal dreamworld a reality, his films were only one possible path to this goal, so he'd probably jizz his scratchy wool pants over seeing even more parks with advanced technology like holograms and plans for bonafide robots.

something something too many jews

>mfw reading about his plans for EPCOT before cancer got him
Walt really did want people to live in some weird dreamworld.

"At least it's not anime. Two bombs weren't enough."

-Walt Disney

Walt was always quick to embrace new technology, so I'm sure he'd be satisfied with CG, but nonetheless disappointed that the studio is no longer producing hand-drawn films.

Overall, his biggest disappointments wouldn't be with the feature animation studio, but with the live-action television programming. Things like We Will Rise and Blackish wouldn't fit in with his conservative world view. I mean, the guy was pretty liberal for his time. He hired Jews and blacks, and he wanted to train some women so they could eventually become animators. But he would be considered alt-right by today's media because of his traditional American values. Like, he'd probably be fine with most of the content in Star Vs., but the gay background characters would definitely trigger him.

Great men like him are kept down by the weak in today's America. ;_;

He'd be impressed and depressed by CGI at the same time, I think he'd really like the renaissance in the 90's

He'd be the most pissed at them turning his city into a theme park though, and a the world in general that it doesn't look like how he'd always dreamt it would

Art school student who was penniless until he started drawing talking animals.

Yeah... we don't have any of those anymore...

Like 1 in every 3 futurists from the 50s-60s thought we were all gonna live in self-contained pod cities that sent shuttles up to the moon 3 times a day. Wild times.

I once read this alternate history fanfiction shit about a world where Walt becomes president. EPCOTS are implemented as planned communities like all those projects American cities tried during the post-war urban renewal periods. They go over about as well, too.

We can still hope, user.

>Artistically betrayed
How? Unless you're referring to the loss of traditional animation Walt's period basically did the same content as modern Disney animation which is like taking fairy tale shit and translating them into these family friendly flicks.

Movie or tv series about living in EPCOT would be awesome

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

He will hate it, Walt hated UPA and it's ilk and will hate what happen to CalArts.

You do know that Walt loved Tezuka's work and wanted to make a TV show like Astro Boy (This was before Tezuka made the (furry) ludes as that came after Walt's death) which is why Disney's early TV shows were made in Japan, right?

They were more like Celebration, Florida if it were behind walls than the EPCOT which Walt envisioned, from what I remember.

He would be happy that his company is the biggest media corporation now
He would be happy about tech advantage and actually wouldn't give a shit about 2D animation because CGI was always an ultimate goal they just didn't have that technology yet
He would only be mad that those productions are soulless shit with no charm or creativity

Internet jokes, sometimes I make them. Sometimes, they work, sometimes they don't.

i think he'd like cg films because he's obsessed with suspension of disbelief, The Illusion Of Life fluid movements that don't come to a complete halt
the pacing comedy and music would confuse the hell out of him though

he would die a second time if he watched the tv shows though

Hah people thought Andrew Ryan was a caricature of Walt. He was less inverted mirror of him. A lesser Reflection even.

He'd dive right into VR Tech. Probably acquire or start working with Valve.

"What the FUCK did you do?"

Now that I think about it, what would Walt have felt about the recent live-action adaptations? Bet both Alice movies would've given him an aneurysm.

no sexy girl in jungle book

I think he wouldn't like any of them

dunno after his issues with Marry Poppins I think as long as they made them better movies he'd be okay overall with the results.

>you made HOW much money?
>good job

It's run by Jews now. He'd have a fucking aneurism.

Why would Jews make his nuts shrink?

>that time Batman TAS made an episode where Batman and Robin fought against Mr. Freeze and Walt Disney

>Walt Disney used robots from Castle In The Sky

That was the Fleischer bros, not Walt.

Walt was willing to overlook his antisemitism as long as it made him mad cash.

He'd look for another starving artist he could exploit.

Seriously fuck you OP

See here is the conundrum.

In order for Walt to feel anything about modern Disney, he'd need to be alive to experience it.
But if Walt were alive, he'd never allow Modern Disney to exist in the first place.

So Walt can't actually feel anything about modern Disney (Until they revive him as Frankenwalt)

And then the counterculture happened.

"Walt was an antisemite" was a lie spread by butthurt communists after the McCarthy era.

wtf i love walt disney now

Only to turn out that that is false.

>Artistically
more like

>politically

He was all about the politics of profit. If putting a gay guy in beauty and the beast made him a billion dollars, he'd do it. If showing a black guy eating a watermelon and stealing a bike made him a billion dollars, he'd do it.

>People still believe Walt was antisemite

blame family goy for this

youtube.com/watch?v=YAcIzPmOhBQ

youtube.com/watch?v=8xGlrx2l8hs