What's the worst episode of Samurai Jack and why is it this one?

What's the worst episode of Samurai Jack and why is it this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bdRz6F2Pvzc
youtube.com/watch?v=ov8FAoXxWHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are no worst episodes.

It's the Farting Dragon.

>make thread that unironicallu used "freaking cute"
>make new one with same image
>now falseflags saying negative about it
Samurai Jack fans are lkteral autists
HAHAHAHABA

This.

Fuck you, that episode was cute. Especially when Jack got BTFO by those robots and that cute fat ass turned into an angry monster and killed them.

IMO the robots were the best part, their shticks were hilarious as fuck.

They did seem rather conveniently OP, though.

I forgot how exactly it went down, but wasn't it because Jack couldn't reach his sword or something?

Also, I want that monster to return for S05.

It's Jack The Woolies and the Critchellites or whatetever they were called.
At least Farting Dragon had a couple of good jokes, and pic related had WHAILD RIIDE.
The Woolies episode was just boring and dull. The only visually stunning thing was the dream sequence.
That recap from the last episode was more exciting than the entire original ep.

He had his sword, one of the robots just shot his arm with some sort of local tranquilizer. Makes you wonder why Aku never did that.

because he's a dumbass japanese redneck that's why

WIIILD RIDE
SHE'LL TAKE YOU FOR A WILD RIDE

I'm pretty sure it was specifically meant that way, as Jack's first adventure after the premiere movie.

Yep

The one with the blue creature at least had some charm, even if it was annoying

But the dragon episode was horrific

I don't understand how that episode was made

Maybe higher ups made them do it

>Jack and the Smackback
>Jack and the Scotsman II
>Jack and the Farting Dragon
>Jack Is Naked
>Jack and the Spartans
>Jack's Sandals
Let's face it, half of season 2 was pretty much shit. The season is a blight on the series IMO.

>jack and the spartans
>bad

>Scotsman part 2
>Spartans
other episodes are debatable but how are these not great episodes

Never seen it but nothing with "farting" in the title can be good.

>Spartans
I'm kinda surprised this is even up for debate, as it's not even the best episode of that short list. It's incredibly formulaic and forgettable, even if there's nothing bad about it specifically. Also, the Spartans themselves were practically walking plot devices, far more so than new characters in most other episodes.
>Scotsman part 2
Yeah, I know this one is a fan favorite, but it feels too stitched-together for my taste (kinda like season 5, actually). And the whole aspect of an entire Scottish clan bigger and louder than the Scotsman himself, not to mention his wife being like that too... it's just so predictably boring. And also unrealistic.

the wild ride segment saved it.
I think the baby sitting last episode was worse

>Scotsman II
>Jack is naked
>Spartans
>Sandals
>Bad

impressively shit taste

Even worse, they are tumblrettes

I personally disliked Western episode and the one where Jack got into some obscure town where there was this elephant fairy.

Naked and Sandals are practically self-explanatory, and I just explained my reasoning for the other two: It's not shit taste if it's backed up by objective facts

I literally have no idea which episodes you're talking about. Mind posting the actual titles?

Almost everything in that post is an opinion though

>tfw can't enjoy any Samurai Jack

>Formulaic is bad
Formulas exist for a reason, and your walking plot devices point is painfully stupid since it's a self-contained story

>Complaining about realism in SJ
cool your autism

I'm hard pressed to think of a worse one than Jack and the Flying Prince and Princess.

the good the bad and the beatiful
Jack is Naked

That's not Jack is Naked or Farting Dragon.

That's not the one with a million mandarks.

The first one is a fan favorite, and for good reason. It's a brilliantly done episode in so many ways.

The second is just shit, relatively speaking I mean.

That one may be a filler, but it's also among the most entertaining episodes out there.
Ep 4 of the new season, while crucial for the development of the story, is still the lamest to date for trying to be the previous seasons but not quite achieving it, unlike the other two episodes that followed.

That one was extremely formulaic too but I enjoyed it far more than the Spartans one. If anyone can tell me why this is, I'll be very impressed, because I can't seem to figure it out myself.

Tbh its probably the most underrated episode

Every episode of Samurai Jack is filller you ponce.

the whole episode was just a vehicle for lame Star Wars jokes

Can you explain this? Note: I've never seen Star Wars.

>Samurai Jack marathon on Adult Swim's site prior to the airing of the first S5 ep
>Come in time to see this episode
>Stream chat is nothing but THICC jokes and comments about how they want to fist not!Totoro

>Not Jack Learns to Jump Good

Plebians

Fuck you, the sandals episode is one of my favorites

>Implying the ending isn't one of the best of the entire series.

At least it had a reference to Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. That said, this thing was super adorable.

Your taste is so terrible I think it gave me cancer

Season 4 is really unfortunately plagued with this shit.

>There are people in this thread who think Jack is Naked is bad
Well it certainly isn't kino, but I enjoyed how Jack went full Looney Tunes for an entire episode. The parallels with Alice were also a nice touch.

I don't see the problem?

Jack trying to get his old shoes back was golden. Anyone who's used to a specific type or pair of boots or shoes should empathize; and him running across people that are not only his own but sympathetic to his cause was heartwarming.

SHE'S PURDY PURDY PURDY
BUT MEAN MEAN MEAN

They made the hive of scum and villainy reference verbatim except for the town name

Star Wars references and nods, I mean. It wouldn't have been an issue if it weren't so often. It happens a few times in The Scotsman Saves Jack and pretty much the entire time in Flying Prince and Princess.

I feel like they wanted to do it here too.

Ones that dont have extra thicc in it

Again though, as someone who's never seen Star Wars I didn't feel like anything was wrong with any of those episodes. And that's what counts IMHO.

No, that's Chicken Jack. Then Farting Dragon, then The Creature.

>Chicken Jack below Farting Dragon

I like that episode a lot.

>Aku's scene was amazing
>Jack goes full ninja
>Dat elevator drop
>That moment where Jack sucks with technology, then feels at home when he gets to tear apart robots

It's also interesting to see how much of that episode's concept went into Symbiotic Titan.

jack is naked if by far the worst episode , and even being the worst it was funny

Right, you didn't see Star Wars, so when you go through s4, you don't notice anything.

I and lot of other people did, and it's distracting.

Chicken Jack was immensely boring. The entire episode is "Jack is a chicken lol." It's not the worst thing ever, which says a lot about the show's overall quality, but it certainly isn't good. I did like the rat design though.

Farting Dragon was bad, but it was at least amusing at points, and Jack inside the Dragon was neat. The rest was bad.

>he didn't mention the soundtrack in Chicken Jack

Why, the worse episode is your favorite episode of course. If you like that episode so much you really have shit taste.

What if Jack never ran into the wizard again?

>he forggot about the best soundtrack in the series
youtube.com/watch?v=bdRz6F2Pvzc

>Frozen reaction image
Maybe you just have shit taste.

Fuck off poststealing dipshit:

Star wars fans are the worst
If anyone insults their precious shit series or makes a passing reference, they'll say it's distracting and insulting and whatnot

I mean, the show's entire soundtrack is god tier. That's a plus for EVERY episode essentially.

You're just a sperg. Those sets are gorgeous regardless, it doesn't matter the reference.

>No one has mentioned Jack Tales

Literally only worth it for "When does the magic begin?"

Not at all, only a few tracks are good, the rest just mediocre. I can probably count them on one hand.

I *really* liked Jack Tales. It's like getting 3 good episodes in 1 great one.

>There are a million rips of the acid techno tune from Jack and the Rave
>hardly any good rips of the house track from Jack and the Warrior Woman

Yeah you're just really easily triggered

>you now realize the wizard was the one responsible for talking penis
>he turns people into cocks

Have you seen this one? youtube.com/watch?v=ov8FAoXxWHU
The original Chicken Jack track is actually more of lost media than that one, come to think of it.

This episode is pretty boring, the creature is annoying and the action sequence isn't really that interesting.
However, the background art is wonderful. I love the use of squares and vibrant colors to create a forest, for example.

The interior of the dragon was pretty surrealist; I personally enjoyed it.

>the action sequence isn't really that interesting.
Fuck you, it's one of the best in the whole show.

>>Jack and the Smackback
Fuck off, this is an underappreciated gem. I love how the whole episode is basically an extended action sequence. It barely gives you any time to breathe and seeing Jack winning is incredibly satisfying.

It was a solid prequel to Sym Bionic Titan.
I was hoping they'd go full circle and make an episode in Sym Bionic Titan that was a huge reference to Samurai Jack.

The fight scenes in Chicken Jack were pretty awesome though. I loved how much more violent than usual they got with having Jack, for example, killing an aborted dog-rat with the acid blood on a giant snake.

The one with the robot family was amazing just because of how out of nowhere it came.

Guess we're gonna just have to agree to disagree there.

I just want to listen to the background music of Spring from The Four Seasons of Death. It is literally the best music the show has ever produced.

The Farting Dragon was a revolutionary cartoon for it's time and covered a lot of controversial topics.
>Amputee scissorsmith into bestiality and spousal abuse
>Jack gets vored by the dragon, and then further creatures try to vore him while he's already vored.
>Jack aborts the baby dragon (though it manages to survive=

List of good tracks, just for the record:
chicken
desert
rave
sirens
spring
That's exactly 5, just as I said it would be.

Jack Is Naked and Jack's Sandals are both top tier.

Yeah but I thought it was a bit haphazardly thrown together.

It's better than I remember but I still wish we had a straight HD rip. Hell, release the whole show's OST before the company burns down like what happened to the Sonic OVA ost

I thought that the inside of the dragon was awesome, that's the most memorable part of the episode and episode 4 of the new season was very similar to that, which was very enjoyable IMO.

That whole episode felt so strange to me. It was like they were trying to do a crossover with a series that doesn't exist.

The better question is what's the worst episode of the latest season and why is it the 6th?

this. I love episodes in which Jack has to deal with the weird humans in the future world

... unfortunately?

You spelled 4th wrong, mate.

>Jack and the Farting Dragon, Naked Jack, Chicken Jack and Jack and the Creature all had the same writers/storyboarders
>Chris Reccardi and Aaron Springer

Really gets your noggin joggin.

>vore as a verb
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

>Tracks that can barely be found
>Name 5 of them

The entire series soundtrack was great.

Can you think of any others on that level? I can't.
There's also a soundtrack release, BTW, though it only contains like 10 tracks or so. None of which are nearly as good (one is the rave one, though).

Bait.