Action Comics #978 Storytime

It's a brave new world for the Family of Tomorrow!

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/34245-superman-is-a-new-person-after-reborn-according-to-action-comics-writer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

unf.

good issue. Superbro lives on in Superdad ;_;

Lois' first meeting with Clark and Superman both copied straight out of Secret Origin.

And the trunks are back. At least in the sense that Superman canonically wore them during his early days.

TRUNKS CANON
ARMOR CANON

ITS ALL CANON

Pretty much everything from Byrne's reboot to the present. The good, the bad, and the mediocre (opinions on what is what may very).

where's Superboy

Return in two weeks for "REVENGE"!

Wait what?! This shit all still happened?

Well, almost everything.

No Superboy, no Cir-El, no Matrix Supergirl (there's a blond at Lois and Clark's wedding, but I think that might be Lucy), no Lex Luthor Jr. Clone. Probably other stuff I can't think of off hand.

JLA:

*smacks lipps*
HOL HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE SUM KIND
SUPAMAN REVENGE SQUAAAD

Rebirth was a mistake

Zod in the big group villains shot looks like he's from the New Krypton arc, but Chris Kent seems to be missing as well.

hey, so superlex is considered part of the super senpai?!

I'm really looking forward to this

OH FUCK HANK REMEMBERS!!!!

I think this actually confirms Oz is a good guy if he is warning Clark to gather up friends for the fight ahead.

Wtf. This whole thing is insane.

Holy shit he wore the trunks

So those spoilers said the league existed before the new 52 formation but nothing in this issue says that, hell the one time Superman does mention them he is in the new 52 getup already

So who is this asshole anyway?

It does if you watch the art. He says Doomsday dispatched the league and he was wearing Trunks at the time. After that he was in the armor. So the league was formed before new 52

Thanks for the storytime!

It almost makes sense with he rest of the New 52 timeline. It's being held together by chewing gum and prayer but it will do

Jurgens told Newsarama that there might be an explanation for Clark/Diana later. I presume that means it happened earlier in his timeline and they just drifted apart naturally

newsarama.com/34245-superman-is-a-new-person-after-reborn-according-to-action-comics-writer.html

just noticed that line, good catch.

>trunks will never be canon, they said

EVERYTHING IS CANON

>While Jurgens wouldn't talk about the status of the recent relationship between Wonder Woman and Superman - indicating that the answer will be revealed later - he did talk about some of the other questions concerning the post-"Reborn" Superman and Lois Lane.

Man, why?! Why would they posibly need to clarify this any further.

So glad that we still got Superbro in there.

Prime???

So where does Kong Kenan fit into this?

They really should have covered his sperg out. Could be an easy handwave of him having to siphon off some energy

right, they could have reworked that old story about him absorbing to much solar energy.

Just say he gone some of his solar energy siphoned.

O god Superman Blue and Red happened.

So going with this new timeline Superman has been Superman for at least 11+ years, does that put him back into the status of being the first superhero before Batman?

O god even longhaired Blacksuit Superman happened.

Wasn't like that in the New 52?

no they made Batman active before Superman in 52 for some reason

So, i guess Superboy has been...
RetKonned

What if DC gets reborn as a whole like this after Rebirth?

Yep, as it should be really.

though with JSA coming back soon he'll probably lose that status and go back to being the first MODERN era Superhero which is even better.

Then I'm going to be very confused and drop the big 2 forever. Superman,Batman and GL have most of their big stories canon again. Just leave it at that

Doesn't really need to be the DC Universe is fine like it is now.

>No Superboy
IT'S NOT FAIR

>No kents
GOD DAMMIT

More Superbro stuff being kept with that one especially.

>Bruce isn't the godfather
Aww come on

I don't think Superman would want that sort of life for his son

Yeah Perry is a safer bet.

How is Henshaw here like this if Cyborg Superman also happened??

Henshaw is technically an energy construct, he can look like anything he wants, and doesn't need a body.

Supposedly might be some kind of foreshadowing.

Although come to think of it, if he never died while wearing the New 52 suit then why is there a statue of him in the Fortress?

Before he became Cyborg Superman Henshaw was a ghost who could "possess" technology. He only turned himself into the Cyborg after getting a hold of Kal-El's baby rocket. Then before Reborn happened we saw never-turned-into-a-villain nu52 Henshaw breaking into the Fortress of Solitude and getting mind-controlled by Blanque.

Obviously Reborn has altered his history too, we'll probably get an explanation in the next issue.

>Not using that scene from All-Star where Pa dies for this page
Oh well

While the need to address that? I don't understand the fans wanting to keep it canon.

All that will do is give future writers an excuse to write relationship drama with Lois being jealous about Superman being close friends and co-worker with his ex, Wonder Woman feeling like she let a good catch escape and brooding whenever she sees Superman with his family, and Superman feeling all protective about who Wonder Woman dates.

You know, basically that whole period during the late 90's and early 2000's which was odd as fuck and did the three characters no good.

Thanks for posting Norrin.

You're the best thing coming out of DC Rebirth. But like actually and honestly.

That sucks, i always hoping they'd keep Geoff Johns' "Brainiac" arc canon.

Well according to Jurgens interview with Newsarama the Kents still died at Clark's prom night

So according to the fused memory, he's always "been" Superbro of Prime Earth. As much as the Superdad persona dominates the new one, one could say that he's lost the value of his multiversal adventures, now that he's always been on Prime Earth, instead of coming here as "John Smith".

That's stupid. Specially when the comic show them dead before the birth of John.

Eh barely and mostly just the suit this pretty much omits the majority of N52 Superman and that's fucking garbage

DC you done fucked up.

IIRC someone here said that Mr. Oz might not turn out to be Ozymandias. And I remember that when I first saw Mr. Oz the first time, I wondered if he might've been Jonathan Kent since he implied he taught Clark. I didn't think about that again until someone brought up the possibility that Mr. Oz isn't Ozy and Rich brought up the possibility that the destruction of the Kents statues was a foreshadowing.

>Lois was too smart not to know

Ha! Silver Age Superman disagrees!

WW was reverted as well it seems. Looks like Rucka started tearing down Azz's run. Only other thing is that apparently that 5 year limit is being taken off and will allow for the past to have happened fully.

>ALMSIVI

Nice easter egg.

To be honest, Silver Age Lois pretty much knew that Superman and Clark Kent were one and the same. Most of the stories had her trying to expose Clark Kent.

It's just that Superman was a really good troll and would always manager to one up her, making Lois question her insanity, because she was sooo sure about the truth but was never able to prove it.

It's a wonder Silver Age Lois was never an Arkham resident.

WW is wearing the costume from Azz's run during Jon's birth. Not sure if it means anything, but it's there.

What?

Oz is an aged Conner. It's one of the reasons he abducted Doomsday and Tim.

So, if the new reality is about his life as "Mr. Smith" away from the League, what happens to the people who received powers after Superbro died? Now he never died, was just chilling.

Captain Planet answer your question.

N52 Lois never existed. Lana no longer has powers. Kenan got his powers from Chinese manipulation like the rest of the Chinese JLA.

With Lana who knows? Kenan never got his powers from Superbro dying he got hit with some of Superbro's solar energy that had been siphoned off before he died.

Yes, I am happy Superman is Gay again.

Lana's powers literally disappeared at the moment the Supermen merged. It saved her from dying of power overload like New 52 Lois.

>You're the best thing coming out of DC Rebirth.
Rob Corps

THE TRUNKS ARE CANON! I REPEAT: THE TRUNKS ARE CANON!

>red trunks
yeeeeeeesssssss. Please bring them back DC.

The times he was dead or not being superman and on the farm are the only eras that cause problems but I didn't read superman during new 52 so I don't care. I'd be interested to know what someone who read new 52 supes makes of all this.

and stuck in the past :)

Just like New 52 awful Jim Lee's armor.