Victor Von Doom?
THE Doctor Doom, of Doctor Doom fame?
THIS guy I could see doing that.
Hey!
But Doom?
THE Doctor Doom?
Yeah, he JUST said.
Guys, I'm not--I'm not LYING.

As long as the writers are Doomfags, Doom will always be a shit character.

Bendis? The writer, Bendis?

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

Doomfags writers eliminate the things that would make him a villain to appeal to the Doomfag fanbase.

Even beeing a dictator of a shit country was rewrote. Now the shit country is a utopia, and Doom isn't a dictator, no, he is just a strong leader, in fact, if the whole world was under Doom, it would be such a better place (said in-universe by a god, no less).

The worst that Doom did in the last years was a shit retcon involving the Scarlet Witch.

Is good to see his series flopping.

Didn't Doom kill Susan Storm when she came from the future?

Just fried her because he was pissed.

Why is the Wizard not wearing his helmet?

Was his country ever portrayed as shit? Have we ever seen him as an unjust leader? He ruled his country by power, but really, who doesn't?

This isn't even the first time Doom has gone "straight", why are they acting so surprised? Doom even joined the FF once for fucks sake.

> the universe resets and nobody noticed

The Wrecker has the best costume.
That is all.
Also, who's the guy standing behind him to the right?

>tfw doom will never be a real, despicable villain again

There's really three Dooms. There is the super-ego, who is not bothered by emotional concerns and simply wants to rule the universe because he should; this is the Doom who made the Beyonder his bitch on his own turf. I call him simply 'Doom'.
Then there is the man, who should really have been a hero - say, the ego. He's the one who travelled to Hell to save his mother and the one who wants to rule the world to make it a paradise for everybody, especially the small and defenseless. Call him 'Victor'.
And there is the id. Narrow-minded, petty and cruel, he is unabashadly a supervillain, who never forgets a slight. He wants to rule the world because he's a dick who hates people. Him I call 'Doctor Doom'.

Doom's actions at a given moment are determined by how much each of these is ascendant, and likewise his success. Doom cannot fail. Victor is unlikely to. And Doctor Doom will always fail.

Because he finally realized it looks like a dildo.

>Have we ever seen him as an unjust leader?

Yeah... the Fantastic Four ruled his country for a while and found evidence of torture and political murder committed in secret. I imagine rather more for Doom's own benefit than others.

That's actually more believable. How would you even notice?

Not now that Fraction is gone, no.

I believe that's Living Laser

Nice fanfic.

>DC Writers
>MARVEL writers
>7/11 comics had doctor Doom wiping over the attack on the towers - same villain who threw a city from the sky, etc
I believe that the major pre-requisite to be a american comic writer is to be a complete autistic retard.

Nobody considers Millar's shitty run canon in any way.

Eh. I always do that. And yes, I am autistic.

>7/11 comics had doctor Doom wiping

Just so you know, I am screencapping this.

Constrictor died of cancer last year and now he is there with other villains?

>the Wizard, real name Dr. Bentley Wittman, with a man-bun looking like Riz Ahmed

>it's a "bendis has B & C list villains organize a giant mob and instead of cleverly using their united powers he treats them as a bunch of thugs armed with sticks" episods.

>read OP post
>think it's OP's attempt at Bendis parody
>open image
>mfw

Actually kind of works.

>His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.
I take it you didn't read the Unthinkable arc, Doom had another reason for delivering the child, and it was pretty damn evil.

>Unthinkable
A story that triggers Doomfag hards to the point that everyone pretends never happened.

Shit name desu. Dooma is better

>DC Writers
>7/11
I don't even know what the fuck your point was.

Oh fuck wow this is bad

To be fair, supervillains are a franchise now. Hobgoblin probably already sold the costume and powers to some schmoe.

Doom's portrayals vary wildly with the writer, but they do all fall in those three categories. It's not supposed to be like multiple personality disorder or something, but it seemingly kind of borders on it.

Victor is actually the super-ego, since that's the portion that cares about other people.

The ego is meant to mediate between the id and the super-ego, so the ego is Doom.

I like that interpretation, voerall.