Ben reilly - scarlet spider #1 storytime

this hurts

Hopefully this doesn't suck.

See, that's what I call a deal. She could sell that gun for an even $200. It's got good heft. Easy money.

it could be worse

Nice.

Oh, boy.

all these bad puns with the Peter's family names...

Aunt June probably the best Marvel character of the last 3 years

Thanks OP, i think PAD delivered (still he writes this Ben like the 90's Deadpool) but i think i won't like what he has in mind for Kaine

I hope this aping Peter's relationships bullshit is something else they backtrack on as fast they did the new costume.

>Spider-Jew

Thanks, OP. I t wasn't really bad, but I can't honestly say I liked it either.

>Ben wants to be edgy and Las Vegas lets him

KAINE

Neato.

That was alright it really makes you wonder where they'll take this.

I feel the same. It's just not muh Ben. If it were any other character, I'd probably like it more.

eh
feels too much like its trying to be deadpool

I love bagels work
It's nostalgic to me, but I wish he could draw a woman that doesn't look like Mary Jane

Bagley**

>After seemingly sacrificing himself to save Peter Parker's life, Ben Reilly was resurrected by none other than his creator, the Jackal, and subjected to dozens of torturous experiments.

Ok I kinda understand this, but the last thing I read something of Ben Reilly was when he was impaled for the Green Goblin and then he turned into dust. So what happened with that, I don't think the Jackal can resurrect people from dust.

This wasent to bad, its basically deadpool-lite (in a good way).

>So what happened with that, I don't think the Jackal can resurrect people from dust.
He can now.

And I was hoping they were going to give the whole scar thing a rest. Kaine already fills that niche for god's sake.

i wish bagley would go back to drawing ultimate spider-man and got bendis to write with him again.

bring ultimat peter back to life and make sure bendis doesn't write anything outside ultimate universe ever again.

oh snap

That's probably what's keeping me from enjoying it as well. If this guy stopped calling himself Ben and got his own identity, I might've liked it more. As it is, it just feels like a big disservice to the real Ben and anyone who liked him.

Well he is Ben now like it or not but judging by the solicits he should be turning back to his old self.

>yfw this was actually decent and enjoyable.

I kinda like it. It's different but Ben would have to be different after all this time, given the circumstances and realizing he was the clone after all. He's closer to his early appearances.

It's not exactly a resurrection. By using samples taken from a dead person's remains, he can create a clone with all of the original's memories, including when they died, due to "psychic residue" or some bullshit like that. Even though Slott kept trying to hint that this counted as a form of resurrection, it's really just a different method of cloning.

What a dick!

Seriously, what a dick!

I think the idea was he temporarily imbues the remains with 'from a single cell' tier healing factor
so Slott would argue if these don't count as the same person, neither does anyone else who has undergone such drastic regeneration via superpowers, which I recall both Wolverine and Deadpool doing at least once, though the former was hit by a power booster from some entity and the latter was still cursed by thanos to never ever die at the time

I still don't consider this to be the actual Ben Reilly. This is Ben's 28th clone.

Ben Reilly clone actualy clone from combine Wade and Peter

>Even though Slott kept trying to hint that this counted as a form of resurrection

Slott fucked his own stance on the whole resurrection thing when he revealed that all the originals were in cry sleep at the end of Clone Conspiracy. Kinda hard to revive someone who never died.

I like imaginary Ben.

Ben Reilly himself is a clone what's the difference?

this......was frustrating. wish ben and kaine did not look like fucking lepers.

As someone who never cared for Ben I found this interesting, he's edgy in way that's distinct from Kaine, very pragmatic and subtly insane.

I guess I could see how if you like Ben Reilly you might not like this? But I always found that clone boring as fuck

>No regerts tattoo?
Did the person giving him the tat eat a Milky way?

The ultimate universe is gone man

And the REAL hero has arrived!

>Ben, a clone of Peter, is not Peter but his own man
>Ben28 is somehow meant to be the same man as Ben1

Guess that counts for a clone being cloned from a real person instead of being cloned from a clone.

It's been awhile since I read anything relating to old Ben.
Was he always such and ass?

Slott's retarded, we all know this but his intention is clearly for it to be the same guy even though it makes no sense with his own cloning rules

No.

He was pretty much always "slightly more naive Peter who thinks he's edgy but isn't." Worst thing he ever did was get drunk, yell at a guy, fuck up a bar, and then apologize to said man.

>Was he always such and ass?
Not even remotely. For a while Ben was a better Peter than, well, Peter himself.

He broke the barman's hand when he wrecked the bar though

And other DeMatteis backups in Web of Spider-Man running with the beginning of Brand New Day had more of his stories during his exile years, like in Europe or so, where he was always coming very close to the edge

"Slightly more naive Peter" doesn't cut it, he was less naive because of the shit he went through. But his best trait was EXACTLY not crossing the line when it came down to it

we already have one of those and her name is Itsy-bitsy

Oh god i hate seeing his lips through the mask

Michilen (can never spell it right) and other writers took the "It's 70's Peter" thing VERY literally and just wrote him as a younger Peter.

He THINKS he's edgier and more keenly aware, but he ended up mostly just being a nicer, more trusting Peter who hadn't crossed as many lines, which was kind of the point. I think "more naive" is a fair description.

I dug it

That the only reason why he's such an asshole

Honestly much better than I expected, as much as it pains me to say it.

Not "good", but entertaining enough, It helps that the last Venom issue is still fresh in my mind.

>It helps that the last Venom issue is still fresh in my mind.

Oh geez. That was so fucking bad. Can't think of a single redeeming quality about it.

it was alright

>Can't think of a single redeeming quality about it.
it ended

nice quads senpai

So, um do none of the people on this street notice anything?

Micheline barely wrote Ben though. IIRC he just did during Planet of the Symbiotes where he was mostly background dressing.

The whole "more naive" thing kicked more in high gear because of Gage and Costa's depiction of Ben in the Scarlet Spiders stories from Spider-verse where he was always basically saying "the good guys always win" all the time.

Ben came off as 'more naive' in a sense when Peter was full on edgelord at the beginning of the Clone Saga. But that's not comparable, since that wasn't really Peter.

Is this your first time reading a super hero comic?

Also, they're in a fuckin' alley. Stop being dense.

>The whole "more naive" thing kicked more in high gear because of Gage and Costa's depiction of Ben in the Scarlet Spiders stories from Spider-verse where he was always basically saying "the good guys always win" all the time.
>Ben came off as 'more naive' in a sense when Peter was full on edgelord at the beginning of the Clone Saga. But that's not comparable, since that wasn't really Peter.

The Ben that showed up in Spider-Verse was an AU Ben who always won everything he did. He wasn't comparable to 616 Ben at all, outside of appearance.

So to recap, a clone of Peter Parker hunts another clone of Peter Parker who is haunted by two different versions of Peter Parker.

I don't want to sound like an SJW here, but I'd like to see some more diversity in this book.

This is creapy...

Was pretty good, I hope it stays this good. I'll pick up the trades if it does.

Meet the Millers

I don't know. Kaine was the best part and he appears for two pages.

Ben is a bit too edgy (in a less fun way then kaine), and a bit too deadpool for my liking.

I have no idea where they are going with this series. However I can't say I really heavily disliked it. Better then expected.

Wait, is this Deadpool?

Indeed. While I didn't much care for this, I can safely say that it wasn't a bad issue because last week's Venom showed me what a bad issue really looks is.

Sounds like borderlands 2 dialogue

I was expecting this to be bad, but I was pretty surprised at how bad this issue actually was. I know the trend has been for writers to take stuff from Slott's run, and actually make it into a good story, but I think we've finally broken the mold.

Is deadpool ben reilly really a story that needs to be told?

Good Start.

You know, I actually slightly enjoyed this, but that's probably becuae my expectations of Marvel Comics are at rock bottom currently,, and I don't have to worry about it getting cancelled. Spirderbooks don't get cancelled, they just get rebranded until they end up sticking I just have to worry about it going to shit.

They most likely will. This issue was hammering in on the fact that Ben's got some severe mental issues as of lately.

But it continues to exist and Brock didn't make it any better. I'm not sure what he did

Nope. This Ben is a pissed off Ben due to being tortured and dying in probably every conceivable way and remembering all of it, as well as having an existential crisis due to getting his ass kicked for """being the good guy"""

>we want the deadpool audience

That whole evil ben ordeal is the worst thing slott has ever done, but somehow i really enjoyed this, maybe i just really like PAD, but i think i'm on board, specially if going back to the old costume means redemption