So uhh what did you think of this... there's some really weird shit going on in this that I didn't expect

So uhh what did you think of this... there's some really weird shit going on in this that I didn't expect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LgU_TwMZgYA&list=PLmirOw7JCi82Jp3aAcH3BVJrh8I465NW3&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=LgU_TwMZgYA
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ihwNrvHxY
readcomics.website/comic/batmanshadow-2017/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're not that user triggered by crossovers, are you?

Wait, it's out already ?
Shit I gotta get this.

How anal does Batman get about The Shadow using guns?

It's not that kind of crossover, this is actually Batman VS The Shadow, because seemingly The Shadow has become a full villain

>The Shadow has become a full villain

either its not actually the Shadow or they have no idea what to do with the character

unless its a punisher like situation

So does the Shadow know the evil that lurks in the heart of the Batman?

Or since he turns evil, should he change that?

>Who knows what good, lives in the the heart of women! ....The Shadow Doesn't!

I've never read any Shadow comics
Where should I start

Same with the Spirit too actually

>seemingly The Shadow has become a full villain
It's probably a bait-and-switch situation.
But hey Batman vs The Shadow sounds like a cool premise.

It's not really that much of a stretch for The Shadow to become a full-on villain.
We are talking about a character who guns down criminals Punisher-style in addition to using his powers to make them kill themselves.
He was created to be a villain who fights villains.

>Who knows what good, lives in the the heart of women! ....The Shadow Doesn't!
christ its the embodiment of r9k and pol

hope you dont mind this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=LgU_TwMZgYA&list=PLmirOw7JCi82Jp3aAcH3BVJrh8I465NW3&index=7

So any gonna story time or, or post a link?

thats why I brought up punisher, he had plenty of fights with capes over his methods for dealing with criminals

It's clearly some kind of ruse if only because the previews said he protects Batman from Joker (Snyder of course couldn't help himself)
As for me I'm happy Shadow's being portrayed like a horror movie but I really could've done without him seemingly being a villain who killed an innocent dude.

Start with the radio first, preferably the episodes starring Orson Welles and Brett Morrison. You can find them on Youtube.
Good thing about The Shadow is that you can pretty much start from anywhere (although it helps to at least read up on the character's history and importance).
The recent Matt Wagner comics are pretty good in case you can't find the older pulps.

Also, if you are not too bothered by cringy metalheads, check out RazorFist's videos on The Shadow.
youtube.com/watch?v=LgU_TwMZgYA
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ihwNrvHxY

There was a brief Batman x The Shadow crossover once that dealt with this issue a bit. The Shadow offered Batman a gun to help him catch a criminal but Batman straight up refused and said he'd use other methods. I think this crossover is probably going to expand on this a bit.

Just finished reading it

readcomics.website/comic/batmanshadow-2017/1

Yeah I felt really sorry for the guy who was murdered.
But I think either it's a set-up, or Snyder really did decide to write The Shadow as a villain because he didn't know what else to do with him.
Still, I liked it, and I'm happy it's taking a different direction than the past Batman x Shadow crossovers.

The murderer most likely an impostor or The Shadow's possessed or something. In the fourth issue Joker and some new villain are gonna carve out Batman's heart and The Shadow has to run a gauntlet of the entire rogue's gallery to save him so clearly they end up on the same side to some extent (but of course bats is worried about his villains)

It wouldn't be the first time The Shadow had imposters (he himself employed them on several occasions).
What makes the most curious is that his agents are also saying he went insane, even Margo.
And the comic is apparently going with the idea that The Shadow is immortal (which has been done before).

I pray Snyder doesn't pull some Lazarus Pit bullshit to explain him being immortal, just leave it completely ambiguous or weird.
also might I say I love this slight tweaking of his outfit. looks great.

my only complaint is his nose

too straight

Storytime when?

This

Second this

>you want to read shadow comics?
>start by listening to the radio show

Why do so many comics fans make this shit so complicated?

Comic versions of the Shadow have been pretty consistent in quality over the years. Take your pick:

>70s DC series
Traditional pulp with neat art by Kaluta and Robbins. O'Neill obviously had a lot of fun writing these.

>80s DC series
Great art by Chaykin, Sienkiewicz, and Baker. Really unique tone that mixes pulp violence and almost Looney Tunes style slapstick. My all time favorite DC Comic.

>Hitler's Astrologer graphic novel
Kaluta and O'Neill return with Russ mother fucking Heath on inks.

>Shadow Strikes and 90s Dark Horse comics
Solid stuff from a myriad of creators. Not as good as the DC stuff but fine if you just want more.

>Recent Dynamite series
Matt Wagner stuff is great. Ennis stuff was fine. These are probably easier to get your hands on.

Someone going to storytime this?

For The Shadow see.
Baker and Helfer's run is cool too (and short)

For the Spirit, just find everything Eisner did. It's a lot of fun. Darwyn Cooke's run is pretty neat too even if I disliked some of his characterization.

>Magpie
fucking yeee mate

>Ennis stuff was fine.
I'm going to pull you up on this, because Ennis' run was NOT fine - it was a comic about The Rape of Nanking, with Lamont Cranston and Margo Lane making the occasional appearance.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with Garth when he dropped the ball so hard.

That said, everything else in your list was on the money.

Bought it for the Tim Sale cover. Is it shway or swhit? Probably should have had Sale just do the art and gotten a better writer. Like Tom King.

Think the lack of reply tells us all we need to know lol. There was that one asshole in the solicit thread way back shitting things up.

I can't wait for the Marvin Martian Manhunter crossover.

I laughed at this page. Bats just has no idea what's going on.

this.

where's the story time?

Sure, I could go pull the shit out of the plastic and read it but then I'd have to buy another copy.

>THE SHADOW KNOWS!!
>...what?

Does anything sum up the history between these characters better than this page?

So is it its own universe like the other crossovers have been? Cause obviously if they ever use Henri Ducard in the main universe again they can't say he's The Shadow

We not getting a storytime?

we want a storytime.

Do it yourself.
There's a link on this thread

I'll storytime it, after I get something to eat.

Bump

I was wondering about this too. Not really keeping up on Batman Post-N52 so are there any clues if this is in the main New 52 universe or is this an isolated story?

This art is exceptionally good for a gimmick book.

Well I know they introduced the New 52 version of Ducard during Tomasi's Batman and Robin. I just don't know if things got changed during Rebirth.

Thank you user

This

Did we really to have a box saying Arkham asylum is in Gotham city

I don't like how lately a lot of writers have reduced Batman's detective abilities to "owns a lot of gadgets that solve the crime for him." I partially blame the Arkham games.

Does Bruce's dialogue feel really off here to anyone else?

>no finger prints

He's wearing gloves, genius

The end

I was actually really hyped for this story because I like the premise in context of the irl inspiration, but this issue felt like a huge let down

u da best

Page of the week contender

thanks user!

So is he a villain now?

this is a great page

it's most likely not actually him.

the real question is what reason he could have to kill his descendant.

villain or not, there has to be a reason for that.

Writing detective stuff is HARD. It's easier if he just CSI's everything with MAXIMUM ENHANCEMENT.
>Implying the Batcomputer can't ENHANCE fingerprints through gloves.

You Welcome user.

Shweet Sale cover.

let's hope this gets better as we go along

>let's hope this gets better as we go along
This.

Thank you friend.

The Shadow has telekinesis, morons.

Only at the end of the movie.
Otherwise it's just telepathy or hypnosis.

>there will never be a mega-pulp crossover where Batman and Judex work together to track down Arsene Lupin, only for the three of them to team up to stop an even greater machination by Fantomas

I feel you.
For the past months I've been writing down concepts for a Shadow tv-series and I actually did incorporate Judex and Lupin into one of the episodes.
I'm working super hard to become a filmmaker and I hope I can bring this to life someday.
These characters deserve a comeback.

>Mr. Zeus is so extra that he just can't eat regular pancakes, he has to eat them old Greek style.

Bless him.

This was cool

This was completely sold out at my LCS by the time I got there. Why do people go so nuts for Snyder writing Batman? It looks like we're on track for his usual pattern:

>strong opening hook
>decompression
>decompression
>weak ending

OLD DC SHADOW COMIC HERE:

No Problem user.

Riley Rossmo, huh? Neat.

Stupid sexy Freeze