Gee, Imagine that

Gee, Imagine that.

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/kateleth
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>lmao you guys like my book but don't buy it?
>haha
>that's cool...
>but, um...
>I really do need money to keep my job lmao hee hee...

There's already a twitter screenshot bitching thread, why did you make another, fagtron?

I admit that it does make me mad with comics and tv shows that people will say they love something but not spend money to support it. Like how do people know you like it then? The only exception is if it isn't available in a covient form.

Hopefully this will teach them that just liking something isn't enough to keep it around.

Just ban american net. Sales go up.

The Internet is a job killer.

well, I mean, the person isn't in the wrong.

Why would Marvel keep hiring these people if their books do so poorly they end up cancelled? I seems like a lot of these webcomic writers and artists get hired on and their books only last one volume (if that)

Because you never know, one of them might hit big. Have to try new things every once in awhile, and if a creator is popular in webcomics, they might be popular elsewhere.

The "quality" of that piece of shit she calls a comic is the job killer, user, don't pretend for a second it's anything else.

Damn this is a stunning revelation

It is true that people need to actually express their interest in something by actually watching/buying it legitimately.

But at the same time, she's a shit writer and her comic is awful.

people only pretend to like the comic because it's progressive and makes them look good

What a fucking cunt

t.republican

for the PR of it
hiring webcomic writers gives them nerd cred, and helps fans think they too might be noticed by marvel-sempai
and hiring outspoken liberals helps reinforce their brand image as 'the progressive comics company' that they've been riding since New X-Men became a runaway hit
in reality those webcomic writers get put on the books marvel doesn't care at all if they tank or not, generally get the bottom of the barrel artists Marvel hasn't gotten around to firing yet, and the majority of stories are still about powerful white americans doing whatever the hell they want and getting away with it, sod the poor and the disenfranchised

this is how Ike, Quesada et al have their cake and eat it too

>Why would Marvel keep hiring these people if their books do so poorly they end up cancelled?
Virtue signaling.

They didn't love it, they bought Volume 1 to support Leth when it was new, then they forgot about it because they never even read it.

>covient

I love your book! I can tell because I only read one!

This.

There is a sizeable group of outspoken comic book critics that have a very distinct idea about what comic books should be despite not willing to spend the time actually reading comic books. When you try to point that out, they call you a "gatekeeper."

The sales model is the problem. Why can't i got to marvel.com, subscribe to a series, and have each new issue mailed directly to my house?

Well, I don't feel for her.

And of course nobody spent money on it, her readers are webcomic readers and Hellcat was webcomic tier. They probably don't even know they are supposed to pay.

>New X-Men
Progressive?

Awhile back, they had the great idea that "progressive" books should be a thing, so they lined up a bunch of creators and rolled out the books. This continued until Marvel decided it was a waste of money. This took time, which explains why America is just starting now, as it was started during the push. The material will dry up by the fall and we'll see their "back to basics" approach then as they're getting content ready for the fall now.

Oh man, there's so many new made up labels I forgot about that one

The intended audience doesn’t even know about the direct market, and how going to their LCS three months before a book comes out is the only effective way to actually support a book. The problem here is the direct market, a lack of marketing from the publisher, and people not knowing that pre-orders at an LCS is the only real way to support series and keeping them alive.
This is what happened to Mockingbird. No matter how well it does in the trade market it’s not gonna bring back the ongoing.

they swapped out the old team to include a kenyan woman, a russian, a german, an apache, an irish, a jap, and a canadian
the only white american on the team was cyclops

and things only got even more progressive (in a perverted hippie kind of way) when Claremont took over. At the very least, become more the kind of thing that would offend conservative values of the time

>Mockingbird
I forgot all about that book. Only lasted 8 issues (longer than Rhodey's 3 issues, I guess). I noticed the writer is back on Twitter after quitting, too

another fail by leth, yeesh.

Sucks, don't it Kate?

Whilst I geuinely despise Kate Leth (to the point where I got banned for for posting one specific screenshot of her twitter), lots of people are fans of Batman without having cracked open any of his comics. Movies, TV shows, video games... you name it, he's had at least one good iteration of each at some point.

Their cheaper than hiring industry vets

That wasn't the problem with the comic. She goes on bitching about Batman for random SJW reasons and then talks about how great Marvel comics are. It's such a pain in the ass that even that bit alone triggers me.

>making a perfectly reasonable and logical statement sound stupid

Snyder was writing bad Batman comics desu

>People who don't read comics bitch on their blogs about them needing more female, PoC, mentally/physically retarded leads
>Publishers/creators surprised when not only do those people not buy the books, but neither do longtime readers

Really makes you think.

nice starwman

If people didn't buy it they clearly didn't like it all that much

The idiot lives in Burbank which is, apparently, really expensive. Move to South Dakota or something if she's having such money troubles.

>South Dakota
But user, that's Shitlordland! It's full of white heterosexual people!

She didn't say that she didn't have money though. She probably makes money for those webcomics. The book didn't sell well enough to survive. She could have bought her own book to support herself

I love Hellcat
I don't read Hellcat

kek
We should start doing Kate Leth edits

we've been down this comfy road before.

>I am a Batman fan
>I don't read Batman

leads to

>I am a Kate Leth Hellcat fan
>I don't read Kate Leth's Hellcat

She's passively aggressively calling those faggots out, why imply otherwise?

and then user realized tumblr is a world of vocal posers.

Brilliant. Someone tweet it to her

Send it to her

do it

She has a day job and her patreon gets her $2,750 a month: patreon.com/kateleth

Gold.

>$2,750 a month
>for being an insufferable cunt
>meanwhile I seldom earn a thou

>Double dipping into Patreon when you already have employment in the industry

Literal fucking scum

These people make my blood boil

>people have been giving her even more money since the start of the year
why

>t.republican
He said internet, not mexicans you dope

>dude like, just move cross country on a whim if you have money trouble

If fools want to part with their money, that's their right. Not taking advantage of such willing rubes would result in greater financial stress so why not?

Its female privilege. The pink tax is counterbalanced by female letsplayers getting 8 grand to play LoL for 15 minutes because their tits are out

Jeph Jacques may want canuckle science to turn him into a pretty girl, but he's not one yet.

you saying leth made it sound stupid or user made it sound stupid? I'd agree on both, but I think user did it on purpose as a joke while Leth was torn between her capitalistic needs and ultra-liberal desires

Because no one wants to work with Ike.

in fairness I'm sure that there were people buying it but the fact is that hellcat's target audience is never gonna have the buying power that the average audience that normally buys comics

and that can generally apply to pretty much every book that's like hellcat.

Holy shit you're fucking retarded

Marvel doesn't do plans. That was Marvel Studios and they're just Disney now.

What Marvel does is hire anyone and everyone and throw everything at the wall until something sticks. Then they misunderstand why it stuck, try to shove what they think made it stick into every book, fail miserably, then reboot and start over.

>throw everything at the wall until something sticks. Then they misunderstand why it stuck, try to shove what they think made it stick into every book, fail miserably, then reboot and start over.

the rise & fall of ms. marvel in a nutshell

>She didn't say that she didn't have money though.
She constantly moans about not having money on twitter. Don't live outside your means.

Making around $2750 - $3500 (depending on how much she's making on her non-patreon work) a month will let you live half-decently in the part of Florida I live (outside Orlando on the east coast). $3500 a month in fucking Burbank or anywhere in California that's not Little Guadalajara is probably nothing.

She has steady income and a job that does not require her to be rooted to an expensive part of an expensive state. For someone like her it wouldn't be difficult.

kek, she'll never have money no matter how much she's earning. With her BPD she's mentally incapable of saving it.

3000 a month can get you a decent 1/1 or a crappy 2/2 in south florida but only if you don't have serious debt eating into that capital

rent also costs more than mortgage payments

I hate to say it but I often pirate because the way I see it, lets say a new [anime/comic/game] cost $20...I can use that $20 to buy that. OR I can get it for free on the internet and use the $20 to buy something else that I can't get for free on the internet, such as food/drink, clothes, kitchenware, etc. Or hell donate to poor (I do this sometimes too if I see one of the little boxes).

Sort of my thoughts on it.

You don't need to justify not paying for shit, just don't complain when those things you don't pay for underperform and get cancelled is all.

>Why would Marvel keep hiring these people if their books do so poorly they end up cancelled?

Virtue signaling

>wow I can't believe this person wants people to buy things that she sells, what an idiot am I right?

And after that you go on the internet and complain about how people stopped making stuff that you like.

Probably my purchase alone wouldn't stop a comic from going under. If it did I would buy the hell out of it just because I hate to see people lose work.

I think it's more laughing because nobody bought her shitty comic/laughing because she's realizing that the demographic that she's aiming for don't buy the stuff they praise.
She isn't the first writer to figure this out. Quite a few writers at Marvel have commented on how they people hyping their books up on social media for being progressive aren't actually buying the comic. I think KSD said something about how it's nice that the Carol Corps are dressing up like Captain Marvel and going to cons and getting tattoos, but they weren't buying the book so it amounted to nothing.

>such as food/drink, clothes, kitchenware, etc
Your mixing your money for entertainment with your money for food. Different budget.

>or hell donate to the poor
The poor don't do anything for that money, hell some are drunks and shit.

I'm in the same boat, especially with stuff like comics. The "pirate the first 5 and then buy it if you like it" is pretty much my stand by, especially since it's hard to get a grasp on whether or not I like a comic after just one issue.

see And I don't complain. Ultimately, I got it for free so there's no investment there and I know nothing lasts forever. The only thing I would complain about is if they cancelled the English translation of Oooku because I have been paying for that (because I can't find it for free on the internet past vol 7). Other than that I can't think of anything I would complain about.

Stuff has been getting cancelled at me all my life starting in Kindergarten they cancelled the Muppet Babies.

Probably because marvel doesn't have a, 2000ad style shipping department.

> people don't spend money on a product they don't like.

Really? Who could've predicted things would end this way.

But if everyone thinks like that...

So, basically, you believe you live in a bubble and everyone else's actions have consequences, BUT not yours.

Does she live in Burbank because that's where her job is, though? It might not be viable for her to move anywhere else if she's living there because that's where Marvel is right now.

It sounds really shit, but I remember contemplating working for CN at one point in my past until I realized I had to move to Burbank to do so. They wouldn't accept people applying if they didn't have living arrangements already for the area and you wouldn't be allowed to start without already living there. Companies that deal so much with art basically require you to show up to the office when you do things (I assume writing in comics might be different, but I'm going to guess they still want you around), if the part of Marvel she works for is situated in Burbank she may not have a choice in where she lives.

Just saying.

Can someone explain to me how Diamond's Monopoly works? I honestly don't know much about the industry, but people have told me that a lot of the comic industry's issues are a result of Diamond's stranglehold.

but shes clearly saying that people expressed a liking of the book, but just stopped buying it

Writers/artists can live anywhere in the world and turn their work in over the internet.

>Your mixing your money for entertainment with your money for food. Different budget.
I just have "heres all the money I have" budget, which gets stretched much further than it would if I was paying for all my entertainment instead of getting it for free. I also keep ~$1000 for savings every month (about how much left at the end of the month). (I live off my fiancees income though).

>The poor don't do anything for that money, hell some are drunks and shit.
Yeah but they need it more than I do, or most comic writers do for that matter. Like someone else mentioned, Kate Leth has a hefty patreon. Am I supposed to, in theory, be giving her my money when I can get those comic for free easily and others need it more? I don't know.

In the 90s it was determined in court that yes, Diamond did in fact have a monopoly on the distribution of comic books, but since they didn't have a monopoly on the distribution of all books, it was perfectly acceptable.

I know.

No I don't, but my actions are the only ones I have control over and they don't make a difference in this situation. A mass of people would make a difference. But I don't control the mass. I only control myself and what is best for myself. And my money goes further when I get it for free off the internet. My money goes much shorter buying something and that doesn't help it stay uncancelled either.

Well shit.

just post the Arcade page already

Diamond makes the drugs, the store sells the drugs on the corner. Whatever drugs the corner store can't sell are on them. If they want new drugs to sell they have to hit Diamond up with the money up front.

It's like an episode of the wire but it's 1000X longer and it's fucking crippling an industry.

that's one of the problems with the "progressive" market of consumers. They will stop giving money as soon as something else comes along. They just hop from ban wagon to an wagon.

Are you positive about that? Or is that just you SAYING that that's possible. Because the company might not agree with that. If Marvel wants their employees living near their building than artists and writers better be ready to move for it. Like I said, CN is a writer/artist situation, but they require everyone on staff to show up and work 9-5 together, often more than that even. There's a lot within professional art that is way harder on your own than with others, and knowing Marvel's system I can totally see them wanting to bundle their artists and writers up in the same area all at once.

>There is a sizeable group of outspoken comic book critics that have a very distinct idea about what comic books should be despite not willing to spend the time actually reading comic books. When you try to point that out, they call you a "gatekeeper."

The best part about that is that the critics are literally getting their buddies hired and put on books, while still simultaniously railling about how there's so much oppression in the industry.

Sure, but she isn't just a random fan on the street. She's working for the biggest comic journalisim website on the internet, being paid for her opinions, and also in the same comic giving very specific opinions on what's wrong with the comic she isn't reading.

Budget your money better like a real ass adult and quit taking things you don't deserve and living off a surrogate parent, you fucking child.

>Little Guadalajara
holy shit... there's a little guadalajara!

>>Are you positive about that?

How is what that user said upsetting you so much? Plenty of writers and artists live far from the respective companies they work for and still manage to turn in scripts and pages with ease. Frank Quitely lives in a shack in the middle of nowhere and he still manages it.