You've got to be kidding me

heatst.com/entertainment/yale-herald-slams-samurai-jack-for-homophobia-sexism-and-cultural-appropriation/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well at least the author of the article reporting it doesn't buy into it

>Just as Samurai Jack’s protagonist is old and tired in the latest season, so too are the arguments the Yale Herald raises against it.

Heatstreet is the greatest heel of our generation.

Stop giving them attention.

They are literally feeding off of the attention.

Bravo Yale students

Stop posting Heat Street bait posts here k thx

Samurai Jack really is cultural appropriation, though, just like Avatar. It's folly to deny it.

Sounds like the autistic shit you autist also flood this board with

outrage baitposting should be a bannable offense

if they are yale students, it must be true.

>Taking clickbait blog articles seriously and posting them here as if anyone should care

Everybody with a functional brain should've learnt not to do this several years ago honestly.

>sjw's bitch about something popular for the sake of bitching
Call me when something new happens

>a group of young adults somewhere said something about a popular fictional character being gay/trans/racist/homophobic
This is not even news

>Caring about some Literally Who's opinions on a kids' cartoon
Come back here when you develop some thicker skin, fag

>cultural appropriation
>real
Tumblr pls go, the closest thing we've seen to cultural appropriation in this day and age are black """"historians""""" claiming Egyptians, Jews, Japanese, and Native Americans were all black.

agreed
trolling is against the global rules after all

They sound like Sup Forums shitposters.

Cultural appropriation is literally just taking aspects of another culture and using (appropriating) them for some media/work of art. Nothing to do with historical revisionism necessarily.

Fuck both of you, I want to stay up to date on this SJW stuff, and where the fuck else am I going to find this?

heel?

>first Wendy, now this
>Heatstreet, again
This website is really desperate for clicks from Sup Forums today, huh?

Welcome, Jack, to the 21st century.

Whenever I read articles like this, I just imagine the female versions of these guys

Go to Sup Forums Sup Forums or Sup Forums where you can see people post this exact stuff every single 10 minutes.

Remember when Yale students were snobby WASPS, and apl.they did was become lawyers, doctors, scientists, and business tycoons?

Go shill this shitty site somewhere else faggot.

And middle class white millennials on tumblr are the only one who consider cultural appreciation a bad thing so who gives a shit?

On Sup Forums-related topics? Don't make me laugh, Sup Forums thinks Sup Forums is degeneracy, and Sup Forums and Sup Forums hate Sup Forums by definition.

Everyone should, because millennials are literally the future. (And it's certainly not just the white ones.)

He's... not disagreeing with you, lad. He's just saying that's what it is.

Hell, saying someone is "tech guru" is cultural appropriation. This isn't a bad thing, it's literally inevitable and has been going on since the dawn of cultures. Why people are upset about it's existence is beyond me.

>I want to stay up to date on this SJW stuff, and where the fuck else am I going to find this
On tumblr and reddit A.K.A. where you belong.

Why do you WANT to get worked up? Despite what the internet says, this shit is actually really fucking pointless.

Ye.
Now you have too many sob-stories getting in.
The issue isn't that racism isn't an issue in the world but you have Social studies and humanities departments bloated with 1000 dumbfucks all being detectives on the same case of whodunnit.
Colleges were never meant to cater to this many normies

I've never seen anything like this on either site desu. Must be hard to find.

Appropriating refers to make sth. one's own, which in turn denies ownership to anybody else.

You don't hinder anyone, Japanese or otherwise, from making stories about samurais in a post-apocalyptic setting. What IS appropriation, or at least an attempt, was Disney's attempt at buying the Day of the Dead, because that's stamping a ™ on it, which prevents anybody else from even writing down the term freely.

Explain to me how Samurai Jack has anything to do with Homophobia, Sexism, and what the fuck is Cultural Appropriation?

I don't understand. I

I don't get it, as long as the cultural appropriation isn't replacing the culture it's appropriating (and 90% of the time it isn't) I don't see why morons should complain.

They're just fans of Aku.

Think about it, an amorphous agendered shapeshifter who crushes all dissent and free speech while enforcing an open borders policy that gives sanctuary to every alien criminal in the galaxy.

Aku's an SJW.

Not worked up, I want to stay up to date with the trends because I live in an SJW extremist area and it's almost literally dangerous if I don't do so and blurt out something politically incorrect, say.

That's cultural representation you twit

>Appropriating refers to make sth. one's own, which in turn denies ownership to anybody else.

That's stealing, not appropriating.

>unironically recomending tmblr and leddit
both are leftie cocksuck forums, with the former being a hugbox. There's no where else.

It's only Representation when PoCs of Colour do it.

This
Appropriation really only applies to strict situations where you legitimately prevent an original owner from partaking in a cultural event.
Coachella girls wearing Native American costumes has never affected the legal ability for actual native Americans to wear them to a Pow Wow

College students think that "discomfort" is some all-demanding force

Cultural Appropriation is when a FUCKING WHITE MALE attempts to enjoy something from another culture IE eating chinese food

nigger historians. Dont group up blacks with them

Reddit has some pretty badass un-PC subreddits, though.

I hate free speech so I'm mad they are expressing an opinion different from mine

I can't handle people having conversations about difficult topics with no clear cut answers

>ap·pro·pri·a·tion
>əˌprōprēˈāSH(ə)n/
>noun
>1. the action of taking something for one's own use, typically without the owner's permission

Savage

You should go back there and stay

Lawyers and business tycoons cause way more harm than someone whining about cartoons.

Why the fuck do you care?
Get hit by a truck faggot

>Wealthy White elitists tell other people what is and isn't racist

oh wow jeez. Please keep telling me what to think, tweed jacket fascists.

Wrestling term. A "Bad Guy" but on purpose.

wow what assholes

Assuming cultural appropriation is a problem is the real problem.

Cultures grow through exchanges and unique perspectives. Most of the food you eat is the result of ingredients/cultures being exchanged over history.

Samurai Jack does rely on utilizing other cultures (look at all the random warriors from ancient cultures) but it's not from a place of hate or harm. So it's all good. Like Salmon in sushi (Norway + Japan).

Why does Reddit trigger you so much, user? Could it be because they're right about Sup Forums being a cesspool of idiotic anons like yourself?

The Japanese did not create animation.

Anime is cultural appropriation.

Stealing is a form of appropriation. The core concept is making something yours and nobody else. If something can be used publicly, it cannot be appropriation, and Samurai Jack doesn't prevent anyone from writing about samurai, ruined futures or shape-shifting demonlords.

That doesn't make sense? If we're using wresting terms, Heatstreet would be the face.

Nobody cares about ancient history you twat. It's modern cultural appropriation that's inappropriate.

Kill yourself, please.

Anime is literally the Japanese appropriating Disney style animatiom

>ancient
>animation

kek

>Insults other websites for being hugboxes
>Only wants certain people who share his views browsing """"his"""" site

I wish Japan would stop culturally appropriating western culture with Full Metal Alchemist and One Piece

Wow rude

downvoted

Most sjws are actually fucking white males.

60 years ago maybe. That shit is practically irrelevant.

You don't live here and have no idea what it's like to have to watch your every word or end up jobless and on the streets, so STFU.

tread/

Did anyone actually read the full thing?

This post works both ways.

Yeah, we should stop bitching about the past.

That's appropriating black culture.

That might have been three to five years ago. Now black pansexual college girls are part of this ridiculous game as well.

Oh you

That is stupid.

Yeah.

Best part:

>“Scaramouche, with his flamboyant dress and mannerisms which include ending every sentence with ‘babe,’ reads as somewhat tone deaf and homophobic,” declares Yale Herald writer Sam Kruyer. It’s only that way if you choose to project your own ideas of gay men onto the character. Viewers have noted that Scaramouche is more akin to Sammy Davis Jr. and other flamboyant jazz musicians.

Spot on.

The author is projecting their own biases while displaying an incredible lack of historical knowledge.

How the fuck did the author get into Yale? Must be a legacy admission, or Yale's standards have seriously dropped.

That is legitimately what sjw's believe, I've seen these fucking people bitching that you can buy Indian spice and Asian noodles in the grocery store.

They're both fantasy stories that have no direct connection to any real life culture.

JACK ISN'T PINK
DON'T
CALL
ANYBODY

Did you seriously assume his gender?! Its 2017 for crying out loud

>Sam Kruyer
A fucking white male?

>or Yale's standards have seriously dropped
At this point Yale is basically a daycare for adults like pretty much every other university, afirmative action is a hell of a drug.
youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js

They want to stop creativity and lodge people into cultural niches forever in the name of diversity. That's pretty fucked up

It used to be used for when someone was appropriating shallow cultural caricatures for marketing purposes. Now its used to tell certain people they're not allowed to participate in activities, art or beliefs outside their own culture. Re-branded segregation.

The creators of both shows have admitted the deep influence of Asian cultures on them, in case it wasn't already obvious. Fuck off.

My college isn't anything like that.

Which is probably because it's filled with working class kids and immigrants, not with trust fund kiddies who have nothing serious to worry about in life.

Nothing but bored rich kids' rants

It will change soon, trust me. No educational institution is safe from this.

Threads like these should be banned, fuck off OP

Wrong, appropriation is specifically a more powerful race taking aspects from an oppressed or minority race.

there is no such thing as cultural appropriation.

Bait

>What is freedom of speech?

>t. Yale graduate
I'm sorry you got a worthless degree from a useless university. You were probably too young to know at the time.

freedom of speech doesn't exist on Sup Forums. mods ban speech all the fucking time.

They're basically going full circle, they call minorites "people of color" now (coloreds), they basically want to bring back segregation, etc.

Of course this irony that they're basically trying to undo all the strives toward being less racist (genuinely racist, not tumblrs version of it) we've made in the last half century is completely lost on them.

irelevant in a private owned space, leftard. And that include the entiere internet.