Who is your favorite Batman villain and why ?

Who is your favorite Batman villain and why ?

strawpoll.me/12831051

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_V5139qnQpk
youtube.com/watch?v=HzOeVQ2kQ58
youtube.com/watch?v=bhbyKbeDW1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bane, I'm a hardcore doc savage fan.

> Mr. Freeze (dcau)
> Two-Face (in general)
> The Joker (endgame)
> The Joker (nolan)
> Poison Ivy (in general)
> Charaxus

It'd be easier to ask what is your favorite incarnation of a particular villain.

Adding...
> The Court of Owls
> Arrakhat

Voting for the big guy

Penguin. I like his pretentious attitude and behind the scenes dickery.

I love his character and how versatile he can be in ways that characters like Joker and Bane are not allowed to be. I like him as a fun swashbuckling rogue, or a disgusting and perverted crook or a tragic and uncouth monster.
I like him because his appearence and lack of powers has always challenged writers to work extra hard to find ways to make him interesting or menacing (even if it didn't always work). I like his mannerisms and how he distinguishes himself from the rest of the villains.

Penguin will always be my favorite.

>Scarecrow is leading
Sometimes you guys are allright

I never realised until being forced to choose my favourite of these guys just how indifferent I am to almost all of them.

I think I may not care about Batman, Sup Forums. Hold me.

>No KGBeast, Magpie or Lord Death Man
guess ill have to go for Bane or Harley then

Go away Dini.

As a child I saw the repeats of the 1960's Batman show and the villain I immediately liked best was the Riddler. He was energetic, nuts, but genuinely having fun playing a game with crime and forcing others to play by his rules in following clues.

At a later time when I got into comics I saw a much better fleshed-out version of the character, but the basic principle of what makes him tick was intact. His approach to life, while a bit demented, stuck with me in that breaking rules and making your own can be a perfect answer to a problem.

>Bane has 4 votes

Look I'm not saying Firefly is my favorite but he atleast deserves to be on the list

youtube.com/watch?v=_V5139qnQpk

Bane.

>Born essentially to die
>Against all odds survived through pure will
>Self taught himself through smuggled in books instead of drugs and weapons
>Trained his body to peak perfection with the simplest of tools
>Was so undeterred that the warden's greatest efforts to break him were futile
>Became a beacon of hope for Santa Prisca
>Not only survived a lab test essentially meant to kill him, but used it to his advantage
>Took over the prison and fought for his freedom

Then skip to after Knightfall
>Meditates for days on end and breaks his Venom addiction
>Trains himself to become stronger than he ever was, even on Venom
>Becomes recognized by Rah's Al Ghul as being the second most dangerous man he had ever met, and even outsmarts him

Bane is a fantastic character that is bogged down constantly by people not recognizing how interesting he is. They always act like he's just really strong or some low level assassin.

>Scarecrow has nearly a fourth of the votes

You have done well Sup Forums

I like his schtick about being an adrenaline junky who's sole purpose in life is to spook people in new and interesting ways. Plus of Batman's rogues I think he has some real potential to grow but any character development has been squandered near instantly

youtube.com/watch?v=HzOeVQ2kQ58

Did they ever expand on Crane being in the Sinestro Corps? That could make for one hell of a GL villain.

Nope. He got a one shot during Blackest Night and then lost his ring to Lex Luthor immediately in the next issue in the event.

I can just imagine him in the bowels of Ranx using the ring to conjure up some cosmic horror for some rookie GL to experience. Its a shame.

Professor Pyg has more votes than Harley, kek.

>contrarians and special snowflakes give killer moth more votes than Killer fucking Croc

Kek fuck off. I'm actually glad he died in Injustice this wee know.

I voted for Croc.

Why can't Waylon just be happy?

Mostly for the play on them being a Mob Boss their Doll

It was hard to pick between deadshot and bane.

Honestly if I didn't vote for Penguin I would have voted for Croc.
He is really underrated.

Pyg is pretty good. One of the best Batvillains to have come out in recent years.

Having an absolute shit design does not do him any favors. Remove him away from just being a copy of the lizard, and then we'll talk.

>That JL episode where Scarface was the one lobotomized.

>Scarecrow is winning
You've done good. When I created this poll I expected Joker and Bane to be on top but I'm pleasantly surprised with how many people voted for Scarecrow and Penguin.

Since plenty of you seem to be fans of him, what is your recommended reading for him ? I haven't read many Scarecrow stories but I really like him on TNBA and the Arkham games.

Most villains for batman are pretty meh
When it comes to villains that actually challenge batman and are interesting to read, my favs are the court, azrael, ghul, superman, and especially the falcones and other crime families

Messed up the spoiler but whatever

>Condiment King has more votes than Harley

Don't kid yourself, most of the people that voted don't read comics, they just voted Scarecrow because they liked the edgy concept of someone using hallucinogenic fear gas.

>Scarecrow and Riddler being this far ahead

Don't get me wrong, Scarecrow is cool, but have they ever actually been in any story worthwhile? I feel like people pick Riddler to be contrarian, and Scarecrow because of his gimmick.

>I feel like people pick Riddler to be contrarian
Does it occur to you that plenty of us genuinely like the Riddler ?
Some of us actually do remember when Batman's rogues gallery didn't just boil down to the Joker.
Shit, guess I'm a contrarian then, should have voted for Harley.

What exactly is edgy about the fear gas ?
Scarecrow wasn't even the first to use it.

>a fun swashbuckling rogue
Examples of this kind of characterization for him? I'm into it, but I don't think I've seen it.

My only issue with Lord Death Man is that he should be an actual skeleton and not just a fleshman in a mask. He really needs to be in more adaptations.

Two-Face, he's the most tragic.

Catwoman's my favorite character on that list, but it's a tossup as far as actual villains. Joker, Penguin, and Ivy kind of bore me. Riddler and Scarecrow are pretty alright.

>No Orca

I'm kidding, Orca's trash. I like Lord Death Man, though.

Kite-Man!

I voted Pyg, but I'd go for Hush if you included him. Something about making himself look like Bruce out of spite really shows how messed up he is.

hell yeah

He'll always have Seinfeld reruns.

I'm so presently surprised Scarecrow is winning, always was and will be my favorite Batman villian. Superficially I've always been a sucker for the spooky "Halloween" themed villian, but intellectually I think his a great mirror for Batman's usage of fear, Batman tries to be different and use fear for the good of people, But Scarecrow is there is remind him how easily fear is turned against him and used to manipulate people, even Batman himself. I love the stories where he removes people's ability to fear, showcasing how important fear is to human survival. He's creepy and clearly takes pleasure in dominating and manipulating, but he's still a scientist at heart and always trying to think of new ways to utalze and explore the vast emotion of fear. at He's a character with a lot of potential that gets cast aside to wank off on the Joker. I've always rejected the idea the Joker is some how the scariest villain, because lets be real, meeting any of these guys in a dark alley is gonna be equally terrifying.

youtube.com/watch?v=bhbyKbeDW1w
This is my favorite Scarecrow plan that I've seen. Simple, yet so very effective and appropriate.

How tho?

ha that was cute. Crane needs a spooky cute henchgirl

>Superficially I've always been a sucker for the spooky "Halloween" themed villian
Who else we got? Green Goblin, for one

Hobgoblin (like him more then green as a kid cause of the animation) and Jack O Lantern.

Me too. Carrey was a letdown.

I love all of Batman's rogue's, but I think we can all agree on who the worst is.

What's wrong with him? Only seen him in Under the Red Hood but he was fun.

He was pretty fun in the 2000 Catwoman run.

>Riddler winning
There is justice in this world.

Gotta go with my man, Harvey.

I like the idea of The Riddler, but I'm not sure I've ever actually read any Riddler stories. Just seen him in '66, TAS, and the video games.

Are there good Riddler comic recs?

Poison Ivy is my favorite, but that doesn't really count because she's also my second favorite comic character period. Scarecrow is my next choice.

Riddler can't do anything in an edgy environment

He was the villain with yellow ring powers in the two issues of Green Lanterns had Batman. I don't think he still has a ring after them, though.

>all of these edgy contrarians not voting the joker even though he's objectively the best villain

Fuck, here's the thing. Even saying this is a spoiler, but to tell you what one of the riddler's greatest stories is would be to spoil it at the same time.

Catwoman When in Rome has him as the masterminded behind everything and gives him a really fun personality. There's also his issue of Joker's Asylum or whatever that series was called. Don't read that one if you dislike hard riddles, though.

I like Deadshot the most, just not as a Batman villain.

One that's pretty balls to the wall is Dark Knight, Dark City. There's more to it than just Riddler though.

>Joker is the non-edgy choice guise!

Poll wasn't "who is the most overused Batman villain".

Ventriloquist

I used to find him funny as a kid, then i realised how creepy is a man killing people, controlling a gang and abusing himself while not realizing that he was the one doing all this

I remenber that issue of "No Man's Land" where is explained that he wasted his food by feeding Scarface before himself, for some reason that disturbed me a lot

Bane>>>>>>Scarecrow>>>>>Mr Freeze>>>>>All others

My favourite is Mr Freeze because i watched Btas when I was a child.

I think the best is Killer Moth, though he is criminally underused. He is like Bizarro Batman.

>Well socialized adult criminal decides he just hates batman so much that FUCK THAT GUY, dresses up in a bright costume based on an animal he kind of likes, makes own high tech arsenal and mothcave inspired by articles about batman, creates a billionaire playboy fake persona that becomes one of Bruce Waynes best friends, gives gothams criminals infra-red handheld mothsignals to call him in if batman shows up.

Nowadays it's impossible to really find examples of this because this is a thing from the campy era of Batman and because modern writers seem unable to appreciate the novelty of a short fat man with an umbrella matching blows with Batman, which is why Penguin is just stuck in the Iceberg Lounge doing nothing, but most of the older Penguin comics (pre-crisis) depict him as this.
Penguin used to be written as kind of a gentleman adventurer gone rogue, someone who loved to stage elaborate heists to steal jewelry, fence or shoot with his umbrellas and run away (usually on a giant bird or a bird-like contraption).
Batman TAS also had this characterization for the character and they added several things to it like his design and tragedy from the movie as well as usage of more superfluous and sophisticated language that he had a poor grasp of, as well as playing up his pompous demeanor and his love for birds. There's even a TAS comic where he stages a robbery in a zoo for the sole purpose of freeing all the caged birds because he felt sorry for them.

Dent all the way. To me, he is more sympathetic than most of the others, and possibly one of the few that has a good chemistry with both Bat and Bruce.

There is no villain that needs to go into hibernation for at least half a decade like Joker. Force writers to be creative with the immensely colorful and creative cast of Batman's rogues. And when Joker comes back out he better not be the hyper edgy piece of garbage Morrison started.

Sounds good, I'll watch some of his BTAS episodes as a start, thanks.

>pretty fun
Remind me never to come to game night at your house, user.

Detective Comics Annual #6, "Questions Multiply the Mystery"

shit, that should be #8, my bad.

Firefly isn't even on the list.