10 episodes

>10 episodes
>adult-oriented
So state your bets will it be Netflix, Adult Swim, HBO or other?
Will it actually fucking happen this time or fall through?
Will it be actually good?
What kind of format will we be getting

22 min Netflix show

Not Netflix unless they get another studio to put it there. Dreamworks were huge pussies because the show was "too dark." Maybe they were afraid that kids would watch it but they could've at least rated it TV MA.

I bet Adult Swim.
It will probably happen.
It'll be good, but in such a way that most people don't "get" it.
Format will be 11-minute episode experimental musical extravaganza.

Adult Swim. Right after Samurai Jack ends.

The new album is pretty good, but as expected is very guest-heavy. i've always wanted a Gorillaz cartoon since I was a kid, but I'm especially glad we're getting it at a point where their music has so much emphasis on the guests, so we can focus on the band themselves again.

I'm guessing that each episode will be it's own thing, so a platform like Netflix where every episode comes out the same time makes sense to me at least if that's the direction they're going for.

>end of samurai jack
>new FLCL
>maybe a gorillas tv show

Would [as] be this much of a madman?

>10 episode mini-series
Most likely Adult Swim.

Aside from the album, I'm glad that they're really pushing the band to the forefront in this Phase. Lots of character interviews and animated ads are helping, but the show will help reaffirm the animated side of the band.

it'd be some literally who cable tv channel with their own studio (without the budget or to do it justice) or netflix with heavy production assistance.

>Netflix
>maybe
>maybe
>likely a half-hour (TV runtime) series

I want 22 minutes of waifu

I'm not sure Adult Swim has the budget for a Gorillaz tv show.

I wonder what kind of animation will they will use. Gorillaz use both 2D and CGI animation for their music videos.

>mfw people actually believe this won't just be stuffed on MTV on a late Wednesday night time block.

5 minute clips on hulu, or some shit. You know it's too good to be true.

my big question is [as] big enough?
Like as far as a platform goes?
My bet was either a streaming site, Amazon and Netflix come to mind. Some mobile partnership thing is a possibility (can't remember whose bundled up with their app). HBO does streaming too?

Still cool news. Hope it happens.

Why didn't this happen 10 years ago?

I hope that it'll be good. I'm guessing that it'll be on [adult swim] since Toonami used to air Gorillaz videos, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it got picked up by a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon or even Hulu.
Also, fun fact: Dave Chapelle was originally supposed to appear on the song Momentz, but Damon decide to replace him with De La Soul.

Gorilaz stopped being relevant eons ago.

It worked, I'm back in 2001!

>adult-oriented
I don't feel like seeing Murdoc's penis again, thanks.

So...... what could this possibly be about? Like, just wacky adventures or something?

Why does Sup Forums hate Gorillaz?

this would have been cool as shit like fucking 12 years ago.

Sup Forums hates everything mainstream. Except for mainstream hiphop, for some reason.

nah, they like Gorillaz, but this last album was a disappointment

It doesn't help that the main driving point of creating Humanz songs was literally "react to politics" which is really fucking dumb unless you're a rapper.

Adult Swim seems like the perfect place to put it since their all about promoting both experimental and artist driven music and animation. That said I'm not sure if they can afford Gorrilaz not to mention the Metalocalypse controversy has given them a bad reputation of sorts.

So my money's on Netflix.

To be fair, that's exactly how Demon Days was created and that album was tight as fuck.

I think that's what's the problem more then anything. It feels like a Diet Demon Days, though not quite as depressing.

I actually think this would make a great fit for Toonami.

Pretty sure they're making adult-oriented and animated George Washington and Castlevania shows.

>MTV
>Animation