Infamous Iron Man #7 storytime

Time for your weekly dose of Bendis

So much Bendispeak.
Why are they so surprised about Doom going straight anyway? Bendis seems to have forgotten all those times Doom went straight or pretended to go straight, like in Hickman and Robinson's runs.

Has Doom ever actually teamed up with most of these guys?

This has to be a joke.

>You were with me a couple of months ago
Months ago? The Hood's band disbanded in 2010 and only a few months have passed in-universe despite two recent 8 month time-skips?

Also forgot to mention, looks like The Hood somehow got his powers back again. How long before he loses them?

This is Bendis, he makes jokes, but to him Bendispeak isn't intended as a joke, it's just how he thinks real people talk.

Remember that time The Thing tried to murder the Wrecker only to be stopped by The Sentry? And then the Wrecker broke out of prison and murdered a bus full of kindergarteners to "prove a point" which lead to Ben hating the Sentry forever?

>These were big-leaguers
Weird how Bendis has a tendency to dismiss and insult actual big league villains, yet here he's acting like the Slug and a guy with razors for hands are big-league.

Why does Bendis keep having the Crusader hang out with villain gatherings? It's OOC for a religious nutjob like him.

Good to see The Wrecker caring about his Crew. They're like family to him. It's why he tolerates Thunderball's constant rebellions.

>The biggest costumed criminal take-downs in the history of costumed criminal take-downs
I know for a fact that's not true, in fact I'm pretty sure Bendis himself has written bigger take-downs.

Here we go...Where a bunch of old school villians start to act and behave like a bunch of teenagers and preschoolers.

Thanks, Bendis!

The one they trusted to never be on the other side
The master planer who knows all their secrets
Now he is against them and they didn't see it coming
>our worst nightmare
Secret Empire of DOOM

>Benjamin
>I'm sorry
This is actually a pretty big deal coming from Doom.

It would have been nice if he'd also mentioned that he misses Valeria. She was like the daughter he never had to him.

I wonder if Waid's Avengers will adress the Doom and the Baxter Building thing too.

Ben has met so many evil alternate versions of Reed that I doubt he'll fall for this one.

And that's that, hope you enjoyed
Next time: Doctor Doom vs Ultimate Doctor Doom

>big leaguers
on a page showing a Brother Grimm, fake Constrictor, Razorfist and Jigsaw

He never cared about character development. Anyone who was "villian" stays a villian prop in his hands. Back, when the radioactive man reformed in the Thunderbolts and went back to china as a People's hero, in the next issue of avengers under Bendis, he was unexplicably back in New York robbing banks.....just because.

Though, I guess it is hilarious when another writer tries to fill in the "blanks" , like Spencer.

Scourge of the Underworld would beg to differ.

Did somebody made a count of all the jabs Bendis ever took to Slott?
Is that friendly banter or does he genuinely hate him?

>I saw he killed all of 'em
Something about the way he said that irks me.

for one second, I thought it was Jamie Madrox

He killed Jigsaw, Slug, Constrictor, and about 5 other guys I have not seen since the 90's at least. Most of them were street level at best.

I had no idea Deathwatch was even alive in current Marvel.

Me too. Is the shirt that does it

And he didn't even actually kill any of them, Wrecker is just a moron.

This would have been hype a few years ago.

Now? Not so much.

I think this is actually pretty good. Stuff is happening, dialogue is good enough except for some spots, and it seems like some interesting stuff is happening.

Bendis has free reign to do pretty much whatever he wants, except when it comes to Slott. He also refused to do tie-ins for anything Spider-Man related that Slott is heading, like Spider-Verse and Clone Conspiracy.

Bendis legitimately doesn't understand time in comic books. Someone storytimed his Daredevil a few months back, and it had a "one year later" time skip, and fucked up timescales for characters HE CREATED. That White Tiger he made was apparently babysat by Danny Rand when she was a kid, but looks to be the same age as him in the "present day."

You know, call me crazy, but... is Bendis actually trying here? He doesn't exactly have Vics speech pattern down, but he's not being written like the usual Bendis-Verse caricature.

Say whatever you like, but I wouldn't mind this title continuing. It's rather good. Slow, and not really a "DOOM"-Solo, but it's good. It's got atmosphere, good art... it's good.

Based asshole thing

Ultimate reed

Ultimate Reed eventually became Ultimate Doctor Doom.

If there's one thing I'm glad about Bendis ignoring things, it's that.

Come to think of it I think everyone ignored that story since it wasn't included with the Siege collection IIRC.

Save a copy of this, another artist that thinks bullets look like their casing when fired.

I have to agree, I sense some effort here. Although he's still using his goddamnawful decomp style.

It's still a very jarring image of Doom. He's even acting... Merciless Darkseid, Doom is being humble!

And yet I don't hate it. Why is that? I think I'll just keep on watching and see where it goes.

Cloak is one of those guys, who pretend, that he was a bully back in school, who took the lunch-money from nerds, just because he wants to hide the secret, that bullies took his lunch-money, when he was in school.

I didn't give it much thought, I guess it doesn't trigger me, but it's still annoying.

I'm guessing that he does that because he doesn't trust the reader to identify little plain lumps of metal as bullets.

Bendis does take jabs at Slott and vice versa, I think Slott did do a comic where Sue made a comment to Ben about how the Avengers seem to do nothing but sit around and eat food, or something like that.

And of course there was the CW2 summit where Bendis was referring to the dead hero as Peter Parker to get a rise out of Slott but it wasn't working.

Why is it allways the wrecking crew, who has to be that one group of useless villains? I can tell you from 7 comics within the last 4 years, where they became some expandable group, just to proof the power of the protagonist/s.

Yeah, decompression side, Bendis is approaching this with respect for the main characters.

Doom saying sorry sounds just... wrong, but I think he actually handled it well. He still used his aristocratic type of speech, but he seemed genuine. And it makes sense. The guy became God and then the Universe told him "let it go dude, Reed's just better at this".

And honestly, as time went on, Doom just became an anti-vilain/hero instead of a full villain, which is why us Doomfags hate unthinkable/Waid's run. And I prefer the version of the guy who wants to do good, but he's too much of a fucking asshole and petty hater, that he sabotazes himself. So when he finally achieves his goal of becoming master of everything, it's logical to see things differently.
A different writer, during a different era of Marvel, would've probably turned out a defining run, much like Lucifer using that premise, but still Bendis is actually putting an effort. He's trying, and it shows. The book's good. It's nost classic capeshit, but it works.

Well, they kicked Atlas' ass in that last thunderbolts issue.

VICTOR VON DOOM'S GONE STRAIGHT!
Victor Von Doom?
THE Doctor Doom, of Doctor Doom fame?
THIS guy I could see doing that.
Hey!
But Doom?
THE Doctor Doom?
Yeah, he JUST said.
Guys, I'm not--I'm not LYING.

>Jigsaw
>big league

I could beat the hell out of this loser. Man, the Punisher killed ALL of them and many more in Secret Wars #0

>Armadillo
Wasn't he beat up in a few other recent books? Is he the Wolverine of villain teams?

"Imbecile Peter Parker"? Hey, it's better than others like Alchemax or Roxxon would have done to it!!! If there's an imbecile here, it is you, Doom!!!

Quite ironic, don't you think? A good Doom fighting an evil Reed. Logically, Doom will win this time because Reed is the bad guy; and I'm pretty sure he will realize he's not the Reed he knows.

I wonder if Doom will see in this evil Reed the same errors of his own ways and make him realize what a fool he is.

What do they know about Reed and Sue? I mean..they cant remember SW.

>First page
>Already getting fucking nauseous from Bendisspeak
Jesus Christ someone fire that hack

Yep.

We all miss them.

Doom knows, since he remembers everything. Ben, I don't know, it hasn't been revealed. Maybe he and Johnny think they all died during the Incursions, dunno. But Doom does remember. I don't know who else, though. The Molecule Man for sure, and maybe the Maker as well.

The Hood gang all over again. Among these guys there're villains who could stand on their own againts A-List superheroes of have a genius level intellect (Living Laser, fucking Wizard), and professionals with government background (crossfire) yet they're all portrayed like fucking retards that can barely string together two sentences without tripping on their own words.

All throught his New Avengers, he had them throw themselves against the heroes like an aimless mob, as if they were Hand-fodder with slightly sillier costumes, and never even attempted to explore what an actual formidable force such a massive platoon of superpowered asshole could be.

It's this kind of glaring inability to actually come up with something fun that makes me hate the guy.

Yes, in one of the Civil War II new avenger comics, the maker said, that he can remember all, even molecule man, who slized him.

my god the faces

Idk if Evil Reed will lose, because Reed hasn't exactly lost as of yet. It's probably gonna end in some stalemate with Victor coming out worse in the aftermath.

I wouldn't say it triggers me but its hard not to notice once you're aware of it.

Like... I once told a friend how amazing it is that the lawns in the Walking Dead are always mowed, guess that the zombies like to keep up appearances too. Now they can't *not* see it and it ruins the show for them. Should've just shut my mouth.

Agreed. Bendis just doesn't know how to handle big villain groups like this since he barely knows how to handle individual villains.

>Razorfist
>Constrictor
>Swordsman
>Jigsaw
>big league

Yeesh, c'mon Bendis

Same

He's been used a lot recently, don't know why (in the early FalCap issues and in Riri's book, for instance)

DUDE THOR VILLAINS LMAO
THIS NEW GUY/GAL CAN WRECK THE WRECKING CREW? BUT THEY CAN TAKE ON THOR
THOOOOOOOOOR

T'Challa also knows.

>Why does Bendis keep having the Crusader hang out with villain gatherings?
I haven't read Miles' book, but a friend of mine told me there was an issue where Bombshell was beating a bunch of street level idiots and ANNIHILUS. I know Bendis doesn't care about anything others write, but considering how much of a threat that dick was (and with Spencer "BIGGER THAN THE ANNIHILATION WAVE") this was pretty much over the line for me.

What I mean with this is: don't trust Bendis to know a character's powers or history or anything if he didn't create them. He doesn't care and never will.

Still bothers me that the Wizard doesn't have his helmet.

>I haven't read Miles' book, but a friend of mine told me there was an issue where Bombshell was beating a bunch of street level idiots and ANNIHILUS

That story happened right after that Waidvengers story where everyone (including Miles) got beat up by Annihilus, so it felt like some kind of petty revenge that Miles and Bombshell beat him in a single panel in Miles's own series.

And then he was made into a total bitch in the last issue of Bendis's GotG.

Given his track record Waid will probably write Doom as a lot more evil and arrogant than Bendis is.

>Doctor-- BOOM

This was funny

I was thinking about the Illuminati's book, but that other guy wasnt in it, not that i can remember