The Mighty Thor #18 storytime

Guest-starring everyone's favorite character Quentin Quire! Jason Aaron is giving the people what they want!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Has Quentin Quire been in any X-Books recently?

Kind of weird how Kid Gladiator was shown hanging out at the Xavier Institute in X-Men Gold this week.

Nobody cares.
Fuck off with this garbage.
If you're just going for maximum cringe, post Squirrel Girl or America Chavez.

Poor Rachel Grey, nobody wants her help.

Fuck off mate. If user wants to storytime Thor then let him do it in peace.

Thanks user

Then he should story time Thor, not this nuThor garbage.

Nice face there, She-Thor

>garbage
How about you fuck off, Fem Thor has been plenty decent aside from the Titana issue.
Worst case scenario, it's worth story timing for the art.

RAGNAROK comes out too slowly.

We get it, you hate this book but not everyone hates it solely because NOT MUH THOR

I thought they were going for "she got extra points because the Shiar people now prefer Thor and she's so noble and selfless" but this works too I guess.

And so Gladiator finally grows a spine.

I do actually like Quentin Quire though, he's an enjoyable little shit.

So the Phoenix is in this book, in Thanos AND is going to play a major part in Jean Grey's upcoming book. It's a busy bird.

>Just make love in the ashes for a few billion years

I just think that Quire feels out of place and forced in this book, he's clearly only here because he's Aaron's pet.

Wait, wasn't Shadrak God of Bombs? Pretty sure that was how Gorr managed to make the God bomb in the 1st place.

Oh yeah, and the Mangog is coming too.

wasn't part of his character making up titles

It's a running gag that he consantly lies about what he's actually the God of because he's ashamed of having given Gorr his God Bomb.

>There's no stopping the Phoenix
Except for all those times it was stopped.

So Jason Aaron admits tha Quire has no actual experience with the Phoenix yet uses him anyway.

Why does every issue of this comic make me hate Jane more and more.

I must have missed a chapter, is the destroyer its own thing now?

iirc he was Phoenix host in the last arc of Morrison and also in Phoenix Endsong by PAD.
Would google pics but dont want to post pics in a storytime. and when the Phoenix came for Hope Summers it made both Rachel and Quentin ill because of how "connected" they are to it.

This is actually ok,

And that's that, hope you enjoyed
Next time: The Once and Future Thor joins the fray

because you're a sexist pig?

Wow like I can't even right now. Can you not?

fucking extra points

To be fair, Jean is dead, Teen-Jean has no experience with the Phoenix, Rachel fucking hates the Shi'ar, and I don't think KG knows Hope.

Thanks op.

What are people thinking for the Once and Future Thor's identity? Odin seems most likely to me, with an outside chance of Loki.

All you have to do is look at the cover to know how bad this will be.

its a memetic echo of don blake

Ultimate Thor, sorry. Got thrown off by the quote.

I hate the weird blurring effect they do.

>has never happened before
Want to bet?
I don't read that much Thor, when has this happened before?

Honestly? I would get a little bit pissed too. You get ready, follow the rules and lose because bitch got extra points. I could understand if she didn't 'fail miserably in many challenges' and won with small advantage thanks to those extra points, but here it looks like the whole test or battle or whatever is going on means nothing and performing only one task is enough to win.

I assume they mean has never happened in the context of these shi'ar god pissing olympics

Some bub read some Secret Empire comics. They think, that Rogers COULD be the ne War Thor, buthats bullocks, if youre asking me. It has to be someone, who already had the asgardian allspeak, before he lifted that hammer. What is with Thunderstrike? I could get use to that...or "Kid Thor".

didn't the shi'ar gods demand the shi'ar cut all ties with the x-men because Jean was summoning the phoenix?

Fuck yeah, Gladiator.

Holy shit, I can't believe it! The lapdog grew a pair of balls!
That's more mindblowing than Captain HYDRA or Victor von GOOD

I think Thunderstrike is unlikely-even by Aaron standards of nonsense, he does at least somewhat foreshadow things even if in infuriating ways with lots of misdirection. No way it isn't someone who hasn't featured in this comic or Unworthy Thor IMO.

I'm putting my money on Skurge. If not him, then Heimdall.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

>The contemporary term false flag describes covert operations that are designed to deceive in such a way that activities appear as though they are being carried out by entities, groups, or nations other than those who actually planned and executed them

Yes yes, very good Shiar, well done.......

HOWEVER

He grew some balls by betraying his rightful ruler once. Now he's grown enough to even defy his Gods.

Actually based off the cover, that character who I honestly don't know anything about, looks pretty fucking fun
Still not going to read Jane Thor though

He's part of the upcoming Generation X.

So, whatever happened to that Ultimate Judgment thing? They forget about it as soon as the winner is announced and the Phoenix shows up.

The Phoenix seems to have a winning track record against Asgardians

>the power of gods united
Remember when the real Thor fought ten thousand fused gods and won? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I actually really like QQ, as long as people remember hes a joke.

>Xmen are weird
Im out. I dunno about you guys but I hate this self aware way if writing Marvels adopted for years. "Lol Comics are so stupid and you shouldnt take them seriously. Look how dumb this all is!"
Breaks my immersion and makes me feel like most writers either want cheap laughs or think theyre writing trash.

Am I allowed to hate it for being shit?

Yeah, but that wasn't during a Challenge of the Gods, which is specifically what's being talked about here. The Challenge of the Gods seems to just be a competition that petty asshole gods get into when they want to do a dick measuring contest, so the usual competitors are probably not the "inspirational" types.

She looks disappointed to be there.

The lack of validation in your life is showing.

And if it had been Thor and not Jane, he would have beaten those two blindfolded. Another thing whoever wrote this bullshit forgets, this Janewank "oh no one's ever done that before" crap is just that, crap. Jane may have gotten other gods to fight for her, but the real Thor is who other gods pray to. Literally every time they try to show Jane is worthy of the hammer, Thor has already done those things, and better.

Don't become a Damienfag

Damien who?

>And if it had been Thor and not Jane, he would have beaten those two blindfolded
No he wouldn't, he would have done the exact same thing as her. To win the trial the normal way would have required Thor to let a bunch of innocent Shi'Ar die, which like Jane he would never stand for.
Thor would have also needed to rely on the Asgardian Gods coming to bail him out to win.

I'm pretty sure that Thor would have started fighting the Shi'ar gods a lot earlier then what Jane did.

>rely on the Asgardian Gods coming to bail him out to win
Factually wrong, Jane has the power the hammer gives her. Thor had that power, plus his own from being the son of a skyfather and an elder goddess. Not to mention he has more experience than her, by several thousand years. He is several orders of magnitude more powerful than Jane.

That doesn't mean he would be able to beat the 2 most powerful Gods of the Shi'Ar AND the Imperial Guard. Gladiator alone has given Thor trouble in the past.

Lmao thats a stretch mate.

See Ten thousand fused gods.

And he lost that fight

At this point I should stop being surprised that Sup Forums doesn't read comics.

that's a One Piece level satisfying punch in the face

He's announced he's leaving Marvel and going to Image?

You too?

>He doesn't know who Whor is

I thought he was an X-man. They fight other 'heroes' every week.

co/mblr in full force.

I don't think it's possible for me to hate Jane more than I already do.

Still he wouldn't have won because of "extra points". Even Thor wouldn't tolerate winning by such bullshit.

I think you're going a bit much, but in the context of this story yes it's seriously out of place. If a book is going full comedy then fine, this joke would make sense in a Deadpool comic, but not something like this.

>its another "who's this thor?" story
Maybe this one won't last 8 months.

>ten points for griffinwhor

Quire's t-shirts continue to be a 10/10 I see