If she knew she was going to die anyway...

If she knew she was going to die anyway, why did she wait until half the transport ships were destroyed before the did the hyperspace thing?

SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN HERSELF TO YOU

Just turn your brain off, sweetie. This movie is kino and don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)

she is fierce

stop mansplaining

she is trying to kill the Princess but then just gave up and said fuck it imma drive this truck into the other truck baaaiiii

Because vagina.

She was going to try to leve them off and then trying to escaping in the escape pod (not realising fin took and Tokyo Rose took it)

She didn't know for *a fact* she wasn't gonna make it. She just knew the odds were not in her favour.

I don't think you can understand this movie with rationality. You have to feel it. You see, she was getting very angry and sad at seeing her friends die, so this very powerful emotion enabled her to perform the suicide maneuver. It is a very emotionally powerful moment, so of course she had to get emotionally charged to pull it off.

Why was there any doubt she would be staying?
A ships captain must remain on board to oversee the evacuation and ensure all crew and passengers are successfully departed.

Anyone remember that Italian cruise liner a few years back that crashed and sank? The captain was high and shit? And tried to leave early? Rescue crews returned him to the ship and kept him there til everyone was off.

Its not mere tradition its regulation.

But this is a military where everyone is a general, strategic decisions are made in some sort of open forum, chain of command and respect for superior officers is disregarded and anyone can just storm up to their CO shouting demands. So of course it would be in doubt if the captain would stay on the ship.

She had no plan and was bluffing. Then, at the last moment, she decided to kill herself so nobody knows.

If this type of maneuver is so devastating why have they never done it before? Why didn't they do it with the support ships that simply ran out of fuel and were left to be destroyed? Why did admiral gender studies just sit around and act like a condescending bitch for 99% of her screen time?

Her character should have been replaced with Adrmiral Ach and everyone would have loved it.

>A ships captain must remain on board to oversee the evacuation and ensure all crew and passengers are successfully departed.
Why did she have to stay after the evacuation had been completed, though?

other people were still on it, it wasn't complete

Will the God Emperor ever recover??

post yfw this scene happened

>This is Carrie's legacy
I hate it.

I saw this with my dad and I was mortified when this happened. I was so embarrassed that I had taken him to spend his own money to see it, and this is what was happening in this movie. I felt like I let him down. I pretty much knew the movie wasn't going to be quite what I wanted it to be, but I had no idea it would be this bad.

It was her turn!

Was so distracted by thinking how the fuck they are going to use her in the next movie, why can she now use the force(she was on the spectrum she wasnt actually as force user), that THIS was Carries last time on screen, and that the scene itself was fucking stupid despite all this.

fpbp

Why does she look like she runs a brothel in Amsterdam?

Tbh, its not the first time ramming/collisions destroy ships.
In ep 3 battle at the beginning, droid warships are clearly seen exploding after a collision. Also, in ep 5, the imperial fleet lost at least one destroyer in the roid field. This is on a very different scale, true, but the mc85 is a very larger ship (3 times the lengh of a mc 80). Also, only mass seems to be relevant in previous examples. Massive objects deal (and receive) massive damage. On the opposite, during the battle of endor, starfighter crashs on capital ships hulls has no impact (the a-wing crashing in a specific weak spot once shields are down). So, it was always a valid tactic to ram big objects into enemies, and so yes, roids equipped with hyperdrives are a plothole in the whole franchise.

The reason she didnt explain her plan was because she was probably under strict orders NOT TO TELL ANYONE in fear of someone talking.

This was the biggest plothole to me too, but I thought about it a bit and realized that if she did that as soon as the rebel escape pods went out, it would give the Empire reason to think that the bulk of the rebellion managed to escape.

Nah I know her she sells homemade candles at the craft fair and tells everyone how her life is so much better after her divorce