What went wrong?

What went wrong?

And what has Rebirth done better thus far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bgU3MBShRNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All of the things and all of the things.

The reputation.

everything and nothing

New 52 was great, rebirth is trash.

A half assed reboot that wanted to have its cake and eat it too.

Look it's a New-52 superman fan.

Sounds like Rebirth.

they didn't start at ground zero

The same thing that plagues any sort of comic line with 52+ comics, too little of it was good.

They also ran into the problem of comic fans being fickle as fuck.

Mr freeze, Joker, Harley, and the time line of events.

Also while it is good that rebirth is fixing things, the timeline is still incomprehensible. When did Flashpoint take place for them?

>Grayson
>Omega Men
>DCYou

Nope.

This. retards were prepared to hate it from the start. It lost a lot of fans but gained new ones. Problem is it slowly tried to pander more and more to older fans because of people bitching at cons and shit so the new fans slowly went away.

Comics are for 40 year old men and that's a fact, same damn fans looking for the same damn storylines.

I forgot Dial H

I could tell you but this pretty much says it all.
youtube.com/watch?v=bgU3MBShRNY

>Capeshit is for 40 year old manbabies and that's a fact
fixd

>What went wrong?
They ruined my husband.

>Jimquisition

DC has a century of rich backstory, they always shine when they're willing to mine their history, they always suck when they act embarrassed over their past.

New 52 was an overall success, it boosted sales and then things settled down it was about the same as before. There were definitely problems and continuity was messed up even more because not everyone was rebooted to square one.

The real problem was Convergence and DCYou. Turns out a filler event followed by shaking up the status quo is not the best way to do things.

it;s actualy Linkara he just did the Jimquisition thing for april fools day, the rest of the video is preety spot on for why the New 52 failed.

>Linkara

>retarded editors and all-around chaos
>stupid, unnecessary controversies (like not allowing Batwoman to marry, firing Simone from Batgirl, trying to kill John Stewart etc)
>employing Rob Liefeld
>shit Jim Lee redesigns
>the big titles were bad for the most part: excluding Lemire's run, Green Arrow was shit, Wonder Woman after Azz was shit, Superman was constantly shit, Flash after Manapul was shit, DetComics also had shit runs, Venditti GL and JL were subpar
>too many crossovers and events (particularly at the Green Lantern, Superman, Batman families)
>letting artists write (see: any of Tony Daniel's or Liefeld's comics, Andy Kubert's Damian series, Savage Hawkman, Firestorm etc)

off the top of my head
it's a wonder books like Swamp Thing, Dial H, or Grayson got made

It was supposed to be a reboot, but it wasn't. The Bat Family is still a thing, the GL books continued essentially uninterrupted, several characters and concepts that cannot exist without continuity are still a thing... Basically, DC chickened out and couldn't pull the trigger.

That, and it was done pretty arbitrarily with no time to properly plan things out. The whole thing was a complete clusterfuck from the get go, resulting in a goddamn title wave of shit books, dumb controversies, and burned bridges.

Rebirth is fucking hilarious because it comes off as DC desperately trying to apologize for being a bunch of incompetent fuck ups for about five years. And hey, it's certainly working so far, so more power to them for having some humility.