Bendisspeak?

Bendisspeak?
Bendisspeak.

This is a mess. THIS is a mess.

A mess?

Whoa now!

>Am I the only one who

actually kinda likes Bendisspeak?
It IS super awkward in comic book form, but the man can write dialogue that sounds like stuff actual people say. He'd make a good screenplay writer.

What the fuck do they mean by straight?

Everybody knows the only side Doom is in Doom's. Fuck you, Bendis.

>but the man can write dialogue that sounds like stuff actual people say
Do Americans actually repeat themselves and go over and over the same shit all the time in real life?

Some do but it's not as prevalent as you'd think.

Have you ever actually LISTENED when people talk?
Go to a coffee shop or something sometime, and just listen.

People repeat themselves ALL THE TIME.
People NEVER speak in complete sentences, and often, don't complete their thoughts at all.

The exchange of information facilitated by spoken language is a lot more fluid, staccato and disjointed than you see in the media, usually relying more on context and inferred meaning than the spoken words alone.

Bendis actually gets that part right.
Again, it's super annoying to read on the page, but he's not, strictly speaking, *wrong*.

At least as far as that goes, his plotting and pacing and story pitch skills are another matter entirely.

So you sayin' burgers are this autistic? Gotchu.

A mess! A DIALOGUE mess if you will. Just, messy.

Where are you from?

This is why no one takes America seriously. Faggots like you have to hold us back.

>He'd make a good screenplay writer.
He's tried and failed at that, even Brubaker was able to become a screenplay writer before him.

Wrecker should be motioning towards Living Laser in any way at all for their lines to work, is there no coordination between writer and artist at all at Marvel?

>The Doctor Doom. Of Doctor Doom fame?
Worst line I've read this year.

That's only how some people talk, not everyone.

That's why it's annoying. If it was tied to one character, it'd be a quirk. But when it comes out of everybody, peppered with the same irritating wise-ass dialogue, it overstays it's welcome quickly.

I don't think there's any inherent merit to writing dialogue like that. Sure, it sounds natural but theres a reason people in books or movies don't talk like that, unless the author is trying to make a point with it. The way people actually talk doesn't efficiently communicate information which is why it benefits from being streamlined for the sake of storytelling.

Almost all media does it to a point where most people don't even notice it. You can write dialogue like that for your super quirky low budget mumblecore movie nut not for much else.

America

That's fair.

I still think, even if it IS a overcorrection, it's a step in the right direction, away from the standard

>Oh no! I hope I can SURVIVE Doctor Nefarious's DEATH RAY long enough to tell LAURA how I FEEL

>Say GOODBYE to your PRECIOUS CITY! MUA HA HA HA

So you haven't read a single comic book published after the silver age? Cool.

I don't know people who actually talk like that. Who speaks in short sentences, waiting for someone else to repeat the thing you just said, and then RESTATING what you just said.

If I met someone who did that, I'd assume they were trying to be an asshole towards me.

I had a long post about how horrible a screenplay writer he'd be, but I don't want to sperg out.

I don't know man there is such a thing as speaking in short outbursts and sentences.

However, repeating something another person just said, then another person repeating what you just said and then another one doing the same? If a social group acted like that in real life I'd seriously consider them mentally handicapped.

I liked this page. Generally, the scene between Ben and Victor was surprisingly good for Bendis. it's too bad that the scene with the other super-villains was so, SO awful. It's llike, dammit Bendis I'm giving you a chance here. He's doing stuff in this book that I'm genuinely kinda excited for (Maker vs. Doom) and the way he writes the interactions between Ben and Doom have been pretty good. And Maker fucking Doom's mom is beautiful. But he just can't stop himself with his Bendis-isms anytime it's not Ben or Victor talking.

Also, the decompression is on a whole other fucking level even by Bendis standards.

This guy gets it and everyone else is retarded for not seeing the merit in doing dialogue differently.

Bendis is still awful though.

>Maker fucking Doom's mom is beautiful
what now?