ITT: Good things in TLJ

>Crait battle
>Falcon draws TIE fighters away
>dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun duh DUN dun dun DUH DUN dun dun DUH DUH DUUUUUUH DUUUUUUH DUUUUUUH DUUUUUUH dun dun dun dun dun duh Duh DUN dun dun DUH DUN dun DUH DUH DUUUUUUH DUUUUUUH DUUUUUUH DUUUUUUH NA NAAAAAAA NA, NA NAAAAAAAA NA, NA NAAAAAAAA NAH NANANA NA starts playing
Don't pretend you didn't love it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hm, some red shit on the ground. better taste it.

Hey, nobody is saying the movie didn't have good moments, well, at least I'm not. But the problems were bigger than the good stuff.

The film lost me at this and i never regained interest, honestly cant remember half the shit that happened onscreen.
It was just a mess of ideas

i liek the pArt were poe kept called thebad man HUGS lol

i saw the movie 3 tomes now, its' very philosophical and the hyperboom wins the day cause boys drul lol

I liked the xwing action at the beginning and the ironing gag

the rest is absolute shite

Generally speaking the the color. Use of color.
That's about it.

>oh fuck it wasn't salt
*dies*

I liked the planet. I liked the way the red beneath the surface was slowly revealed and it ended looking like a bloodied battlefield. It was a nice aesthetic even if it was basically not-Hoth.

Even though the bombers in space didn't make sense it was very cool. Also the sloth milk scene was funny. Movie overall was garbage though.

It had lots of great visuals, but it didn't have anything else. The whole movie was nothing but retarded subplots that went no-where, this script needed a bunch of rewrites, at the very least after TFA came out and the reaction to it, you'd think he'd want to rework his script, but apparently nope, he just stuck with it.

I love Porgs. They were cute and funny.

I popped a rock hard boner in my chair when that Escape from Cloud City theme started playing, I tell you fucking what.

>Alert to all Resistance fighters, alert to all resistance fighters: prepare for groud assault, repeat: prepare for ground assault
>also, we are not on a snow planet. The ground is white, but do not be confused, this is not a ground assault by the bad guys against the good guys secret base on a snow planet, because although the planet superficially appears to be a snow planet, the main surface cover is salt. I repeat, do not wear cold weather gear, although you may wear gear that is similar to cold weather gear, but you don't need cold weather gear because we are on a salt planet, and definitely not a snow planet

Hearing the TIE fighter theme playing during that scene was the only moment where I felt like I was enjoying the movie.

Nobody is saying it wasn't a competent big action Blockbuster

I like that scene but mini death star wtf?

This but unironically. I was expecting them to be some annoying Jar-Jar or Ewoks tier shitfest but they were just goofy background characters for babies to laugh at, they felt very star warsy.

>based on death star tech
>wasn't green
>didn't do the multiple beams join up to make on big beam
>was a long continuous burn instead of just an instant shot
why even mention the death star? was it just for the audience to go "I know what that is"

Old Man Logan styled Luke had potential

How is this any different than Gimli's "ORC BLOOD?"

Unironically, I liked the scenes where Ren bullies the commander

>jaded Logan saves a bunch of kids
>Luke tries to kill one and inadvertently ends up responsible for the death of every student in his Academy

Wolverine is now more heroic than Luke fucking Skywalker. Let that sink in.

Are you such a simpleton that "based on death star tech" means it has to be a literal mini death star superlaser?

>The whole movie was nothing but retarded subplots that went no-where

The defining opinion of the Pleb Manchild Brain.

By toying with the viewers expectation and the geeks demand to see his own fantasy displayed on the screen, Rian has assumed full control as the auteur. He entices the small mind into seeing what he wants to see, before closing the fist on the clay fañtasma.

The plot bends upon the anvil of beauty and rhythm, denying the so-called "fan" the climax of their preconceived coherence, laying waste to the structure that holds up the limited, Child World that lesser directors make into their homes.

The auteur holds the reins of indignity, and drives the stallion of Cinéma with his spurs of guile. The "unbiased" Director, who desperately clings to the lost hope of understanding, may travel nowhere.

But the genius who is willing to allow the Masculine plot to submit to the Feminine style reaps the benefits of expanding the possibilities of neglected form, and drags wailing the uncultured viewer intoa new paralax

To put it into ways your imperialist, heteronormative mind might understand: the "red herrings" are more important than the plot, because only by not understanding the story can you abandon the safety and waste that is the "Star Wars universe"

because they were tracking the orcs that took the hobbits, a random liquid in a forest is a possible clue on the trail

>has zero characteristics of a typical death star
are missiles based on bullet tech? Nah they have their own fucking name they're called missiles you mongoloid

>great music from the previous films starts playing
>i snap out of my boredom induced coma and begin to feel the sensation of fun
>it immediately cuts back to shitty generic music and someone acting retarded

Yeah sure, but it was boring.

>Its salt. ITS SALT. NOT SNOW, SALT. ITS SALT!

They were ok. Bit too much of them though.

Tie fighter pilots are the coolest characters in the entire franchise.

It's fine they needed to spell it out but seriously, that was the first time he realized he was on a salt planet? Was he blind AND deaf?

>Falcon scraping the walls
>"CHEWIE!!"
>"GRRRRRAAAHHH"

Rian definitely subverted my expectation of watching a good movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

"so we've not really done anything original and those storylines that we did come up with we've already abandoned or sorted out, and we've relied on lifting older scenes for at least three solid hours of screen time by now, but we really should make sure that we change one insignificant aspect."

"why?"

"so we can claim that we are 'playing with expectations' and once we make sure everyone on Reddit and Twitter is talking about 'tropes', we can pretend that there's some great philosophical reason behind it all, and they'll never suspect its because we are just dipshit middle aged men who were born into Hollywood and have no talent"

Can someone clarify?

The salt is red and the white stuff on top is snow right?

Why are the foxes white then? Are they made of white salt or snow?

Will Disney let Mangold make his X-23 movie that he said he was busy writing?

I assumed the red is the ground which is covered by a layer of salt.

They must've stuck that shot in there so everyone wouldn't be going "Oh fuck Star Wars, it's just another Hoth battle in the snow"

Didn't he sip the red stuff though?

and everythjng in the salt mines was red

"the highest form of art is the destruction of art"- some Ivy League, New York City based film critic, probably

if it weren't the second or third climax in the film I would think it great but by this time in the movie I was saying "is this film ever going to end?" They should have either done this in the third film or jumped to it sooner

I have no fucking idea desu user. Although, the red stuff was all cracked and shit though from the laser blasting on Luke so I guess it makes more sense to me that the red is the ground.

The red stuff is the magic powder that makes critics love a clearly shitty film and the white stuff is a metaphor for the thin, easily brushed away covering of loyalty to basic canon that Disney displays

At which part in the soundtrack did it play?

>The Supreme Leader is dead
>Long live the Supreme Leader

It's one of the many things that felt like they were fucking with the audience
Like they're saying "Yeah, we ripped off ESB, what the fuck are you gonna do about it"

The first time I actually felt something was when they played the Luke theme during his death scene, although it really just made me wish I was watching the original trilogy again

The white stuff is supposed to be salt, the red is supposed to be the ground