Why do people watch this?

Why do people watch this?
Millions of views, every single youtube reactor reacting to this, even grown ups, even some fucking grandmothers.

Roosterteeth brand loyalty or some shit

>Good anime parodies/ fanimes like Senpai Club
>People flood this crap
Weebs should be radicated.

It's a really crappy/mediocre show that was aimed at weebs and old fans of red vs blue from the start. The only guy who had any talent that worked on it it is now dead. The rest of the team while probably nice guys are a bunch of shit kicking hicks that have never worked an honest days work in their lives. I couldn't make it past the first couple episodes without laughing at just how bad it was.

One of the characters is a futa and everyone is waiting for the big reveal

>Monty Oum, eceleb animator with cult following is attached to this right before he dies
>His death attracts more fans
>They keep watching because animeme

This. Shit looks like it was animated in Miku Miku Dance

Built in fanbase and its extremely easy to digest.
Also waifus.

Season 1 of this show looked like a fucking ps2 game

must be something to it, since it's got a decent following in Japan

Basically junk food.

You know it isn't good, but it's enough to work you when you're hungry, but it's nothing you will tell others about it.

That's fine. I stopped after 4 episodes but I can understand why people would follow it.

It's a waifu farm. No other reason why people watch it.

I'm still salty
>those cool initial 4 trailers
>but it's made by a faggot unironic weeb who decides to hire his friends as writers

after ep 1, I didn't touch it with a 30.5 foot pole
fuck that shit

> The only guy who had any talent that worked on it it is now dead

>A guy who's could only do weeb-esque floaty nonesensical battles.

If you're gonna shit on people shit on everyone. Monty's shit was fine in when you're a teen but watching it back is a complete cringefest.

I have no idea what the plot of this is

>extremely easy to digest
this

its like your typical webcomic. Generally subpar, but free and easy to understand. I can always spare 30 or so minutes watching it

because it was famipam

That's cause it basically was. Everyone act like Monty was the greatest guy, but 80% of the graphical errors and limitations fell on the fact the fucker couldn't learn anything outside of Poser so they had to fucking juggle a way to make a shit program like it work for a full-fledged show.

It took them 4 seasons to switch to regular Maya, something that should have been something to be done S1

the animation looks prettier now but the writing is still mediocre

Personally I think it looked better in volume 3 though.

Friendly reminder that we will reclaim our homeland.

the main problem is the writing
you can't turn shit into gold, they started out with a generic anime high school setting and the shitty writing is still going to stick- even at volume 4

Neither does anybody else watching it, or even the people producing it.

People talk about this shit so sucks like you can make a trillionth anti(insert whatever is popular) thread.
>I hate RWBY
>I hate Star Wars
>I hate Harry Potter
> I hate Halo, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Mortal Kombat, Zelda, etc.
>I hate(insert)
If you hate the fanbase or the product then stop being a whiny little bitch and do something about it. Become the next Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold, I really don't give a fuck. Otherwise stop sucking on Trump's micropenis you faggot.

>Name dropping Trump and using it as an insult when no one even mentioned him
Really militarises my police.

>hello Tumblr.jpeg

Volume 4 was such a let down

>Trump wasn't mentioned or in any way connected to this thread
>shitpost about him anyway
Why?

>Otherwise stop sucking on Trump's micropenis you faggot.

Its the new Jojo

i don't get it,
it always seems like something written on another planet and wrung through google translate five times and I live in Austin

Don't compare the goodness of Jojo to this crap.

This show is unbelievably embarrassing

Mankind in general have shit taste.

>WRONG

>That bighead laugh shit

who approved this scene, who looked at that and thought it was okay, it's embarrassing

MANTLE DID NOTHING WRONG

14/88 GAS THE FAUNUS, COLOR WAR NOW!

Mantle did a few things wrong

Yeah but that Grimm was spooky though. I'm glad they're going beyond shadow animals with spikes and horns and taking cues from mythology and shit.

They love anime, bighead laugh shit is a common thing in anime.

It doesn't translate well into 3D, but they probably didn't notice.

Spooky in the flashback and for the 10 seconds if it's reveal before it turned into a screaming whacky arm flailing grimm

whats the point of it being spooky if they're not going to do anything good with it

The more my friends tell me to watch this, the less I want to. I'm just gonna stick with RvB.
Speaking of, what's everone think of Season 15 so far?

Like not finishing off the Faunus

I havent seen an unironic big-headed laugh in years

>but they probably didn't notice
that's the crazy part to me, it just doesnt look good, I can only think they must have been in a rush to get it done so they just barely glanced at it

Flailing arms didn't bother me.

The arm flailing was just too goddamn silly to me, and didnt stand up to the build-up hype the nuck had going for it

this.

Would have been better if the Nuck completely wrecked everyone and they barely escaped with their lives.

Everyone working for roosterteeth is completely untalented. Monty dying was also the only piece of talent the company had dying. I always assumed only teenage kids watched this stuff, kind of like the same people that used deviantart. But seeing people frequently discuss it over the years here, and elsewhere, forces me to the sad conclusion that some people just have really really bad taste.

>But seeing people frequently discuss it over the years here, and elsewhere, forces me to the sad conclusion that some people just have really really bad taste.

It boggles my mind that people act like this is an entirely new thing.

I'd say the original Founding Fathers of the company, the original RVB guys, are talented in that they've managed to stay relevant for over a decade and managed to turn a for fun project into such a successful company.

Fun Fact, Roosterteeth makes most of their money by creating online advertisements for companies.

>Why do people watch this?

Because they like it and find it entertaining. Why do you care about what they like if they are not forcing you to watch it? Fuck, let people like things, you fucking asshole.

Yeah and the NFL makes more money off beer commercials than it does ticket sales.

People that like that shit is the target audience. It's a shitty shounen anime, but made by the west, so that automatically makes it super cool no matter what.

Because the creator's dead?

>entertainment company makes most of their money from ads
No fucking way.

It's a heavily flawed, cringey show, but has its moments. Some of the characters on the deuteragonist team are likable--more so than the protagonist team, anyway.

I definitely found it intolerable at first, but got into it from the soundtrack, and from then it became a guilty pleasure. And while the writing has had some problems, after checking out some recent shonen anime, I kind of gained an appreciation that they're not falling back on some of those overdone tropes. Also, the fight scenes are typically better than most mainstream anime, even if the quality has declined by a huge amount after Monty died.

I get why people don't like it. That being said, Sup Forums does really seem to like shows that I find to be even worse, objectively, like Star vs. The Forces of Evil.

It's a really bad show, it's only successful because it was created by Rooster Teeth and I guess western shows in an eastern anime style is something people want. If this was originated by some studio in japan, weebs would be tearing this shit apart for its faults

I don't know why people would settle on this rather than actually just watching anime, it doesn't do anything better at all.
>but muh cute girls!
Also done better in actual anime. /rwbyg/ was fucking cancer too.

It appeals to the casual-est of the casual that don't understand that what they see on toonami isn't all the anime in the world.

they watch it because they can

because it's easy, like you can watch more than one thing at a time you know

it's not that difficult to understand

Not like it matters anyway because 90% of anime is awful garbage that manages to be just as bad or even worse than RWBY.

>like you can watch more than one thing at a time you know
Still doesn't change the fact that they would watch RWBY in the first place? I can watch more than one thing too but I wont be going back to RWBY just because of that mindset. Have some standards, RWBY is a bootleg.

I wish I got this distraught over people liking shit I don't.

I've been around since the trailers, and Ive stuck it through til now because I wanna see where the hell this thing is going, it's not perfect by a long shot but it has it's moments that are enjoyable

people complain about /rwbyg/ when it's probably one of the more tame generals on Sup Forums, all complaints just come down to the fact they just dont want rwby around, basically just a major overreaction to something so minor and easy to ignore

This show is like every bad shounen anime cliche strung together with shoe laces.
The only good part about it is waifus.

>tfw when you realize the spooky ancestor from Samurai Jack was handled just as poorly and half-assed as the nucky.

Two legendary disappointments.

We're waiting for next season of RvB

It's like all of the things that make anime uninteresting distilled down to its bare essence.
Of course weebs would love it.

-then the whole bus clapped

Both characters were introduced well but did not live up to the hype. I would say that both cases resulted from incompetent writing, something that the folks at RWBY excel at

isn't the point of RWBY is that everyone is based on a fairy tale?

Not gonna lie I've watched all of it. Started because my friend was a fan of Red vs Blue so we watched RWBY season 1 and it was so bad. Unfortunately we tend to watch bad shows while drunk off our ass, so we've made a tradition of getting absolutely destroyed while binge watching whole seasons. I can't understand how people can watch this unironically or sober.

Not gonna lie. There was a moment there where I thought that thing was going to kill Nora and it made me kinda tense.

Man was I bummed at that. All those theories about the horseman being the manifestation of the shackles of duty or some shit all gone due to one swing of a generic sword.

I'm watching it because I want to support an American-made show focused on character development (no matter how mediocre) and action that's not going to be fucked over by a TV executive who shuffles it off to a death slot because they want to make something cheaper for an even lower common denominator. And yeah, the characters and the world have grown on me, even if the writing still has a long way to go.

It's awesome

It's basically for every weeaboo that lived through the height of weaboos ie early to mid 00s

If that's not you then you won't like it. It makes every attempt to use anime tropes and now it's improving

For Red Vs Blue fans, it's a curiosity project to check out from the same people

the trailers honestly made the series look much better than season 1 turned out to be.

their hands were tied until he croaked it, they immediately shitcanned his side man Shane when that happened and took away his laptop

Most of the """"quality"""" fan MMD rigs have copyright on them forbidding commercial use which is exactly what Monty and Shane were doing. Bottom line is that RT knew they'd be sued eventually so they shitcanned both Poser and the converted MMD rigs and had Maya artists redo it from scratch.

Also, Monty refused to understand how versioning systems work which meant only he and Shane had access to all the assets which is untenable for a production like this.

I use Poser and like it but these guys were technoluddites and thieves.

>the NFL makes more money off beer commercials than it does ticket sales
beer commercials have professionals making them

Yeah ultimately there would have been some kind of conflict with monty/shane vs RT at some point if RWBY continued to be the success it was. Monty repeatedly did things his own way (no storyboarding, inserting scenes just because he said so, coming up with plot points on his own deeper into the story (the maidens) etc etc). In a cold cynical sort of look at things, RT dodged a major production disaster with Monty given how the whole Shane thing played out.

>that's not going to be fucked over by a TV executive
funnily enough I think RWBY would have much better production if it was on a network

I've legit seen people say RWBY is the only RT show they like.

Personally, the first two seasons are damn near unwatchable, but it took a big leap in quality in Season 3. And I genuinely like most of the characters. S4 was a disappointment in comparison, but not corrosively bad like S1 and S2.

Camp Camp is RT's best cartoon.
Sex Swing is their worst.

Nah, especially if it's an animated show. Have you seen what places like Cartoon Network does to shoes that aren't driving toy sales? They shitcan it between seasons or start playing the schedule shuffle of doom to show how the show is "doing poorly" because they keep rescheduling it to 11pm on Friday night or Mondays at 9pm (Deathslots). They did this to Young Justice, and other animated shows that weren't driving the merch.

Plus there's also the expense involved in animated shows. CGI shows like the Star Wars Rebels wasall the way up to a Million dollars per episode in production costs. Granted RWBY is no where near that, but Miles even came out and said how RT simply can't afford to do longer episodes with their current budget and production capacity. A network wouldn't tolerate a studio saying that. They'd either shitcan it, or if it was doing well enough, farm it out to some korean animation sweatshop to save money thereby costing everyone involved at RT their jobs.

RT has no good shows. Thier AH content is good, and their podcasts are good. Their RT content other than the RT podcast is all varying degrees of bad.

Most RT content is firmly in the terrible range. Day 5 and Crunch Time are both decent with some really shitty spots. Relationship Goals is actually fantastic, but that's because Geoff and Griffin are the greatest couple of all time.

I'm just gladI'm not one of the rubes who contributed to the Laser Team kickstarter

Stay salty, /sug/

Wouldn't RWBY have a bigger budget and a better production capacity if it was on a network?

the original trailers were decent and every chapter is like 10 minutes.
I let stuff slide while watching the first chapters because I found the idea of a faux anime yt series kinda cool.
I really hoped the high school setting would be used as a meta joke and make it a school for over the top anime protagonists, I was pretty dissapointed when they went for it seriously. I actually dropped it a few times but picked it back up because of the little amount of effort it takes.

Yes, but only if it's driving both traffic and merch sales to some target set by the network. It's kind of the dirty side of the animation biz. Many shows are made with the goal of selling merchandise in mind first and foremost. It's kind of the reason The first Avatar animated series nearly got cancelled midway through.

The show was intended to appeal to a completely different demographic than their viewer numbers were reporting (I think they were originally targeting young girls with the show, but it ended up being older young adults that were its biggest driver of views, thus their merch wasn't moving at all (of what little they had anyway)).

If the show isn't bringing in the merch bucks, or is isn't cross promoting interest in other shows the studio offers, it gets canned pretty damn quickly. There are very few creators left in the industry are allowed to pursue "passion" projects in animation, and even then, it's under limited circumstances.

Take the latest season of Samurai Jack for example. Gendy wanted to keep making Samurai Jack, but it wasn't bringing in the numbers CN wanted so it was cancelled. This latest season is only being run on a limited release and Gendy is supposedly treating this season like he'll only get this one shot at finishing the story and that this will be the last season.

>try to watch a episode when it first came out
>the lamest and laziest anime tropes known to man
>this stick man fighting/Dead Fantasy tier level of OVER THE TOP

Red vs. Blue was a shit show when it introduced this crap and I hate it.

I never watched it.

They should have ran with it and make it an over the top self parody. That's what I thought they were going for when I saw the main character was a little girl in a skirt wielding an overzised scythe/rifle

Sadly this

I don't really understand people's problem with this show. Did it start with budget problems? Yes. Is the voice acting in the beginning shaky? Of course it is. But the scope and world building is good, the characters are well thought out and complex. Each one has an immediately understood stereotype but has features that are revealed over time that show they have real depth to them. Not to mention it was clearly created out of love. Every single weapon has a unique sound and feel to it, the characters all manage to have wildly different fighting styles, the choreography in some places is truly a work of art. Not to mention one of the best OST there is. I understand that the quality has dips sometimes, but people liked Buffy and angel which held a lot of the same weaknesses and fewer strengths. So...?

I've tried watching this multiple times, alone and with friends. I usually just end up making fun of it. It's like Inuyasha. It's comfy, and I understand why people like it, but I can't in good consciousness watch it for more than 10 minutes

>muh boogeymen

>I don't really understand people's problem with this show

It was overhyped to shit and took itself way, way too seriously. The animation was cheap garbage that barely passed during Red vs Blue (and even that really went downhill in quality over time) and it played every anime trope straight when they should have been more mocking.

>worldbuilding is great

Oh wow, a bunch of hot teenage girls attend a fighting academy. Wow, such great worldbuilding. Absolutely amazing, I shat myself when I saw how good it was, that's how awesome this worldbuilding is.

>characters are well thought out and complex

No they aren't, they're all just varieties of generic strong girl anime stereotypes.

>Each one has an immediately understood stereotype but has features that are revealed over time that show they have real depth to them.

"The show starts off shit, but gets better when they start doing what they should have been doing from the start." t. idiot

>every weapon is unique

Wow, so well thought out, the extreme weapons have different sounds of 'clang' and 'bang'. Such amazing work there.

>OST, choreography is truly a work of art

Oh fuck off. This has to be bait. No way is this a serious comment.

I'm an episodes behind and so far I am really liking what the new guy has been doing for the show. Just the first interaction with menacing unicorn man just felt, off, or jarring to me. Otherwise I am interesting it watching more.

What will I do when they inevitably kill off my waifu?

Hot girls.