New cartoon premiers

>new cartoon premiers
>has a female character voiced by Kristen Schaal

I can literally only think of 2 cartoons with her voice in it(at least as a major/recurring character)

>new cartoon premiers
>has a female character

>new cartoon
>goofy comedy with a semi-serious underlining plotline

>implying that's a bad thing

>cartoon has a character voiced by H Jon Benjamin

>new cartoon
>goofy comedy
>suddenly gets into a relationship arc

I know her from the Bojack credits and didn't even look up which one she is.

What's the problem?

I'm glad The Loud House exists specifically because it's a breath of fresh air in a wafting sea of "lolsodeep" cartoon bullshit that Adventure Time started.

She voiced Mabel if GF.

I'm sure you can put two and two together.

>mediocre cartoon
>rarely talked about
>cartoon shifts to semi-serious subplot with a female character
>shippers and waifufags come pretending they were always fans of the show

This has happened about a half dozen times in the past five years.

I had no idea who she was in Bojack til you said that. Damn does she do the same voice for everyone

What's a female?

It's very much a show of another time. A relic, if you will.

Out of curiosity, what are some examples? (Honestly not trying to be an asshole or anything. I just don't follow the modern cartoon scene very closely)

Cartoons and videogames literally can't survive once love triangle shit surfaces

wander over yonder

>slapstick-heavy show
>female characters are almost, if not entirely immune to slapstick

Sad

>new cartoon premiers

Not that user but I saw it with the cast change in Young Justice, when Star Vs and Wonder Over Yander got more prominent girl side characters, when Aya got anthropomorphized in Green Lantern, and recently with all the chicks in the new season of Samurai Jack.

I guess this was all cemented when Sup Forums and Tumblr became practically synonymous due to how ship-crazy this board became between the end of Last Airbender and the first couple of season of Adventure Time.

>all the chicks in the new season of Samurai Jack.
Can't speak for the others, but over this and Wander this is the worst because it affects the main character's final journey/endgame.

There's a series finale (one of the 2 last eps) where Jack is tied up and begging Ashi to fight whatever the threat is, I think it was Aku.

>male main has to do this big fight
>becomes helpless
>new girl from 8 episodes prior is the only one who can do it
>main guy has to beg her to fight but something prohibits her, feelings wise
I wish they didn't have to have guys in situations so much in shows now where the guy has to beg the girl to do something but she's emotionally fucked. Or just having the female become overly prominent.

I mean I doubt it's THE final fight and he's begging Ashi to deliver the final blow, it's likely just "fight in the battle" in the narrative, but it's fucking weak as hell to be doing this.

With Wander Dominator was just an arc, not the grand end to a series long plot that would put the characters in their destined fates.

>I doubt it's THE final fight and he's begging Ashi to deliver the final blow
I sometimes wish I could share this type of optimism.

>when Aya got anthropomorphized in Green Lantern
It wasn't as bad as when the second season gave her primary focus. Both the fans of the show and the show itself were to blame for whatever happened at that point.