>Production Budget: $35 million

JUSTICE LEAGUE
>MPAA Rating: PG-13
>Total Lifetime Grosses
>Domestic: $220,116,917
>Foreign: $416,500,000
>Worldwide: $636,616,917
>Production Budget: $300 million

What went wrong? How did the spooky clown horror movie become Warner's tentpole movie ahead of the first ever movie team up of the Justice League? JL even had $100m from China that IT never got the chance to earn yet they still couldn't outgross the clown.

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/dvd/news/910605-it-extended-cut-coming-to-blu-ray
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was nostalgia and people generally wanted something different than capeshit I suspect. Also, scary clowns, many people do like that shit.

IT was unironically a decent movie, watched Strangers Things and hated that fucking garbage, IT was much better.

IT is a children's horror movie that happens to be rated R which really doesn't mean much to kids. Justice League is more fucking capeshit.

Because all the normies and their gfs went to watch it. All of them.

Can you explain the minions in IT to me? In the end Pennywise tried to merge with Witch Minion and Zombie Minion, and then when the kids attacked him they just disappeared. Where did they go? Do they come back in the sequel?

Because It is a well directed, well acted movie that does justice to the source material

Based Finn and Jack bringing in the money with their banter

Yeah I saw IT twice. First time I loved it, second time it was just slightly better than your general Hollywood horror flick.

>Pennywise tried to merge with Witch Minion and Zombie Minion
There are no minions in IT. Pennywise will manifest as a kid's worst fear.
>The kid who was afraid of the creepy painting in his dad's office summoned IT in the form of the lady in the painting.
>The kid in the library reading about the explosion and the decapitate person at the steel plant met the headless corpse
>The clean freak kid was chased by the filthy diseased hobo
>The black kid was shown visions of black people being burned to death

In the original book it took place in the 1950s and the kids were mostly afraid of the universal horror monsters (creature of black lagoon, wolfman, and Frankenstein's monster). It was actually silly movie monsters that killed the kids and not the clown for the most part.

The clown persona is just IT's preferred form when not targeting a specific kid's deepest fears.

Now user you know that's a loaded question

Wasn't that just Witch Minion and Zombie Minion?
What is "original book", do you mean the tie-in novel? Why is it set in the 50s when the movie takes place in 1989?
Will the sequel have new kids being taken by Pennywise in some other town, or? There were so many unanswered questions and such a weird ending when he try merging with minions.

Oh I see there is some kind of dank meme at work here. Carry on with your LARPing.

IT was cheaper, had better much marketing, didn't have an unpopular direct prequel. Also, the 1980s and Stephen King are crazy popular these days.

this

Finn magic. If DC is smart they should cast him as Robin or something

Fucking kek

This movie was based. Compare it to the original TV movie and it’s in another league. One of my only criticisms is that nu-Pennywise has no personality. Tim Curry’s was funny, sarcastic, and menacing. I think the writers let down Bill Skarsgård because his performance was excellent.

Also the movie wasn’t scary at all but that’s subjective, I’m sure it is scarier than the TV movie which I haven’t seen in years.

>his performance was excellent
yeah sure only it was 88% CGI.

rewatched it yesterday and it's pretty good as far as horror movies go, can't believe RLM disliked it just because "muh loud noises"

also it's proof that argentines can make good movies

what about it was deserving of an R rating?

the internet has ruined you

woah just 300 million of profit

the jews must be all killing themselves right now

I’m assuming the on screen death of a kid. I mean besides the swearing what else warranted an R rating?

>implying budget accounts for marketing costs
How can you browse Sup Forums and STILL not know this? JL needed about 700m just to BREAK EVEN

Was R rating even warranted? The very few gore scenes are super tame, nobody swears, no tiddies are flashed, Pennywise is never disturbing or scary.

Ripping off body parts traumatizing

Sifting through network TV avoiding reality shows... Movies come with caption
> caution rape, cuck, jewbait

Extended Cut of IT getting released on Bluray
comingsoon.net/dvd/news/910605-it-extended-cut-coming-to-blu-ray

typical stormfag who doesnt know what hes talking about. dumb stormie haha.

Does this mean more Reddie kino?

Nigga u gay

yeah i mean a little kid crawling on the ground with his arm ripped off trailing blood isn’t deserving of an R rating at all

I have to run a quick errand but if anyone is interested I can break down why IT was a big success, or analyze any other aspect of film.

If you're a person who likes reading big in-depth posts about some of the invisible hand at work then it would be like that.

Hopefully

Justice League was the Jeb Bush of movies.

Sophia made the movie worth watching.

why are you keep posting this ugly carrot top in every thread?

Agreed.

cute

Thanks f@m keep me updated

I only post Sophia when applicable.

LOOKS LIKE CLOWN KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

IT cinematic universe when?

>huh yeah I know I'll give the last movie in a trilogy heralded by one guy to a guy who's basically his stylistic polar opposite at the end of production, provide a mandate that the film be 30 minutes shorter than all the other films in its series (despite having 5 times the amount of main characters), and don't market the fact that the movie has one of the biggest American icons of all time in it

She plays a character in one of the film’s being discussed

The better question and comparison is how they fucked up The Dark Tower so bad. The source material isn't amazing but overall better than most of IT and capeshit. Shit there's even comics to adapt, better than basing your story off subplots in the 6th and 7th books and going out if your way to alienate both fans and newcomers

Finn is so sweet, he's such a good friend
I want to get hugged like that

das gay

Eddie stole the show

What did director Andy Muschietti mean by this scene?

Just the swearing alone would have gotten it that rating

this

does she really glow when she takes her dress off or is this a edit?

But what's next for her career?

Finn clearly thinks of him as if he's a little annoying brother trying to hang out with his big bro and pals

>Lillis, who plays Beverly Marsh in "It" just signed on to play the young version of Adams' character, Camille Preaker, on HBO's upcoming series, "Sharp Objects."
>It's unclear just how many episodes Lillis will appear in

Honestly? 80s nostalgia is big right now

But I'd hope people like IT more because we needed a new age of kids movies being more like The Goonies again instead of most of the Despicable Me shit we get now

Yes she really does glow bright in the scene.
It's the lighting and her pale body.

so adorable :3

i’m interested. the massive success of this movie just came out of fucking nowhere, at least to me

>the Despicable Me shit we get now
what did he mean by this?

>make good small scale movie with noname actors
>make money
>make a massive pile of shit with famous actors and tens of millions in cgi bullshit
>bomb hard

im so glad this shit happened

I didn’t even see it but based on the GIFs of that cyborg scene (you know the one) and Superman CGI mustache face I’m glad it tanked

>>What went wrong?
More S King movies, that's what.

Never ever
Dark Tower made sure of that

Dark Tower is dead but IT Chapter 2 is being made.

You're retarded
That's a sequel, not the universe as a whole

You're retarded.
Kill yourself.

>WB starts using (semi-)expensive horror films as their tentpoles again

>when the fat kid has bigger tits and a fatter ass than the girl

Delicious Jack

why would a girl choose to be the token girl in a group of guys, especially at that age. unless, of course, they like that attention

watch_the_movies where is your long post bro

They invited her and she decided to show up.
That was their first time hanging out as friends.

i mean like in general. i know that if i was a girl i’d probably rather kill myself than be the token girl in a group of awkward middle school boys

me in front

nigga a child a gets his hand ripped off are you insane

usually they're either tom boys or giant sluts in my experience. obviosuly not always the case, but if we're talking in pure generalizations.

>Was R rating even warranted? The very few gore scenes are super tame,
A child gets his arm ripped off and screams in agony and fear as he gets dragged away
multiple children are wounded and bleed grievously
A child murders his own father resulting in blood gushing out of his neck

> nobody swears,
Did you even watch the film?

>no tiddies are flashed,
No but Bev is shown in her underwear

> Pennywise is never disturbing or scary
You can't be serious

In general, they're usually tomboys who rather hang with boys because they don't fit into groups of girls doing more effeminate activities.

I hope we get a new Nightmare movie that’s as kino as IT.

That would be cool

IT was good desu. The first half was genuinely creepy and the second half was a nice coming of age story. The only gripe I have is the obvious sequel incoming.

I love that entire scene, probably Pennywise’s best moment

Yeah that was one of my favorite scenes

IT chapter 2
-adult story isn't as good as the kids
+it's been confirmed there will be flashbacks of the kids in the movie

>flashbacks
Ew

but they’re just cool with all the awkward blatant listing/pining from every guy in the group? i’d be so fucking self-conscious in that sort of situation

From the famously awful WB producers and execs who demanded "The Avengers"-level success without investing in hardly any of the time and effort required to do so,

to Zack Snyder for shooting incomprehensible mess after incomprehensible mess, and only leaving because his life fell apart,

to Joss Whedon for further sabotaging the movie with his pointless and expensive reshoots, YOU CAN NOT TELL ME that it made more sense to spend millions of dollars giving a CGI-shave to Caville rather than either just deal with what's already been shot or just let Superman have a beard for once, it HAD to have been sabotage and there's absolutely no other explanation for what the fuck happened with that, but I digress...

to Affleck basically having a midlife crisis and nearly drinking himself to a bloated death in between the initial shoots and the reshoots,

to the fact that you had Whedon's infidelity being aired publicly some time ago, Affleck catching shit for working with Weinstein right before the premier, and everybody still remembers the time when Aquaman/Drogo "joked" about how awesome it is to get paid to rape on camera,

JL was doomed from the start.