Thoughts on Stephen Colbert?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_jLdA3Tw4nU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used to be funny, now basic soy librul

Based

based

This. I used to actually find him pretty funny

Would like to talk about Tolkien with him.
Otherwise he seems like a bit of a dick, but I'm sure that's mostly for the show.
Oh yeah, he's unironically the least entertaining late night host of the big ones. It's not that he's not talented, this format just doesn't suit him desu

I used to love him back in the Colbert Report days, but now he's just another run of the mill leftist so concerned about identity politics.

If he were a bit more objective I would actually watch his show

Entertaining
Fuck you polgoblins

>watching an interview with [insert public figure here]
>cuts them off every two seconds
>puts them on the spot
>ask inappropriate questions they clearly don't want to answer
>they all finish with nervous laughter red faced
Why do people like this?

Because it's funny?
I don't like what he did with poor Jessica Alba tho.

So...

GLUMPF

SURRENDER THE SCOOPS OR YOUR WORLD WILL BURN

He, like every rich leftist, is a lier and as long as the left doesn't distance itself from rich hyprocrites it'll always have an integrity problem.

What did he do?

He was funny as a satirist, but now he's unfunny as fuck and generally speaking not a good host.

it's funny because the people who whine about him making trump jokes are unironically way more one-note and obsessive than they are trying to claim the trump jokes are

>Because it's funny?
>except when it's not

What did you mean by this?

Jessica is my waifu. And yes, usually it is.

Lol every thread there is a Colbert caper saying this same crap.

so you've got something new besides "muh scoops" and "muh funny red faces"?

BLOMPH

>this is the only political thread up

fuck me disney shills/lbgt shills have taken over this board

>oh man, why is this tv/film board full of posts about a recent major film release instead of posts about politics, which aren't even supposed to be here?

Two scoops is the peak of humor. This is literally the peak of humor. If you don't find this funny you have not humor. Because, this is the peak of humor. Two scoops is the peak of humor.

I used to like him but then he started making fun of dear leader

I didnt ask why retard. Its clear disney shills and lbgt shills have taken over this board like I just said.

>uhh i wasn't asking "why" libflake, i was declaring my objectively correct opinion! these fucking SHILLS are ruining my ability to find threads about politics! there's certainly nowhere else i could be doing that!

Do u have anything besides " lol u guys just don't like him because he makes fun of trump. You guys are actually the humorless ones lolol"

It's almost like the "liberals are the real racists" except that one is actually true.

youtube.com/watch?v=_jLdA3Tw4nU

triggered? gonna go make a political thread right now kek

Took Craig Ferguson's job.

Bottom of the barrel TV fluoride.

Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

>do you have anything other than that accurate summation of our constant whining? it's almost like that other thing that i actually agree with, yet am using as an example of something ridiculous for some reason?
yes, i am very angry that that guy can't find more political threads instead of star wars ones and made fun of him out of my blinding rage

He did a cameo on The Office episode where they started ham-fisting social issues. He seems to be really close to pushing particular social issues even years back, which is interesting.

I will wait for you to post even one interview like this from colbert. Go on I'll wait.

dude drumpf lmao

Was funny when he was playing a character, now he's just like every other pretentious late show host.

Cool dude as a person for sure, but I think he's so rich and in that leftist elitist circle that he doesn't have a correct perception on the full breadth of political issues so it's very unpleasant to see and hear him constantly be political.

Colbert Report was better.

I'm wondering when he's going down for harassment

I am starting to think people liked the colbert report because they somehow thought he was a crazy conservative. like, for real.

I liked him when he was satirically playing a republican by now he's playing an hysterical liberal and its neither satire or ironic

This kinda. He had some funny stuff, but he always aim for the lowest denominator I felt. The people who don’t understand politics but like to think they do; so basically my demographic.

When I was a kid, I used to think his roast of George W Bush was funny, but now I just see it as boring. I know why the audience wasn’t laughing, they hear these criticisms on a daily basis; there’s nothing shocking or hard hitting about them anymore. The only big guy that complimented Stephen on his humor was Antonin Scalia, and he was basically a cranky, obese toddler; he would’ve actually found it funny.

I just see Stephen as a spineless man child; the “devout Catholic” who doesn’t take a public stand against abortion or gay marriage. The guy who punches down on the party of hysterical reaction night after night; a lifestyle that results in only minimum (if any) criticism in his social sphere, and disruption of his daily life. The guy that doesn’t seem to know you can take serious swings at the Democrats, and still hold leftist social views.

He’s just not for me.

>denies shills

You’re literally a shill, though. Just look at your seething posts shitting up this thread, soycuckold.

Fpbp. He was perfect in strangers with candy. Now he's a has been, shilling unabashedly for the dems

>thinks disney marketers care about this shithole
yes, you're all very important ans super smart for not falling for the evil corporate threads about movies you don't like

Obnoxious.

Is there any late night host that is not smug?

he's a pretty good voice actor and was well-casted in this role.

I always hated late night comedies.

do you have anything other than that accurate summation of Colbert's "comedy"?

Ok this is getting silly now...

He was funny as his old persona. Who knew the actual Cobert was just an arrogant, unfunny cunt...

Look at either Casey or Ben Affleck’s interviews and tell me that’s normal for a talk show host

you sure are trying everything to deny being a shill... must be a shill

my thoughts too

Huh?

>i'm right because you said i'm not right
flawless logic

hes one of (((them)))

Bull Fucking Shit.
Didn't he ask her how games cause sexism if they don't cause violence, then changed the subject to cover for her, then edited it out of the youtube clip? All after shitting on the cancel colbert chick for being a whiny attention whore?