>Out this Week:
Darth Maul #3 (April 26)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/67rk3z/got_my_hands_on_the_guardians_of_the_whills_book/
youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is she, /swco/?

Thanks for reminding me Genndy's Star Wars series is not canon............-___-

>tfw no togruta gf

This is now a Picard thread.

>They'll remake KOTOR but still won't let you romance Mission Vao.

There is no justice in this world.

Seriously, what the fuck is your problem?

D A R K
G R E E T I N G S

It's Dave Filoni that makes these posts.
He wants /swco/ to do his job for him.

>0_days.jpeg

Who is the better TFA character: Kylo Ren or Finn?

Challenge: Name a more legit Imperial than Yularen.

You can't.

Autistic people can become extremely territorial. Marking the thread makes being within it feel safer to the poor thing.

Both are bland and uninteresting but if I had to pick I would say Finn, because he's kinda consistent.
Kylo at first makes the impression of powerful force user, basically Vader 2.0 But then later is revealed to be whiny kid, basically Vader wannabe.

I really hope they expand on his power a bit in TLJ. I mean this guy can pull off wizard shit the likes of which we've never seen before and it's barely mentioned.

Finn. Ren's whole character arc is just a repeat of Anakin one way or the other.

Finn didn't get a good story arc in TFA but at least his characterization can't be summed up with a Linkin Park song.

Don't forget that "he can't beat first time maRey sue easily because he's only training" despite the fact that he can stop blaster shots mid air, exract information from one's mind (Vader couldn't do that) and do all kind of powerful shit.

>because he's kinda consistent.
Eh, it was weird for him to immediately be fine with killing his old comrades so quickly after his other trooper friend was killed.

I didn't say he made any sense, just that he was consistent
Sad how low the bar is...

>same post, same guy, every thread

Remember that scene dedicated to showcasing how powerful Chewy's bowcaster was?

Remember how Kylo took a shot of it to his gut right before his fight?

Remember how he fought Finn before he fought Rey?

Mirialan

I don't think you know what consistency is.
>beginning of the movie
>finn cant shoot
>saddened by loss of comrade
two seconds later
>becomes gungho Rambo stormtrooper slaughterer because he's a designated good guy

that's the opposite of consistency, it'd be consistent if he tried his damnedest to avoid killing stormtroopers on the escape from the finalizer or hesitated on takodana or starkiller, but no he goes right in full slaughtermode

>using the old bowcaster excuse again

>Those threads where you don't post at the beginning

This isn't an argument.

And getting shot once isn't an excuse.

Which was worse?

>Kylo at first makes the impression of powerful force user, basically Vader 2.0 But then later is revealed to be whiny kid, basically Vader wannabe.

that's... that's the same character user

How the fuck isn't it.
Your fucking guts would be hanging out and shit you know how much that stings goddamn

better question

WHICH WAS WORSE?

I really like Finn but this bothered me a lot too. They're his former comrades, they were taken from their families and brainwashed too, you'd think he'd have sympathy for their plight. Especially since Finn is supposed to be kind. He's not wrong for trying to defend himself or his friends, but is some hesitancy or sadness over having to kill the Stormtroopers too much to ask?

It's like driving past a hobo everyday on your way to work, and then one day the hobo isn't there.
You can't help but wonder what happened to the hobo.

>Remember that scene dedicated to showcasing how powerful Chewy's bowcaster was?
If you're talking about that bowcaster which shots literally blew away two humans at once or threw them away 10 meters, and then made Kylo mearly fall for a second, then yes I remember.
You're probably right, it made him fight worse but this bowcaster thing demonstrates yet another inconsistency and poor writing in general. It's just so irritating to me.
I personally don't mind lines about sand if at least there is no shit like that.
Hmm, you're right, you convinced me. Both cahrtacters suck ass.
TFA by far. I think Rogue One was great. Fite me.

no one with a brain dislikes Rogue One

Okay you know how there's always this guy pointing some binoculars at ships going in and out of the rebellion headquarters-

What's up with that?
What's he doing?

Right, so he was able to chase them into the forest, get Finn on the ground twice, beat Finn eventually, and force push Rey up a tree?
user, he had plenty of chances to beat the both of them but didn't have the brains.

>Your fucking guts would be hanging out and shit
Not in Star Wars at least, anyway. There are clones that put up a fight after getting shot multiple times.

>Anakin Skywalker is a Vader wannabe
whut

what would the whiny EUfag shitposters crying about mice be in such a scenario? bicyclists riding right on the line of the bike lane forcing motorists to swerve?

I dislike Rogue One, but I don't think it's a bad movie

as I said, no one with a brain dislikes Rogue One

So for shits and gigs I went down to this toy shop I found out was two minutes from me. They had so many star wars figures, especially from the clone wars. And I found a fucking tarkin that was priced way cheap.

good day lads. Almost picked up a TCW Obi-Wan too

I loved both

Post books you think Star Wars characters would enjoy reading.

I'll go first

>Ezra

SLUT
L
U
T

>what would the whiny EUfag shitposters crying about mice be in such a scenario? bicyclists riding right on the line of the bike lane forcing motorists to swerve?
Cranky 40 year olds

>using the source as a source
um ... why is that a bad thing?

>Almost picked up a TCW Obi-Wan too
go back and get it, you fool!

>There are clones that put up a fight after getting shot multiple times
So you literally didn't watch the movie then, right?

The bowcaster isn't a normal gun. That was foreshadowed, possibly even TOO heavy handedly. If you watch the Kylo fight, he's clearly in pain the entire time; he can't even pull the damn lightsaber to himself.

I swear, people complain about dumb movies but then they don't even pay attention.

>tfw no money for it

This place was a fucking goldmine, I'm going back next paycheck

the Anakin was a letdown though

I like nu-canon but I fucking HATE TFA, and TLJ doesn't look any better. How do I get over my hatred?

Hello Sup Forums.

people dont give a shit. they wanted another epic saturday morning cartoon villain like maul or grievous or vader. there could've been another 30 minutes to explain why kylo lost and they wouldnt give a fuck

Focus on rebels, and written content?

Thrawn was pretty good

He wants to know

reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/67rk3z/got_my_hands_on_the_guardians_of_the_whills_book/

Guardians of the Whills is out in the wild

>most people that like prequel era prefer the cartoons to the movies

hmm i wonder what you should do hmm

NOOO

please don't spoil this for me

Kylo. He's the only one with any depth or interesting story ahead of him. Finn was already ruined when they made his Stormtrooper background and brainwashing mean nothing.

>That was foreshadowed, possibly even TOO heavy handedly.
No, it was inconsistent throughout the film. There were a few points where the bowcaster was used and didn't have any sort of knockback effect on the user. Then there were other times when Han used it and a stormtrooper went flying.
If you're going to pay attention to details like that then in reality Ren should have been knocked off the platform completely.
>he's clearly in pain the entire time; he can't even pull the damn lightsaber to himself
Sure, but that doesn't stop him from swinging and dancing like a mad man every two seconds.

I think the point was that at the very last second Kylo partially tanked it. He's stronger than random Stormtroopers but the troopers were meant to show how deadly that weapon is. Its power didn't change against Kylo.

Powering through pain is a thing. That doesn't mean you aren't injured. The longer you fight, the more you'll weaken.

I don't know why I bother having this argument. People are way too set in their idea of Kylo not being hurt at all because they can't get over Rey winning that fight.

I think Rey's a mary sue as much as the next guy but the fight is a dumb argument to make since Kylo was bleeding everywhere.

Use Rey's mastery of mind tricks or mind reading as Mary Sue.

>If you're going to pay attention to details like that then in reality Ren should have been knocked off the platform completely.
God how dumb are you? THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT.

He tanked it because he's far stronger than your typical person. That doesn't mean he doesn't feel its effects.

To add to what said, being able to physically power through the pain doesn't stop him from being affected mentally. He can force his body to give in and move; he can't force his mind to focus.

>guy can stop blaster bolts and freeze people in place

>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr HE GOT BEAT BY A GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

fucking normie faggots leave my board

That's because she is. But the false things people point to or things they just straight up and probably willfully miss in that scene is annoying.

Rey won because she's a Mary Sue and because Ren was severely weakened.

Because it's that jarring. The guy could hold blaster shots in mid air, so he should be able to withstand a little pain. I get that they had to force them to lose for the next films, but the land splitting apart was completely fine.

>He tanked it because he's far stronger than your typical person.
So he's the hulk now? He barely moved an inch, yet stormstroopers went flying for like 20 metres.
Can't you guys just admit that it had shitty writing already?

>Rey won because she's a Mary Sue and because Ren was severely weakened.

This statement makes no sense. It's perfectly reasonable to lose to someone when you're weakened, it makes sense. I'm not even the guy you're arguing with, but this is some low quality fucking bait right here.

>mfw I just wanted to talk about figures
>it's just a "REY IS A MARY SUE' flamewar

I hate /toy/ damn it and I wanted to talk star wars figures

>A little pain
He took an enormous gutshot after getting mentally messed up from killing his father. He didn't fly away like the Stormtroopers because, surprise, he's a Force user. They're sturdier than non-Force users.

Why can't you just pay attention and stop looking for flaws that aren't there? The movie already had enough flaws that you don't have to make up others.

It makes perfect sense. She's too powerful and skilled with the Force too early because she's a Mary Sue. But she also won because she was fighting a gimped opponent. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

>He tanked it
It's not a game where he can just buy HP and be done with it. He is a human, and as demonstrated throughout the movie that bowcaster knocks you back 20 meters back. And if you tell me that he could survive because of the force, then that's just stupid. Since when can the force make you invincible to blaster shots?
"That's not how the force works"

He's a human with space magic who was able to stop a blaster bolt in mid air. It's not that odd that he'd be able to keep himself from going flying away too.

why are people complaining about the bowcaster thing when we know star wars blasters have different power settings

>imagining TFA if they went full Scary Movie and Kylo just flew off the bridge when he got shot

>imagining the public reation to Kylo from that

>He didn't fly away like the Stormtroopers because, surprise, he's a Force user.
Okay, now you're just baiting. Him being a force user makes no difference. If he stayed still because he was a strong force user then why didn't he sense it coming?

>He's a human with space magic
What's next? Jedi flying on broomsticks in TLJ? Is your argument "this is sci fi fantasy therefore characters can do anything and everytjhing they want and that's fine"? So It's fine if Jedi are able to destroy planets with the force alone, because it's space magic, right?

WHY DIDNT OBI USE FORCE SPEED TO SAVE QUI GON

youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg

>[spoken in wookie]He just murdered my life long best friend.
>let me switch my weapon to weaker setting and only then shoot him so I don't accidentaly kill him.

Why does Obi-Wan say that Yoda is his master?

>running indoors

Even Jedi masters refer to other masters as master

>“I perceive, in all things, this truth:
>That we are forever bound to the Force,
>And that the Force forever binds us together.
>What we do to one, we therefore do to all.
>And thus it is upon us to grant to all
>What we would wish for ourselves.”
-Karyn L'Yin, Sisters of Sarrav

>"That which surrounds us, binds us.
>In our connection to one, all is connected.
>This is the truth of the Force, no more, no less:
>Life binds the living.
>That which rises must fall, and that which falls must rise.
>From the first breath of the infant
>To the last breath of the Aged.
>We are one, together."
-Kiru Hali, Sage of Uhnuhakka

>"The Force is with me.
>and I am one with the Force;
>and I fear nothing,
>because all is as the Force wills it."
-The Guardian's Mantra, author unknown

>"We are awash in emotion, every day, every moment
>We are buffeted, we are confused, and sometimes,
>yes, we are consumed.
>When the pond is disturbed, we cannot see within.
>When the pond is still, we can see with clarity.
>In both instances, the water is still there.
>So too is the Force like the water,
>whether you see it clearly or not."
-Dejammy Shallon, teacher and priestess of D'janis IV

He didn't get knocked away because inconsistency.

We saw the effects a Bowcaster bolt have upon the human body on impact. What happened to Kylo, regardless of Force User or not, is inconsistent.

kek'd
He didn't. He said Yoda was "the master who instructed him". Yoda instructed many younglings in the temple as illustrated in the prequels.

>there's a Veers bust

HOLD THE FUCK UP I MUST ACQUIRE THIS

I'm scared Ahsoka's lekku will look horrible in live action when she inevitably shows up.

Why the fuck are you guys acting like the force isn't magic powers?

Which Sith would you impregnate?

Tyranus

Because there's magic, and then there's not bothering to have a consistent narrative.

I don't even care, I just thought Kylo was a weak villain the moment his helmet came off. After that he was no longer cool, intimidating or threatening.

Which makes him being an inconsistent loser in the finale even more lame.

She looks like a lemur.

Why would they?

>what is fatigue
>what is focus

Not too many Force users can conjure up the Force without adequate concentration. Even Yoda tapped out saving Obi and Anakin from Dooku dropping pillars.

>I don't even care, I just thought Kylo was a weak villain the moment his helmet came off. After that he was no longer cool, intimidating or threatening.

Darth Zoboomafoo

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Which fig is your favorite user? I have a signed Black Series Ahsoka and a FigArts ANH Luke as mine

The narrative is consistent, you're just refusing to see it.

Now I could maybe agree with you that force powers themselves aren't consistent, but that's a problem with the entire saga.

Everyone bitches about Rey in TFA, but what about Luke in ESB? He's had about 4 days of formal training and 2 years of dicking around on his own. Yet he held his own against Vader?