Almost 50 million less over the four days than TFA

>almost 50 million less over the four days than TFA
>implying it's not going to literally have one of the biggest second weekend drop-offs in box office history
>implying the terrible word of mouth isn't going to hurt it bigly
>most fanboys will not go and watch it more than once because they hated it that much
>implying the 54% audiance rating isn't already hurting it
>implying based pewds hasn't hurt it
>implying there's any positive buzz left at all

Boy it feels good to see this shit fail.

This will JUST scrape 1 billion, and will not clear 1.1, screenshot this.

>implying that isn't a massive failure in disney's eyes

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?q=https://journals.linguisticsociety.org/proceedings/index.php/SALT/article/viewFile/2860/2600&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiuhKPmkpnYAhXC8YMKHTkSD9YQFggZMAQ&usg=AOvVaw2s-ZVMq_fjAQLlAqHJgcXa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>HAHAHAHA IT ONLY WON A FUCKING BILLION DOLLARS HAHAHA MOUSE CONFIRMED BANKRUPT

Hhmmmm.....

> make 220 domestic opening weekend, over 400 international sans China.
>"Boy it feels good to see this shit fail."

Wew lad

>i wanted the second movie to do worse than the first!

I don't think Disney cares. They will milk for whatever they can and if it means Star Wars will be dead then that is just another competitor gone. They only care about dominating the market. They don't care give a shit about building on the universe or pleasing fans.

>China

This wont make $50m there

China hates smstar Wars. Especially racially diverse mixer Star Wars. You think there’s racist people over here? Wew lad! Go to China

I'm going to watch it five times because Rian Johnson looks like a kind man

>Star Wars
>Competitor
How much did your mother drink when she was pregnant.
You fags get dumber by the second.

TFA opened over 50, so that's silly

predictable

>One obvious factor in the late charge is the near-record opening forStar Wars: The Last Jedilast weekend and, whileLast Jedihopes to follow in the footsteps of its predecessor, this coming weekend features no fewer than six new wide releases hitting theaters between now and Christmas Day. Additionally, several limited releases begin to plant their flags includingSteven Spielberg'sThe Post,Aaron Sorkin'sMolly's GameandPaul Thomas Anderson'sPhantom Threadalong the wide expansion ofThe Shape of WaterandDarkest Hour. Question is, with this many new releases taking up more than 19,000 theaters in the span of just six days have we reached a tipping point?

Plus jumanji open today, and pitch perfect 3 on friday, star wars is dead.

Just taking the piss BUT jumanji will make a small dent in it i think, it will also be the rocks first big hit it think.

They do care, if fans hate the movie they won't buy the merch simple as that

If the movie fails because KK chose the wrong director and that leads to $500m less at the box office and $500m less in merch sales Disney are not just going to say 'eh oh well, we still made money'

Also think of the damage going forward. How many less people are onboard with paying to see Solo after watching their childhood hero get turned to a nephew murdering, titmilk slurping quipster?

>I think that it's normal for sequels to make more than the first!

>bigly

Soy wars a shit.

This board and a few other select social networks are woke enough to care and call tfa and tlj what they are.

>"social networks"
>calls anything soy

Whatever you say, soicuck

>the first

>>"social networks"
>>calls anything soy
>(reddit space)
>Whatever you say, soicuck

Every community has a niche u dickhead.

>Using social media for actively socializing
>Not using it to greypill normies and lolz

>posted from my iPhaggot device btw :)
Go home.

t. calle vertus

Sequels should improve on their predecessors, yes.

Dis.

T. Old fag from 2006

>that is just another competitor gone
How fucking dumb are you?

Wrong again soycuck

Mcu = soywars > fox shit

The instant shit wars isn't profitable Disney will disown it

>it matters what non-desktop device i'm posting from!
You fundamentally misunderstood the implication because you're not intelligent enough to be here, r/the_donald refugee.

Yes I know Disney owns it thank you. My point is that they've already won as long as these movies turn a profit.

This is Trump's fault

Except I am posting from my desktop, you absolute retard.

Nothing is Trump's fault. He doesn't do anything.

Do you know what competitor means?
Star Wars isn't competing with any of Disney's movies.

IMPLYING

I even went to see it and spent my money you niggers

except pass tax reform :)

Lol not all nerds and normies like marvlel and succwars

Sure you are. That's why it's nigh impossible for you to end sentences with punctuation. Not because your phone fails to do that for you or anything. As I said, pretty much everyone here is smarter than you. No use trying to lie, kid.

Enough do to the point that those that don't are absolutely irrelevant.

>PewDiePie
>based

You can leave now.

#SIXFORTHESIX

A billion dollars in lost revenue would be significant enough to make them re-evaluate what they're doing in IX for better or worse

>outing yourself as a newfag this badly

jesus christ user how embarrassing

>That's why it's nigh impossible for you to end sentences with punctuation
>>The very post you linked has punctuation.

Really getting my noggin joggin here soicuck

When it comes to marketing in a movie's budget you have to take Disney's way of marketing into consideration. All the toys, ads, product placement, everything they're doing in their parks. A budget of around 700 million would be appropriate, considering this movie will MAYBE hit a billion, it wont make all that much money for them.

>Friday was 47% ahead of Rogue One. Saturday was 38% ahead of Rogue One. Sunday was 36% ahead of Rogue One. Monday was 22.5% ahead of Rogue One. Tuesday is about 16% ahead of Rogue One....

Oh no no no no no no
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>thinking total profit only comes from tickets
You absolute retard.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS OURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Wooooow only millions and millions of dollars.

>takes toys and merchandising into accounts of the cost
>ignores it in the profit

shitpost

>so assblasted you try to turn the fourth biggest movie release ever into a negative because the movie hurts your feefees
This place is a cesspool.

>Defending the honour of a multi billon dollar coporation

They aren't going to give you a free annual pass to Disneyland laddo

Is Sup Forums retarded?

>fourth biggest movie release ever
Name one person who came in fourth at any of the contests at the last Olympic Games.
Without Google.
I can wait.

>doesn't know hat nigh means
Does your phone put that unnecessary empty line after quotes too, reddit? Fuck you're dumb.

>Oh my god he pressed the space bar that must mean he's from reddit look mom I don't know how to space or format my sentences I'm an oldfag now
▲▲

T2 did, Aliens did, TDK did etc.

IT WAS HER TURN

>the space bar
Another retard appears, complete with anachronistic memes and reaction images the locals outgrew years ago.

I'm not defending shit. The movie is not good. But it sure as shit is wildly successful.

The 4th place Olympic faggot is still not a bad competitor.

You guys do realize they paid Georgey Boy like 4.5 Billion for the rights don't you?

I can guarantee you they want to make that back this Trilogy, meaning that even with the anthology films (which are going to make less) they have to clear like 1.5 Billion to even be considered a success.

Like that's the sole purpose of the anthology films. These moves with promotion have a budget of like 500 million. DESU they're probably not even getting in the black with these movies. But only really making money from the income of the anthology films.

Theres literally nothing they can do to fix this mess now. Only wipe 7-8 from canon and give George creative control

Movies are judged by profitability in relation to expenditure, dunce.

>But it sure as shit is wildly successful
You don't actually think an opening week is enough to determine success, do you?

>MUH LEDDIT

Take your imaginary shit and leave, soicuck. Biggest newfuck sign is bitching about reddit spacing. Let me let you in on a secret; You do realize that was the original intention, right? To see if newfag would out themselves?

They've already made that 4.5 billion back you fucking retard.
The rights didn't just include the movies but EVERYTHING related to Star Wars.

are you new to movies buddy?

Disney needs to announce. A legends time line movie series. They simply start adapting the Legends time line of movies from the thrawn trilogy onward.

That way they can make even more money and fans will probably gladly see both time line movies. Also the story is already written for them cost less to write and they make double the money from the same thing. Sell more toys sell more movies.

-Thanks

Pretty sure they've already made that back

>i was just pretending!
You weren't. But why aren't you intelligent enough to know what"nigh" means?

The movie is profitable.

It's a huge marker towards success.

>sequels shouldn't be better that the movies that came before
Are you?

I'm not saying this movie wouldn't be considered a great success for a normal film, but it essentially has a budget of like 1.3 Billion if you include the 2 anthology films in between.

But I guess they're making money off merchandising and video games and all that too... but still... they need to make a fuck ton

>To see if newfag would out themselves?
That's not a question though.

Star Wars should have always been a summer release. This Kathleen cunt actually thinks she’s going to put Mary Sue Wars into Oscar contention.

Jesus christ user. First I'm from leddit, then im phone posting, but wait, no I'm not, but wait, yes I am.

Boy, you soicucks love their damage control, don't they?

The middle of a Star Wars trilogy has never not had by far the lowest box office
Literally no box office pundit ever thought it would do better than TFA
It didn't work when you tried to convince us Homecoming was a flop, or BvS was a success. It won't work now either

Too confusing for normies. They won’t grasp that this is alternate universe stuff. Plus they’ve brought Thrawn back into canon anyway, he’s the main villain in Rebels.

It’s a decent idea for cheap and successful movies though. The should start by moving backwards. Give us a Revan or Darth Bane.

When will this meme end

Kylo deserves a nomination for best supporting actor. He’s the only thing keeping the series alive at this point.

>but wait, no I'm not, but wait, yes I am
It was always yes on both. I've never wavered in the belief you're both types of cancer. The clincher is that even after being exposed, you niggerishly refuse to assimilate and format your posts properly.

inb4 you pretend you've been pretending again

Declarative question.

>no greentext
>no phone inserting useless blank line after greentext
What did reddit mean by this?

What the fuck kind of idiot thinks sequels are SUPPOSED to make less money and that's what studios expect to see?

For a franchise to be successful, they want revenue growth. No, they are not "happy to make a billion dollars."

I bet you think feminine penises exist too. You were born in the 90s, weren't you?

>UR A PHONE POSTER
Lel, where is your soicuck god now?

google.com/url?q=https://journals.linguisticsociety.org/proceedings/index.php/SALT/article/viewFile/2860/2600&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiuhKPmkpnYAhXC8YMKHTkSD9YQFggZMAQ&usg=AOvVaw2s-ZVMq_fjAQLlAqHJgcXa

I bet you are a nigger.

>Being on Sup Forums means keeping up with the latest memes and trends and not posting old things!
Newfag I have some bad news for you...

nigga, even empire had a worse box office than star wars, you must be new to movies, go back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums or whetever you came from

>I turned on my computer and opened the thread and took a picture of it using the phone I've been posting with throughout the thread and that's why the IP of this post is the same as the rest of my posts.
Daddy told you to stop pretending you're intelligent.

You are an absolute idiot. Like, why even bother explaining that even if the movie does the exact same box office wise as the previous one, merchandising means they still make a growing profit from rebuys. That's just one facet. Absolute brainlets.

Maybe they have. But I guarantee you they're not going to be happy with a movie only doing like 1 billion. Their budget either way is like 500m and no matter how you slice it they still put a ridiculous amount into buying the franchise and they're not going to happy if they even make double their investment.

So you WERE born in the 90s. Shameful.

>why the IP of this post
Kek, you absolute newfag.

Go ahead, what's my IP then?

>even if the movie does the exact same box office wise as the previous one
But it's not going to do that, it's not going to come anywhere near the #2 highest grossing movie of all time

It looks like Star Wars grossed $125 million in its initial theatrical run while Empire grossed $141 million

Then they gave Star Wars another theatrical run in the second half of the year. And another one in early 1978.

I'd actually like to see counterpoints here instead of "lol fuck ur dumb"

I was in highschool in the late 90s, yes. Did they not teach you fucking children declarative questions?

It does not have you, you idiot. That's the entire point. It just has to exist. It does not even need to break even in the box office to be a total profit to Disney, you mong.

>Star Wars is all movies
Kill yourself.

>what do you mean they didn't teach you this transgendered libcuck way of writing something the wrong way!?
No, they didn't teach me informal ways of writing. Their job was to teach children properly. Funny how hard you're sperging out what someone attacks your right to end statements with an upward inflection? Like a fag or female brained west coaster?

The question wasn't whether or not the franchise is profitable even if the second movie makes less at the box office than the first, it was whether or not the STUDIO expects or WANTS the second movie to make less at the box office.

Declarative questions have jack shit to do with inflection. Jesus. The public school system has failed you.