The people who like this movie are the worst type of people. all of my life i was a star wars fan...

the people who like this movie are the worst type of people. all of my life i was a star wars fan, more so than normies at least. played the games new the gay EU shit and read the books. that is not the current fan of star wars, its soy boys and women. these people are the worst because they are disingenuous with every fiber of their being, every aspect of their lives is dominated by what others think. its why they buy the merchandise to decorate their apartment with, its why they see the movie multiple times and post pictures of the ticket stubs, its why they get tattoos. they arent a fan of star wars, or anything for that matter. they are a fan of themselves, of their own image. they only like things on the surface level and that is evident through the things they create or what is created for them. all these people do is consume and consume and consume until they have sucked everything into their void of insincerity and conceit. these people would "like" star wars if it was 4 hours of leia vs predator as long as they could stroke their own ego in public about it

>inb4 *knew

I like you and im going to remember this for later.

too much projecting. You are probably most of the things you hate about what you just wrote, you just dont know it.

Saved.

Blame nerd culture, user, which used to be for literal nerds and was a fringe group of social outcasts who were often shy but very smart and loved weird stuff like Star Wars, Star Trek, and comic books. Even video games used to be kind of nerdy.
Now it's full of beta numales and even some faggy Chads chasing after all of the nerd culture bimbos who enjoy the attention from the thousands of betas when they pretend they've always loved Star Wars and playing D&D and all this. It's the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen.

Being a nerd used to be special, it used to mean something, then it became trendy and marketable and now it's a hollow and disgusting mountain of shit.

Fuck off newfag

He's obviously not if he just said all of that, and what you said makes no sense on any level, but that's because you are one of the countless faggots on here that has to throw a buzzword like "projecting" or "contrarian" into every post to sound like they're smart or they belong here when you're really reddit and you need to go the fuck back.

yeah man, it's not like the OT had wide appeal with large audiences, only nerds enjoyed it

I agree completely. Nerd culture became popular culture and normies have no fucking standards.

>its soy boys and women. these people are the worst because they are disingenuous with every fiber of their being
"Ree other people are all fake!" is like virgin code for "I am more interested in my fanfic about other people's inner lives than in exercising any form of empathy".

But I like it and the only star wars merch I own is Lego sets and I don't post on social media.

I'm considering seeing it again just because the throne room shot was gorgeous and I really want to see it on the big screen again.

Nerds kept it alive for normalfags to devour today.

fucking this

Nerd culture needs to die.

A friends wife wanted to argue with me about why i dont like nuwars and she's the kind if person you're describing with the posters and t shirts and squealing like an idiot at all the trailers. She said i just hated fun and wanted to ruin it for others and i wasnt sure how to explain that she was just being a trend seeking lel so nerdy wannabe asshole without being rude. The kind of people that love the new movies never gave a shit about star wars before 2010 when they all thought it was some background nerd shit.

>unironically believing this
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not him, but you're wrong. People who exist outside of the norms of society, ie most real Sup Forums users, find that their tastes tend to differ from those within the mainstream. If you genuinely like "nerdy" shit you like it because something in it appeals to you. Conversely, people within the mainstream are caught up within just that: the Main Stream. They don't have time to form their own opinions or genuinely like anything, because their whole idea of themselves is tied up in how they are seen by others, like OP said. Which is why when they find something real that others have a genuine interest in, they long for that authenticity that their life is so disastrously devoid of, so they latch onto it and pretend to like it not only to fill a void within themselves, but also to be seen as authentic by others

They don't care about the quality of the movie so long as they get those likes on social media in the first couple opening days. Blame shit like The Big Bang Theory and Marvel Cinematic Universe for the cultural mess we're in now.

Yeah I like OP too. He summed up how I feel. I was a fan, I knew stuff. But I didn't talk about with people. Now these fucks just plaster everything all over saying LOOK AT MY DICK! Star Wars was fine before them. It was popular, but not too popular. Now they have to ruined it with SjW propaganda. Drives me crazy

Nah the good thing about the OT, at least new hope, was it had mass appeal kind of unexpectedley because it had real effort and universally understandable themes in it. Even mouth breathers could notice this once they get paster the "pew pew ooohhh lasers" nu-star wars is happy to be all "pew pew" and asspulls to string along storylines without substance just enough to keep the normies rapt and buying shit.

It will probably change in the next few years though. Being a GTL chad was popular in the early 2000s.

I still think D&D and MTG is nerd shit.

Star Wars never belonged to nerds you entitled little shits. The OT was a massive phenomenon throughout the world, same for the PT.

Fucking Trekkies have more reason to complain with nutrek and yet they don't.

Honestly get over yourselves.

> I am more loyal to the product than those fucking normies!
haha I'm so happy you fucking manchildren get to live in a hell born of your own faggotry

fuck off. You are one of countless faggots that find solace for being completely irrelevant to everyday life by living vicariously through other faggots. Guess what, you probably like the OP, have a lot of these same features you find in other people, you are just too jaded to admit that you love the shit other people love and care about it as much as they do. Theres a reason you saw the Star Wars logo and clicked.

Wow you must be a soy boy. Most people are shallow and fucking stupid as hell, and smart people figure this out from a young age and either become disappointed introverts or extroverted manipulators of the idiots around them.

the thing it it wasnt made by normies, or for them. it was made by a nerd and it happened to be so genuine in effort and unique in story telling/ world building. everyone had to like it. now it is made by normies in a boardroom with quotas to meet and merchandise to sell. how can you not see the difference.

>If you liked it this is why you're wrong and I'm more intellectual than you

Yeah I thought it was alright, no I don't think it's as good as the OT. No I didn't spam "hurr durr guess what I'm about to go see" on my social media. No I haven't been going around defending it from criticism it rightly deserves.

Capcha related: Katherine's

This. And I understand the people who say we're just lifeless virgins for complaining and there is some truth to that. But to ignore that mainstream people genuinley dgaf about anything but feeding their egos and feeling of acceptance is bs. And dont give that "people can enjoy how they want to" fucking obviously they can. Its just gay is all.

>my tastes are different from the mainstream
>watches the most popular childrens fantasy films in history and complains about how it didnt go the way he wanted it to go in his late twenties.

to quote Mark Hamill, sense he is /ourguy/ now "If you are going in to this movie to relive your childhood, you are setting yourself up for failure"

the movies arent for you anymore. Its time to move on and grow up

This replt is so fucking based it hurts.

Turns out being a nerd wasn't as special as everyone thought, sorry. Pull aside the average 30 year old male, they are a walking wikitionary of retro gaming knowledge, stick around for post MCU credit scenes. They play at least 3 major game releases a year. If you were a male you were a "nerd" If you were a girl with a brother you were a "nerd", odds are good.

who said anything about being intellectual? i said being more interested in what used to be an interesting saga/universe/franchise whatever

>People not realizing TFA was just as bad (in hindsight worse)
>People unironically going into this thinking it will be le empire strikes back
>People not understanding Disney makes unremarkable drivel (see Marvel movies)
>People not giving up after the prequel trilogy (better universe outline, shitty writing and execution)
>People not realizing JJ Abrams set this whole trilogy up for failure with the most bland story outline

Rian Johnson realized what trash this trilogy was going to be and just sudoku'd it early. "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to." He realized how unoriginal and shit this new trilogy was, and he purposefully went out of his way to undo all of it. TFA was pure garbage/fanboy placation, and TLJ was a massive finger to all the faggots who like unoriginal bullshit ("hue hue millenium falcon! hue hue Chewbaacccaa").ohnson just deconstructed and fucked the whole thing. I honestly want to thank him for finally breaking free from this horseshit so at least something original can be done in the future that doesn't involve Skywalker, Palpatine, etc.

The only way they could possibly save this shit at this point is if Dennis Villeneuve took over, and there's now way in fuck he will touch this dumpster fire of a trilogy (hey, at least we have JJ amirite).

At least now most of the fan base can see how fucked this was from the beginning (you know, like when they threw out all the other material as being non-cannon). This is also the reason why you don't have two separate directors working on the same trilogy. JJ is unoriginal and bland, while Rian Johnson tries new shit (can fail epicly, just like Lucas).

Anyway, welcome to waking up and smelling the ashes that TFA set up. Now you get to be just as mad as me after seeing that piece of shit movie for the first time. (Star Trek was also shit btw)

Yeah it didnt belong to nerds because it was good enough to appeal to BOTH nerds and normies. Go fuck yourself

>You are not a real star Wars fan if you haven't bought a Porg yet

Here's the thing I don't get about the Trek series, I'm not a Trekkie myself but I find it odd that current "Nerd Culture" absolutely despises it despite Star Trek supposedly doing the whole acceptance thing they are into decades and decades ago when it was actually considered ground breaking on television.

It's the same with with women, or better still, teenagers in general. I can't even begin to tell you how many people I've met that told me they like history or philosophy when their knowledge of it was shallow at best. And I don't mean that it was their hobby and they didn't pursue it professionally. I mean they posted a few pictures on Facebook so they suddenly "liked" that thing.
I watch a lot of movies but I'd never say I'm into movies. I don't give a fuck about film-making as a craft, Hollywood, studios, actors, or anything. But these people watch one Star Wars movie and suddenly they're "fans." Absolute cancer.

You aren’t from here

This is right but also misses something - nerds are already outcasts, but liking the cool shit they connect with also fills a void in them for social acceptance just like the normies follow trend largely to be liked and accepted by their peers.
The difference is that normies are definitely the majority, so being a nerd used to make you a minority. It's like being a snob and loving opera and caviar when everyone around you is a blue-collar coal miner or truck driver-you're going to be the weird outcast that doesn't fit in, but your preferences bring you a different level of fulfillment. You know that opera is far superior to Toby Keith and caviar tastes fucking better than gas station hot dogs.

A normie won't like nerd shit when their friends all laugh at them. A nerd won't have any friends to laugh at them, so they'll like whatever they want and that usually doesn't end up being normal trendy shit because we all know it's fucking lame.

>sodoku'd
idk if you did that on purpose or what but it made me kek. i also agree with you. i think we do need some meme director who can handle such a large scale production ie, nolan, villanueve. in a perfect world i would love to see mel give all this diversity sjw shit the boot and give us an actual genuinely good story

Reddit the arguement

>I hate spiders
>Therefore I am a spider

yeah its not just star wars its these people who are so disingenuous about who they are as a person. its as if everyone dropped their own level of self expectation and expects nothing of themselves. they dedicate no interest or time to their hobbies

your a contrarian faggot for sure

It used to be on the basis of good storytelling and actual science-fiction, a genuine image of a possible future.
Now it's been hijacked by forced SJW shit like everything else, which is hilarious since they never had to "hijack" it in the first place, but libs are too stupid and destructive to know that.
They had to "fix" Star Trek like they have to fix everything, and that pissed off the fans because they knew it never needed their SJW fixing.

>I'd never say I'm into movies. I don't give a fuck about film-making as a craft, Hollywood, studios, actors, or anything
>I watch a lot of movies

>you are not a real Star Wars fan if you can't tell the difference between Luke and Luuke's saber styles

there's an EXTREME amount of projection itt

>forced SJW shit
lmao
just lmao
I can already guess that you're underage

I liked it more than the first because it at least tried to be something original. They’re both garbage films though.

However, Kylo Ren might be one of my favourite Star Wars characters of all time.

Are you stupid? I do watch a lot of movies. I also eat a lot of food. You think I know shit about food? I don't. I also don't know about paving the fucking sidewalk though I walk on it. What's your point?

I'm 33 years old and it's my day off. I've been watching Star Trek since 1989 and have seen every movie and every episode of every series. Anything else you'd like to blow out your ass?
Why aren't you in school son?

Nobody is selling Star Trek branded oranges. We get it. He's a ball and he's orange.

Inb4 Disney buys Games Workshop and makes gay Space Marines

One of above anons already said it best. You learn 80% of humans are on the cusp of being braindead, and smart choose to be introvert and avoid or extrovert and control them

I feel your pain bro....I can't believe my hero Luke went out the way he did..

disney is literally on an unstoppable path to consume all forms of media. before you know it we will have mickey mouse reading us this weeks story of a terrorist attack in rome

Under appreciated post of the thread