YA novels that should have animated adoptions

YA novels that should have animated adoptions.

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/7832868/1/An-Unexpected-Turn-of-Events
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It had a comic.

That was complete shit.

Colfer said he'd only let Hollywood make a movie adaptation if the majority of production was done in Ireland. So, theoretically he could just let the studio that did Secret of the Kells make an animated version, if they'd be interested.

It's happening in live action. I'm not hopeful.

>So, theoretically he could just let the studio that did Secret of the Kells make an animated version, if they'd be interested.
Could have actually been dope, it would be interesting to see those guys do a more sci-fi/tech oriented story.

Animorphs

The Wheel of Time, sure the first book got a 30+ issue comic series and prequel book got like 9 issues, but dammit, there is so much more that we should have gotten.

You know for the longest time I imagined Holly looked like Sally Acorn

I don't remember anything about this book.

Diehard with fairies.

I remember liking the series and reading all the books, but I honestly couldn't say what the plot was.

This. It's fucking weird. The fairies were hardcore and the kid was smart, but no details are coming to me.

Couldn't even tell you what the main conflict was, I think he wanted to control the fairies?

Artemis/Holly is my otp

amazing memory go

Boy genius steals a fairy bible and uses it to find out the secret of getting that sweet sweet leprechaun gold (lepRECON it was a set amount of gold in return for the return of captured spec ops). A bunch of drama with the heroine fairy girl and she gets tranqed when she's recharging her magic. Whole conflict is a setup of Fairies getting x chances to free her before they gotta pay up with stuff like dropping a troll in the middle of their house and the butler beating it to death with a mace. Also at one point a dwarf shows up and fakes his death because he was a criminal.

As much as I agree, I know inside that making Animorphs a cartoon would most likely mean getting rid of the Gore, Death and Horrors of War that made the series so great.

Now if it was aimed at a higher demographic, maybe on a channel like Adult Swim or Netflix, then I'd say Animorph's has a chance.

I hear this user and second the motion. But only if it's 90's HBO Spawn Todd McFarlan style/violence and carries the full MA-17 rating.
you go balls deep or you go home with Animorphs. there is no way to soft ball this without ruining it.

The Butler wasn't a butler. His dad drank hot cola in Russia. Fairies have healing factor if they bury acorns.

You mad bastard.

So we're doing this again?

Prove me wrong. Pro Tip: You can't

Yes.

Genndy Tartakovsky's Animorphs

Even as a kid I saw this as stupid.

I think a Netflix adaption would work. Some sort of cross between the most recent Power Rangers live action reboot and YA teen angst shows.

Novels are gay

>ctrl+f
>No Elric
Sup Forums in charge of being 1000 times more shittier that me again

Your gay.

>t.kid who couldn't read

The ultimate YA Novel: The Wendy's Twitter. Haha it is so witty and amazing.

Adapt the 'Life And Death' re-imagining as an animated series.

>Life And Death re-imagining

??????

Mortal Engines
The Leviathan Series
The Oracle Betrayed Series
The Boneshaker Series
The Xanth Series.

Megg Mogg & Owl

Good taste.

It's where the vampire is a chick and the dude is a human:

The rarest of all pairings in western media:
"Human Male/Monster Female"

It bothered me that every alternating book had fucking Opal Koboi as the villain. That's cute the first time it happened, but there were eight books and it got old fast.
The Lost Colony was damn good though, probably the peak of the series. I'd love to see it adapted someday. Demon culture was neat and it was so fucking satisfying seeing Minerva get her shit entirely wrecked the moment she stopped having the element of surprise.

That's cause it was fucking both boring and somehow convoluted despite being an acclaimed kids' series.

Spiderwick Chronicles should've gotten an animated series instead of the shitty movie and The Graveyard Book could've been cool.

I think you could do a PG version that is still enjoyable, the idea is a lot like Ben 10 in a lot of ways. A gruesome and mindrapey version of Animorphs would be great but it would never happen...
Plus everyone on Sup Forums would be shitposting about how much they hate edgy reboots and calling it Morph of Murder or something without ever actually reading the books, I'd rather avoid that whole mess

Nancy Drew: The Animated Series

Wait so she came back again? What was the book called? 'Opal's revenge II: return of the loli'?

Gone. I love that series. It's got great suspense, action, even humor at some moments, and is awesome. I'm sure kids would love the whole dystopian society and the superpowers.

Every even-numbered book ended up having Koboi as the villain, by the last one, it became insulting that it was even treated as a plot twist anymore.
In Time Paradox, she possesses Artemis' mom and fakes the symptoms of a faerie disease to force Holly and Artemis to go back in time and collect an extinct cure ingredient for her.
In The Last Guardian, she becomes some kind of magic techno-god or something and killing her destroys all modern technology connected to her. I blocked most of it out because it was a pretty shitty way to end the series.

Fucking how? She has no magic, no money and she gets caught at the end of book 4. Just how incompetent is fairy FBI and what do they have to do to take down this menace for good?

Colfer REALLY started phoning it in after Lost Colony.
Best Boy N°1 gets maybe four pages of screentime in the last three books after being one of the best parts of book 5.

benis

The fourth book was bad enough to make me and everyone else I knew drop the series, I can't believe they brought her back again

Man the first few books were really good and then they just degraded more and more over time.

Should have stopped after book 4.

We wouldn't have Artemis shooting a dude in the past from the future using math though.

Did that happen? I think I stopped after #6.

It was during the climax of The Lost Colony, when a demon kills Holly while the time field is collapsing and Artemis predicts where a warp is going to happen and uses it to shoot him in the fucking face THROUGH TIME.

I purposefully blocked so much of The Lost Colony from my mind. No1 was cool but the rest of it was trash and it made so little sense in the pre-established lore.

Wasn't the butler some warrior or something? I remember he beat some creature that they were 100% confident could defeat any trained human easily.

Book 5, the lost colony was good. The other 3 lost it though

The butler was literally jason statham in the transporter.

he was in all respects a mob hitman trained by one of 'those' little old asian ladies to be a living weapon from a very young age

butler isn't his job title. butler is his surname. the whole concept of butlers in-universe arose when his ancestor, a mighty warrior and deadly assassin, was asked by a nobleman who was a close, personal friend to spend the rest of his life as his bodyguard and right-hand man

he's practically the heir to a centuries old russian samurai clan

Alright memory time is go.

Artemis is a young criminal mastermind. His goal is to amass money so he can fund more expeditions to search for his disappeared father and just generally get the satisfaction of being smarter than everyone else. In book 1 his scam involves kidnapping a fairy cop and demand fairy gold for ransom. He ends upwinning that one. Fairies admit defeat begrudgingly.

In book two, it's shown the russian mob holds his father hostage. Meanwhile, fairy police is dealing with kobolds using ghetto lasers powered by human-made batteries and suspect Artemis. Artemis teams up with the fairies: he helps them find the battery supplier, they help him save his dad. In the end it's revealed some pissed off pixie mogul engineered the whole kobold thing to take over and she's incarcerated. Fairies help Artemis rescue his dad from the mob.

By book three, Artemis wants to do one final job before quitting crime. He creates a super device using stolen fairy tech and blackmails a mobster with a tech company for money in return for him not putting the tech on the market. The mobster instead steals the device. Artemis once again teams up with the fairies to steal it back. The fairies however are fed up with his shit and erase his memory of all stuff fairy.

Then there's like 6 more books and it's one giant hazy mess. Like, time travel, weird diseases that make one want to save the ecosystem, demons, clones, Artemis making out with a teenage version of the fairy cop he rescued, clones, that pissed off pixie from the second book returning as the villain like every other book, the sunken city of Atlantis, ritual cults that sacrifice endangered animals, a female rival child genius criminal mastermind, ancient angry spirits and the series ending with all human technology exploding which sucks for everyone except the Irish because they live so in tune with nature. And Artemis dies but they clone him back to life but he's basically a newborn without any memories.

Crossed with the Hulk.

Minerva was my waifu and I'm mad that they didn't ever mention her again save for one line in the book following The Lost Colony.

>tfw no beautiful prodigy gf with tight blonde curls

Since the movie's probably not happening and the eighth book probably won't be out for another few months, it would be nice to see something come out of this series.

So, if I start reading this can I just stop at book three without leaving a shitload of dangling plot threads? Hate how a lot of YA, UF and fantasy nowadays are written with plot threads everywhere to force you into keeping read.

Not him but yes.

Came in here just to post Elric. fucking YA faggots

TV-14 is plenty enough.

Young Bond novels were always awesome.

Book 4 is a pretty good stopping point. You'll get the best stories while missing out on the romance blue balls.

I think Rick Riordans myth based books (Percy Jackson, Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase) could work as a series, just move focus from the book MCs and into new heroes. You could focus on any one mythology or have a group of heroes from different mythologies globe throtting and interacting with other mythologies, like having a child of hermes meeting with Loki or Coyote, or having a group of berserking einherjar fighting a warp-spasming descendant of Cú Chulainn

So... Scion, the animated series?

Make your own fantasy series that could be adapted into cartoons thread. Faggots.

Thanks. I'll go to four theen.

>tfw Artemis never lost his virginity to Holly.

the old kingdom series would be cool as an animated series, sabriel was one of the first books i read where i felt like i could really see it playing out as i read it.

Feed would have give the artists a license to create cool dystopian and just plain weird imagery (like the fields of synthetic meat), but a cartoon that's basically about how being connected all the time leads to degradation and how social media are evil is a tough sell.

Yes. Because the books are already Scion, the book series.
Seriously, the rate of power-ups just coincides too well with a Storyteller handing xp.

i knew a kid in elementary school that was literally perfect to play as artemis

like exact 1:1

Leviathan.

>implying Artemis didn't absolutely decimate Minerva's tight virgin pussy for an entire summer and then refuse to call her back
>implying Holly wasn't a slut for centaur cock

At least there's always that one fanfic.
You know the one.

>You know the one.
I don't believe I do

I honestly would suggest five myself. It has a much nicer capstone and Colfer originally made it to go to five.

But then he'll get sucked in! That's when it starts.

fanfiction.net/s/7832868/1/An-Unexpected-Turn-of-Events

Anyone know the name of the book series where a kid gets sent to some alternate dimension? Had something to do with a guy who was made of sticks, or was made of some kind of wood like substance. Also had fairies, trolls, etc.

yikes

Five is the best book though
Especially the time travel sequence
you know the one

such a cool series, it was awesome seeing the main character slowly become more and more badass like learning echolocation, one of my favorite self-insert books

man the movie for this was so fucking shit it was just eragon all over again, and it even got a sequel for it what the fuck

meanwhile this got nothing

The Wizard of Oz

hopefully it gets a netflix series like a Series of Unfortunate Events did

Yea 6 was kind of OK, but the rest after were just hot garbage. 5 was really sick though.

what were these books about

>this got an anime
that was a weird thing to find out about

British magicians use enslaved genies to rule the British Empire

>what are some YA novels that should have animated adoptions?
>proceed to shitpost about books that aren't YA