We got to see luke take on like 20 at-ats by himself

>We got to see luke take on like 20 at-ats by himself
>He acted like a badass hero as his final send off
>People pretend they hated it

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-is-Luke-Skywalkers-midichlorian-count-How-does-his-count-compare-to-other-Jedis
youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wasn't actually him but just a hologram

Anakin didn't really get his legs chopped off. It was just a hologram. He didn't kill the younglings either. It was just a hologram.

nothing personnel , kid

Don't act like the force hologram wasn't cool, that was a fucking great reveal. The only thing I didn't like was him pointlessly dying at the end. I'm sure he'll be back as a ghost in the next one though, and since Yoda's scene showed us that force ghosts can interact with the real world I wouldn't discount the possibility of him doing more awesome shit in the next movie just yet.

What movie did you watch?

LUKE, IT'S TIME FOR MILKIES

Luke? But that was Jake Skywalker.

Just like hyperspace ramming, force hologram raises questions about past movies.

>Why didn't Obi-Wan use force hologram to investigate Geonosis?
>Why didn't he use it to confront Darth Vader on the Death Star?
>Why didn't any of the dozens of Jedi in the prequels use it?

They weren't powerful enough. Those faggots couldn't even detect Sheev

Cause he didn't have that ability. Obi-wan didn't have the experience luke did. Obi-wan only ever fought easy goons and people lower than him. Luke took on the toughest guys in the galaxy. You know how much XP Vader is worth? Luke leveled up.

This is the type of person who likes tlj, observe it.

If only there had been a Jedi that was fooled by him and still became a ghost that would instantly annihilate your headcanon.

>die in video game
>die in real life
The Last JUST

>Obi-wan didn't have the experience luke did.
ONE OF THE WISEST JEDI MASTERS WHO TRAINED AT THE HEIGHT OF THE COUNCIL AND THEN TRAINED LUKE DIDN'T HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE THAT A PIG FARMER WHO TRAINED FOR DAYYS WITH SAID MASTER AND THEN MONTHS WITH YODA

*autistic SCREEEEEEECH*

The real question is why didn't Yoda and Ben help Luke if Force ghosts can affect the real world?

Sloth Milkies is the only good ting to come from TLJ

I'm still surprised nobody picked up on that jab at the catholic church

>Luke a Jedi/priest
>Standing over a young boy in his sleep
>Activates his light saber/Phallic weapon
>Gets caught
>Congregation destroyed
>Church shut down

That is the only reason this scene is here to take a jab at the church

Obi Wan defeated Vader even harder than Luke did. And that was only one of the TWO sith Obi Wan defeated in combat.

It hadn’t been invented yet lol

>he appears with the WRONG DUCKING LIGHSTABER THAT WAS JUST BROKEN AND KYLO DOESN'T EVEN NOTICE.

Obi-Wan fought Dooku, Grievous and Ventress dozens of times through the clone wars. Besides 2 duels with Vader, the only people we see Luke fight with a lightsaber in the OT were Jabba's goons.

No we didn't. We saw a hologram of Luke get shot a lot.

Why is Luke so strong?

Anakin was the chosen one not Luke and if the force could be passed throughout lineage then why would Jedi babymaking be banned?

A planet strong in the force makes it easier for a force ghost to shift a lightning bolt.

Whats to stop the writers just saying "Yoda didn't create the lightning he just gave it a push towards the tree since the planet is strong in the force"

quora.com/What-is-Luke-Skywalkers-midichlorian-count-How-does-his-count-compare-to-other-Jedis

don't know if this shit's still canon or not

>Luke dies from the Force equivalent of a Jedi doing a facetime video
"great send off"

I did hate it.
>it was a cheesy deus ex machina
>if he dies right away anyway, why not have him show up personally
>that dumb shoulder brush
>Matrix dodge
>could just as easily had Rey go off, meet up with everyone, and then have Luke be the one to lift the rocks in a surprise move when everyone is trapped and all hope is lost--his entire character is based on saving his friends and bringing hope to a desperate situation. Then he can die in a more dignified or plot-relevant fashion in Ep. 9.

Idk, there was just so much wrong with it to me.

I like the idea that Luke's force-ghost-like manifestation was to take away the opportunity for Kylo to kill him and descend further into the darkness. It was pacifism at it's best and I think that suits Luke.

if it's a jab at the catholic church is a well deserved one

Because he'd die
Because it'd be the same result - he'd die
Because they'd die

Luke, did I ever tell you about light speed missiles? It's a combat maneuver that no one in the history of the Republic ever used in spite of having access to FTL technology for thousands of years. It is an attack so devastating that whichever side uses it first wins. End of story. There are no safeguards against it, so now that it has been discovered, it is wisest to resort to it at the slightest hint of danger, because if you hesitate, your side has already lost. It took a smart and brave lady general to discover the technique. Had she been just a bit less brave and a bit smarter the concept of "remote control" might have occurred to her as well and she could have been a good friend.

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM

Because even Luke, possibly the most powerful Jedi featured in the entire series, managed to project himself for about ten minutes before it killed his ass. I can't believe this point was even raised, it's painfully obvious.

>wow, Luke discovered some ancient jedi ability while secluded on a planet with ancient jedi teachings
>REEEEEEEEEEE WHY DIDN'T OBI WAN DO THIS 50 YEARS AGO

The Force projection thing doesn't really break the lore, but the hyperspace/lightspeed ramming definitely does. Also Luke is still the Son of the Chosen One, which justifies it more so.

My head canon is: only Luke is able to pull something like this off given he's the most powerful Jedi ever.

>wasn't present during the climax of the movie
>got to distract Kylo ren for five minutes during the secondary climax
>croaks of exhaustion right after
>meanwhile admiral tumblr did the same thing as him only more heroic, effective and spectacular way

Your're fucking delusional if you think Luke was done justice friend

He literally did something that R2-D2 can do... he should have lifted his X-Wing out of the water and showed up in person.
But nooo it's too similar to ESB we have to do something different!!!
Fuck Rian

I did
>pedo uncle Luke was not needed in the film
>neither was Allah Akbur rebels in the R1 desert city convoy ambush

People who hated TLJ would have hated any new star wars movie just to be contrarian shitheads. Doesn't matter how much you justify what was in the movie.

If they had made Luke do anything cooler, they'd just complain about how OP Luke is and how they ignored the main characters and didn't give them enough cool shit.

>deus machina
I don't think you know what those are user

I have to agree. They're obsessed with seeing stuff fail to the point that they will outright deny themselves a good movie experience so they can shitpost on here.

>Luke, possibly the most powerful Jedi featured in the entire series
Since when?

Agreed only Suburban retards think that The Last Jedi are bad

I loved it until it was revealed it was le ruse and he wasn't there.... and then died anyway

False. Tons of people that liked TFA hated TLJ.

Did you not see Leia become a God in this movie with no training whatsoever? Why do you think people wouldn't like Luke being OP? Because he's an old white male?

Still my favorite.

I hate it for shitting on Luke, I didn't like TFA and R1 one had issues but they still had a spirit of creativity to them without damaging the saga or legacy of Luke fucking Skywalker. There is nothing to TLJ at all. It copies major aspects, themes, scenes, and events from both TESB and ROTJ to the letter; even Snoke's dialogue with Rey is almost a 1:1 parallel that the Emperor does to Luke, his send off was terrible, the movie sucks.

The point is that Luke Skywalker as a symbol is infinitely more powerful than Luke Skywalker the man could ever be

Im sorry you're an infant who wanted Luke to destroy the whole fleet with his mind and get a 100k killstreak

I liked TFA even tho it had problems because I was excited to see where things go...
The Last Jedi is one of the worst sequels ever made.

I think it'd have been more powerful if he'd used the force to somehow stop the first order, it could mirror Rey moving the boulder, like it rhymes.

Fuck off shit eater. If I was contrarian about Star Wars I wouldn't have read the books, bought the films multiple times, played the games, and went to go see the movies in theaters every time on opening weekend. This film was just straight up trash. The Prequels may have been a jumbled mess but at least it got us a lot of cool shit like the Clone Wars and expanded the universe in a good way, what the fuck does TLJ do for the universe? Fucking nothing.

Anyone else just fucking hate Rich?

>Tons of people

>a bloo bloo bloo MY luke skywalker would NEVER EVER make a mistake!

cementing the ultimate pacifism of his character that we saw in RotJ

Fuck off Kathleen you salty ugly cunt.

That was said literally nowhere in the movie. And ghosts appear all over the place - Hoth, Endor, outer space, etc.

How they handled Luke made there literally be no reason whatsoever for episode 7 or 8 to be connected to 1-6.
They've made stand alone movies set in the Star Wars universe and are pretending that they are part of a 9 part story.

Are you kidding me? It was a complete embarrassment

>doesn't care Han died
>doesn't care his friends died
>thought about killing his nephew
>shot in weird angles like he's some sort of pedophile preying on a sleeping child
>his big redemption was that he showed up entirely too late and distracted Kylo Ren for five minutes so the rebels can escape
>meanwhile Laura Dern did the exact same shit, only she took out an entire fleet and it was visually memorable

Imagine being this contrarian.

>We got to see Luke take on 4 space yak teats all by himself
>He acted like a thirsty badass in search of nutrients

Uhh it weaponized lightspeed I guess and makes all the events in TFA pointless...
But honestly It sets up Reylo that's about it.

Almost all reviewers that panned TLJ said they had liked it or were fine with it.

I always assumed it_was_Luke who was the chosen one and that the Jedi council were mistaken. Seeing as he restored balance and ended the Sith and all.

Guess that theory is toal shit now that nothing important actually happened following the events of the Battle of Yavin.

if he went to that island to die why would he bother to learn new shit?

Wow its almost as if the chosen one thing was total fucking nonsense and a retcon based on marketing that is totally incompatible with the original trilogy

remember when Luke tossed the emperor into the hole? yeah me neither, just can't place my finger on who did it though.

HMMMMMMMM, who else was in the room?

Even as a baby you were ugly, Kathleen.

>certain point of view
But yeah, that's a nice way too look at it.

Actually that is what I would want to see when I go see Star Wars. It’s not some fucking masterpiece kinotography, it’s an action sci-fi flick. I want to see crazy shit happen, and I was very disappointed when the most powerful character in the franchise did not in fact do any of this before dying. Jesus fuck even his dodging was pretty damn cool. I wanted a prequel tier lightsaber duel and all I got was rian johnson’s retarded vision of Star Wars

i would have been more impressed if he had stopped all the AT-AT shots in midair like kylo did at the beginning TFA. it would have showed evidence of luke having actually taught kylo something. instead we had a moment that was initially confusing; only to be clarified with a 'twist' that he wasnt there to begin with.

hell i would have been happier with luke just toppling the At-ATs like dominos with the force or something stupid like that. mebe force throw his x-wing at them

Because that would create tribal feuds within the Order.

>hey, cool! Luke was actually on another planet the whole time! He was never in any danger!
>*Luke dies anyway*

That's why people hated it, you fucking moron.

Because it's a movie series for kids

>meaningless action is good

t. prequels lover

>He acted like a badass hero as his final send off

NO...The Mouse must pay

How did hologram luke hand leia the gift? How did he even have it since he's a hologram?

Sorry, kid. I though TFA was okay. TLJ is irredeemable trash.

I mean the way I see it all Anakin was prophecized to do was bring balance to the force and that he did.

better question. since when did han solo like the SW equivalent of fuzzy dice? and when did fuzzy dice ever remind anyone of han solo?

This. What was the fucking point if he was going to die anyways? What a shitty power.

since a new hope

the problem is no star wars movie can live up to what you've built them to be in your head. everyone experiences the film differently and the bits and pieces and impressions that stick are unique to each person.

Why does everyone think this was Luke's "send-off"?
He's not out of the story.
He leveled up.
It's the natural progression of Jedi:
Apprentice
Master
Force Ghost

They weren't even subtle about his return. Y'all are just getting mad cause you like being mad.

i wanted to see luke really fuck up at least a little bit of shit. i don't even like the eu, but luke is a badass mofo even in the vong storyline:

>During the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar, Luke had shown himself capable of consciously reaching a state of Oneness. He was described as a maelstrom of luminous Force energy, against which there was no shelter. So calm and focused was he that his actions were not interrupted by any thought. Luke merged with the Force to such a degree that the Jedi Master did not seem to be there, physically or as an individual personality. Luke's control over his lightsaber blade was so great that he was said to might as well have been wielding ten, or twenty lightsabers against the Vong.

That's true. This board is filled with babies, but honestly, it's probably not real starwars fans whining about this.

Luke didn't do shit this entire movie and his death was completely pointless. Luke did not have to go to that bunker so that Poe could try to find a way out.

>juvenile powerlevel shit

yawn