I don't get it, why are people so obsessed with this page of a shit webcomic?

I don't get it, why are people so obsessed with this page of a shit webcomic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UnRmSsckbnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's because it was so out of place in a comic about video games. Imagine if out of nowhere there was an episode of Adventure Time where Finn goes through chemotherapy.

>page of a shit webcomic?
That's the reason why, the comic was already shit before, attempting to do a serious plot about miscarriages was the tipping point

Did he really write and draw this image.

Yes.

More like if Rugrats has an episode about pedophiles.

Is this loss?

As a matter of fact, it is, user!

There's a long history before this comic was released in which CAD was already regularly lambasted.

Basically, Tim B^Uckley was constantly mocked on Sup Forums and Sup Forums for 3 main reasons:
1) WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS.
- Tim would make panels practically filled with nothing but words in an attempt to be clever or witty with whatever he was saying. This turned into a series of competitions on Sup Forums referred to as "The CAD Rule" in which you could tell the same joke with only 2 panels in 10 words or less.
2) Overinflated ego
- Tim genuinely believed (believes?) that his opinion is so valuable that he considered himself as a leader of sorts, a beacon of light in a world of chaos. This goes hand in hand with him writing for the sake of reading what he wrote. Combine this with the fact that his character is a self-insert with the SAME FUCKING NAME that continued dating his self-insert girlfriend, even years after the real-life relationship ended. In addition to marriage and a fictional child with her.
3) B^U
- Tim is a terrible artist and even though he has improved, he used to be phenomenally lazy with his work. All his faces looked like the emoticon "B^U" because he would literally copy and paste faces over and over again. In addition to this, he never drew his own backgrounds; they were constantly taken from google image search, just to demonstrate a total lack of creativity.

Tim, finally becoming subtly aware of the constant criticism that he was getting, decided to do something drastic. To prove his merit as an artist, he drew a comic with no words, with new positions, and demonstrated his profundity by touching on deep topics that helped push past his ended real life relationship.

And by that, I mean that he googled "hospital" images and drew his ex-girlfriend goingthrough a miscarriage. Followed by a 3 LONG PAGE explanation of what it meant to him.

Needless to say, it is literally the funniest moment in the history of his webcomic.

Wow I didn't even know the girl in the webcomics was an ex. That's fucking pathetic

I'm not usually one to poke fun at others, but didn't he once try to make his own version of PAX because he thought he was that great?

Can this be a Loss thread?

>My comic that is based solely in jokes about direct references on copyrighted names, subjects, brands and characters that i don't own or have permission to use is protected by copyright LOL

Yes

>In addition to this, he never drew his own backgrounds; they were constantly taken from google image search
Oh hey, that jogged my memory of this. Basically Tim got accused of copying this character design.
There was also the one where we compared the same joke being made by CAD to one being made by Penny Arcade to really accentuate Tim's love of WORDS. But I don't have that one.

Honestly would not surprise me if he did.

I love how he backpedalled when he got a backlash for this saying some shit like "when he mentioned his lawyer, it was to made sure it was everything ok, as if they could help the kid avoid trouble"

This meltdown will never happen again.

Reminder that he showed his dick to a teenager.

Fuck, the end got me.

Timing is everything.

Strange as it seems, though Ctrl+Alt+Del was absolute shite and most people acknowledged that, it was still one of the most well-read webcomic out there. Hell they were able to fund a (fucking god-awful) premium/subscriber animated web series back when that kind of thing just didn't happen.

At the time a lot of people were starting to turn on Ctrl+Alt+Del because the webcomic world was openning up and people were seeing how terrible it really was. Some people (particularly Sup Forums) continued to read for "so bad it's REALLY FUCKING BAD" morbid curiosity and ridicule reasons. The animated series was flopping, Fuckley was doing some god-awful pregnancy plot in a paper-thin attempt to bait his leaving viewer-base.

And then this happened. And (part of) the internet exploded. It's just a special moment in internet history. Nothing else quite like it.

Well, Adventure Time got derailed into a mess of hipster pandering shit so it's not a good example.

Wait, found them

Dare to compare.

loss thread?

Here, have some true loss kino.

I chuckled

Seems like two different mediocre jokes about the same game.

Adventure time has heavy shit all the time.

idk man I thought it got better as time went on.

It got worse as a cartoon for children, but I thought it got funnier and less cringy from season 2.

Dammit
I JUST finished taking all my LOSS images off my phone.

Did anyone ever save that parody of the song LOVE that someone did for LOSS?

Im in tears. Great shit

Nothing else can top this.

The pinnacle of the third millennium.

Loss is like three layers of shittiness.

Take one of the worst genres of webcomics.

Then take one of the worst webcomics of that genre.

Then take the worst page of that webcomic.

It's almost like its own art form.

AT handled dark subjects pretty well. The show could go from subject to subject remarkable smoothly.

Better example, if Spongebob made "Mistakes into Miracles" an actual episode.

It needs to be emphasized that his fiancé literally had a fucking miscarriage and he made a webcomic about it without her permission. He blasted a very private and heartbreaking experience into the public so he could boost his ego. It was an insanely selfish and terrible to do.

Then after this he went on record saying that it was just as painful for him as it was for her (you know the person who had to give birth to the dead fetus) and THEN said that he didn't understand why she wasn't over it yet. And it wasn't that long after the miscarriage happened.

It ruined his relationship with his fiancé. She called off the marriage and left him. And so he became even more of a laughing stock.

I think the funnier part of this meme are the variations

It's because its such a piece of shit that people are obsessed with it.

Art will never achieve a higher form than this
Existence is meaningless and insulting

Adventure time would find a way to make it funny. The tone here was really jarring and out of place, which is kind of a different thing.

Because it's everywhere

>webm
... fuck

>shit webcomic
It's not. Penny Arcade, however...

No it isnt, if you look in the bottom right corner, it says

>fan "art" by Marcis Liepa

If you mean recent penny arcade, sure.

An autistic, underage teenager

You mean this?

youtube.com/watch?v=UnRmSsckbnI

I knew the memes were real and why people loved them, but holy shit. That's the part of the story that I missed - that the page was based on a real life event with someone he had a relationship with. There's simply no forgiving that. Even Ghandi would smile and sadly say "You are without hope."

Ghandi was a cunt, user.

>Videogames don't make you violent
>We outnumber you, don't fuck with us

I need more edits pl0x

Holy shit I used to feel bad for this guy cause he was mocked so much

How can someone be such a conceited shithead?

Thank you user.
If I could I'd give you money.

Buckley is a piece of shit.

I thought we were forbidden from discussing CAD on Sup Forums, along with Sinfest and I don't really know what else.

I got a few on me.

since this is the only relevant thread to ask in, where's the /HYW/ thread? I don't see it

kek

This one is fucking next level.

The absolute madmen

>mfw

That has to be a shop.

Imagine if AT had an episode about nihilism. OH WAIT!

>Not delivered

It's not, senpai.

>there are still people on this board who dont know about loss

you weren't around in 2007, i can tell

you just wouldn't understand...

I always though this was an attempt to shame the artist into killing himself.

I don't it that out of place, the show is based at least looking like a comic strip.

I kek'd, good show.

Alan does Loss

That sort of happened with the baby clam episode.

>Wasn't saved in its original title "It's Not Delivery"
What a waste