I have continuity questions

I have continuity questions

Did young Clark have adventures as Superboy?
Did young Clark meet the Legion of Superheroes?
Where the hell is Conner Kent?

You could try e-mailing [email protected]

He probally did.
That's what's missing
That and Conner

Didn't Conner end up in the future, where adult Beast Boy switched him with the evil Superboy, who was sent further into the future with the Teen Titans?
Soooo... still in the future with adult Gar?

No Evil Superboy went back in time with the Titans.
Clone Superboy went on a time adventure with Oracle to save Supergirl in the past and died saving her.
Evil Superboy became good with Clone superboy somehow in his head and got reformed or something like that.
Then Superboy shows up in Teen Titans again and kills a group of aliens after running for 6 issues Harvest pops up out of nowhere and convinces him to leave. What happens after that is up in the air. He either left with Harvest or killed himself ramming into the roof the art didnt make it clear.

>reading this

Yeah Superboy is fucked up thanks to Lobdell and thats just the end of his story. I think he had '3' DNA strands (Superman,Lex, and someone )or something like that and probaly other bs.

Yes it was implied N52 Superman at a young age had interactions with the Legion, but I'm guessing was mindwiped after each one.

Conner Kent isn't around. We had a Kon-el or two at early N52 but he's been dead or in a future timeline that's been erased by now?? It's all more complicated than it was good to read so best to just forget it.

Lobdell made Conner Hawksnarl levels of retarded.

I'm wondering when the "Rebirth" banner is going to leave, or will we be stuck with it until the next reboot like we were with New 52?

>Rebirth
>reboot

probably in 2 years when the story wraps up.

or year and like 3 months?

Then the next time they decide to have the majority of their comic line go back to issue 1, you know what I mean. When is DC going to be just DC again?
This never happened with New 52 though, that damn title was on almost everything until Convergence, and now Rebirth is on everything.

>978

Good lord jesus, it's not far out now, not far out at all.

What do you think they'll do for it? 1000, i mean?

i confused, didn't superdad meet new 52 superman face to face? and how do they explain lois working in daily planet while the other one is writer x?

oh wait I think we figured out when they'll take off the REBIRTH banner

When they were fused the universe was rewritten into them being the same dude and he can't even remember ever being two different guys.

i guess that simplifies a lot

so which stories are canon now? I assume the the doomed arc is now not canon since death of superman happened?

All of them are canon just don't think too hard and accept it

damn, but now I can't reread my new 52 superman books because I'll be scratching my head throughout on how this is happening with just one superman in mind. this is why i shouldn't have bought comic books, it's infinite crisis all over again.

still, i'm so happy classic superman is back and terrible new 52 lois is gone

>now I can't reread my new 52 superman books
Why would you?

I'm curious about Olsen. Does he know that Clark is Superman?

Action Comics 1000 probably. It'll be some huge ass issue wrapping up Rebirth's main storyline I'd imagine.

I dunno, I see them giving that to Detective Comics before Action Comics.

If they don't do an anniversary legendary titular moral superman stories it'll be a waste.

Is it action 800 with all the short stories? Like that, but double sized.

or something like whatever happened to the caped crusader, like a tribute/retrospective

do you think Alan Moore would be willing to come back to celebrate 1000 issues of Action Comics? Or is he too salty?

fat chance, he's already saying he's on the tail end of his writing and will probably quit soon after league of extraordinary gentlement because he's burned out.

gaiman, jurgens, johns or morrison(if he still has the time) would probably be the top choices for DC.

other writers like snyder and co. would be the last choices

no joke, I'd rather have paul dini write AC #1000

idk, I think Moore might. He really loves Superman at his core, his Supreme run is fantastic.

he might, but like I said, very very small chance. Honestly though, the chance of him writing a controversial superman story at his landmark issue is very high since this is alan moore we're talking about and that's something I don't want.

It's gonna be Richard Donner + Alex Ross

Jon Bogdanov, an ex Superman artist, said they might be going back to trunks in 1000. And that jurgens is pushing for it. The Siegel and schuster family have a big rights thing for the trunks so the redesigns like the New 52 were supposedly trying to buck that, and move towards a company owned costume. But it might've been worked out now.

Based. Does marvel have an equivalent of Jurgens for their legacy event?

well that explains a lot, except that the trunks, symbol, and cape have become the default super hero design.

And hasn't it been 75 years, where do they get off demanding rights?

Either way the new suit with the red belt is very passable

>I have continuity questions

so does literally everybody

Bendis. in a reverse flash sort of way.

I think they were trying to claim the classic suit as being owned by Siegel and Schuster. DC has had issues with them historically so I'm not too surprised if that's the case.

k but still the time limit has come and gone, unless they're mickey mousing their way into some kind of extension I don't see where they get a leg to stand on

Golden Age supes didn't have red boots either, so could they have claimed Superdad as something they owned?

I almost wish that they didn't try to explain the superman merging shit. Just leave him dead fuck it.

You know what, fuck it. I DO wish they didn't try to explain it.

Fuck continuity just fucking do it nobody cares if the story is good enough. Just be like, "oh everybody treats the old Superman like this one", now it's just all fucked. YOU'VE FUCKED IT ALL UP GOOD DC CONGRATS!

New52 kinda gradually faded away when DCYou started. Then that left as quickly as it came and Rebirth was announced. So really it shouldn't still be here the years down the line or something, 2 seems like a good guess.

Unlike Marvel, DC has the smarts to stick with a brand/status quo that makes them money and doesn't move on to the next "it" thing every six months.

There's a reason Rebirth is still a hot commodity while "Make Mine Marvel" elicits apathy from literally everyone.

>The Siegel and schuster family have a big rights thing for the trunks so the redesigns like the New 52 were supposedly trying to buck that, and move towards a company owned costume.

Is THAT what it is? Holy shit I thought someone high up at DC was just overly self-conscious about the tights looking "faggy".

Eh. Everything up the Flashpoint is pretty much the same (except for the Kents being dead, WHY) so I don't really care.

What I don't get is why they didn't do the continuity merge in the leadup to Rebirth. Tomasi had plenty of issues to do Reborn but he went with the Death of Superbro instead. Makes me think the original plan was to just leave Superbro dead and work Superdad back into continuity organically like they were doing, then someone abruptly changed their mind.

I'd expect that them being worried about the trunks was a part of the decision to get rid of them, but the rights disagreement was likely the main factor

Superboy when?