I agree with you.

Only normie casuals and fangirls think he's the best one tbqh

yes but he was still fun

I disagree

I don't agree.

11 was leagues worse

But this is the best.

>I watch Dr. Who

Patrician choice. Imagine how much better series 2 would have been just with eccleston instead

That's not Peter Cushing

MULLAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

chav doctor was best nu-doctor. capaldi was awesome but the writing wasn't.

>when brits call seasons "series"

you are mistaken

He's only like 3rd worst

reddit hates dr. who user

The Writing™!

What is "The Writing™"?

It is a baseless criticism.

It is a scapegoat.

"Oh, Peter Capaldi is good but The Writing™ sucks!".

People who say this and other such nonsense have no idea what actually goes into making an episode. Someone doesn't just write an episode then they go out to film it once it's finished, it's a thing that takes countless drafts and rewrites.

Whenever someone complains about The Writing™, it's almost always an excuse to complain at something you don't like without actually giving legitimate criticisms. The Writers™ don't just go out and say "oh, let's try and make every episode his series be bad!" and there isn't just one Writer™.

It is okay to not like stuff. You don't even need a reason to dislike an episode or an era, it could just be something that's not your cup of tea. But blaming The Writing™ without any criticisms just tells me that you want others to take the blame for something that you can just keep quiet about.

reddit.com/r/doctorwho/

Nice try Reddit.

this is shit "The Writing"

So's this; your point?

Best Doctor coming through

>The subreddit about the show doesn't hate it!
I hate Sup Forums

Build is so fucking cute, like crazy cute. After Ghost, he's such a miracle.

Back to your fucking containment thread. Star Wars is bad enough

I would've called it a season for Americans' sake, but for Doctor Who the pre-revival ones are referred to as 'seaaons' and post-revival are 'series'

So 'Season 2' would have been the 1st Doctor

ez choice

literally the last episode

I grew up with him as The Doctor and I agree.

We know who the writers are, though. Moffat and his crew took turns writing the episodes. Some of them had distinctive styles and were better at handling certain aspects of making a story than others. All of them sucked at putting together an entire story that had good emotional payoff, probably because Moffat's circle is a highly incestuous group of people who gained control over Dr. Who and Sherlock Holmes via networking rather than competence. Moffat himself loves to make plotlines where the heroes out-gambit the villains with highly convoluted schemes that he thinks are clever but which are really just nonsensical. He also doesn't seem to care for science fiction as a genre and tried to change the series to be more like a "fairy tale". This caused the show to become even less grounded than it had been under Davis, and without at least some grounding it becomes impossible to care about the characters or the setting in which they exist.

>RTD made it a soap opera
>Moffat made it a fairy tale
What's Chinballs gonna do with it?

The worst dr is the next one

journey's end is as far from the end of tennant/RTD's run as the lie of the land is from capaldi/Moffat's

What are the best seasons of Dr. Who, friends? I want to watch it but no way I'll start with the 60's stuff all the way to the current season.

The first three with Jon Pertwee and the first three or four with Tom Baker

Just watch from 1970 until you get bored

Best New Who series is 8 but skip Kill The Moon and Forest of the Night because they're shit

Everything with Jon Pertwee*