How does Commando manage to come so close to comedy, but without ever actually crossing the line into it?

How does Commando manage to come so close to comedy, but without ever actually crossing the line into it?

Arnold

It's comically awesome because you can't believe how great an expression of masculinity it is

This is a good, intelligent answer.
This is a neo-Sup Forums brainlet answer.

It's a parody and you lack the maturity to differentiate

I don't think it was meant as a parody. They wanted to make a serious thriller of some sort, but somehow it turned into... Commando.

>It's comically awesome because you can't believe how great an expression of masculinity it is

Arnold explicitely said so you overcompensating fatty

The annoying calypso steel drum music ruins it for me.
They should rescore it.

>They wanted to make a serious thriller of some sort
where did they said or implied that?
with the one-liners, over the top action and cartoon characters like the chainmail wearing aussie, how is it a serious thriller? Doing lots of coke doesn't mean they're completely delusional and they knew they were making a fun action film

the first time I saw it I was not sure if it was serious or one of the greatest bad movies. But it has to be a parody.

t. fucking millenial

You will never understand the 80's.

>you will never have Arnie as your dad

It's camp, not a full-on parody

Its the difference between mugging for the camera and continuing along with the film, as opposed to stopping to take a shart, SMILE and have morgan freeman narrate the scene

god you're a faggot I hope you die on Christmas

>remember when I said I would kill you last? I lied.

John Matrix: Ha Ha. You know when I was a boy and rock'n'roll came to East Germany, the communists said it was subversive.

[thinks and smiles]

John Matrix: Maybe they were right.

>mfw LET OFF SOME STEAM, BENNET

They just wanted to make a big action film. A lot of the silliness is general 80's-ness. These film style were pretty new, thus, they didn't quite see how silly they were.

>never understand the 80's
I wear a Frankie says Relax t-shirt in bed... I AM the 80s
>faggot
See above

No it's a Rambo remake turned comedy. Explicitely the goal of the movie.

>was not sure if it was serious or one of the greatest bad movies.
you mean one of the great movies full stop?

best line:
what did you do with Sully?
I let him go.
might be the best line in

Hello r****t

sorry you're so new

Now, now, boys; play nice.

What is Commando parodying?
It's the quintessential '80s action movie.

FUCK OFF YOU RAT CUNT

The scene of him arming for the final battle is kino. I haven't seen Commando in 20 years but I remember that scene with perfect clarity.

Whats the best Quip from this one?For me is:
"remember when I promised to kill you last?I lied"