What the hell is Ozai hoping to accomplish by scorching empty wilderness?

What the hell is Ozai hoping to accomplish by scorching empty wilderness?

Scorched Earth

Destroy their crops, make their way to their army bases and scorch their armies, probably burn a few villages along the way

Suddenly the Earth Kingdom has has no supplies, no soldiers and no new recruits

He wanted to piss off the Lorax.

That's just where he chose to start, IIRC when it zoomed out it showed he was headed for a city.

"Sir, that sounds like a retarded plan. Earth Kingdom soldiers and inhabitants would notice the giant fucking firestorm in the sky and hide in bunkers, preparing for a sneak attack as soon as the comet is out of the sky. And even if we did scorch the entire Earth Kingdom, all we would gain is dead land that would take ages to regrow and use as Fire Nation territory."

Sounds like somebody wants a fucking Agni Kai. Let's go punk.

it doesn't take that long to regrow after a forest fire. The scored land would starve out the nation though and allow for easy conquest

Wanted to ruin Earth Kingdom's softwood lumber industry like Blompf is doing with Canada.

I like that the comet was only supposed to hang around for like... an hour or so, and they figured that an hour was enough time to conquer the Earth Kingdom.

Great fucking plan. A whole kingdom is a little different to scorching 4 little isolated temples, Fire Lord.

"But my lord, many of these forests are centuries if not millennia old. Individual trees are easy to grow, but not forests. Forests take decades, long after we're both dead, to return to anywhere near a habitable state. Plus, the Earth Kingdom forests are where we get most of our air from. Air to breathe, sir. I like breathing."

Air for the Avatar to manipulate? No sir, not on my watch. We need an airless nation.

To destroy their crops/land. This would make it a lot harder to grow shit in the future. was'testablished in an episode right?

None of that fucking looked like farm lands

Earth Kingdom forests are overgrown, disgusting swamps. We will burn them down and replace them with superior Fire Nation forests. We will teach the flora of the rest of the world how to properly arrange itself.

Besides, we get most of our oxygen from ocean-based algae and phytoplankton. Forests are expendable.

God his a fucking tool, he must think he looks a hundred times better than Trump, but they both are from either extreme ends of the political spectrum.

Ozai was going to conquer the charcoal market.

but didn't he just like reach the coast or something and he was just gonna torch the whole place?

also calm down jesus

That's it, I challenge you to an Agni Kai for your insubordination and arrogance!

"Are you fucking serious, sir? By the way, your daughter has been banishing almost everybody ever since becoming Fire Lord. And I believe she is one thread away from killing whatever followers she has left. Maybe we should concentrate on protecting the Fire Nation from in-fighting before we go out and burn everything, sir."

I know how these shows go, I know why, but I would have found it actually interesting if someone opposed Ozai's retarded family and then bested him in Agni Kai.
After all Ozai can still go about doing his villainous idiocy with his loyalist and the comet's blessing and all, plus his lust for power and revenge would be even more justified if he was earlier humiliated for trying to rise his people up how he thought best only to be turned on and told to fuck off with his psychotic children, and it would also for once go to show in a fictional setting that the main characters aren't always the the ones in authority or unquestioned.

After all the Earth Kingdom was usurped secretly from within and then outside forces, don't see why everyone else can't get a turn.

Some people just wants to watch the whole world burn

>Air to breathe, sir. I like breathing.
this made me crack up, also I want to see his reaction to finding out about Zhao's plan to kill the moon(and almost succeeding in it)

Somewhere in the spirit realm, Azulon wonders why he couldn't have sent Ozai to Ba Sing Se to die while prepping up Iroh and Lu Ten as his heirs.

At first glance I thought OP's pic was a glowing, orange ice cream cone that someone dropped on the ground

> The fire lord is coming to wreck our shit
> That's ok though because we can always retreat into the woods and live off the. . .

>airless nation

So that raises the question, which element of bender would do the best in a theoretical avatar in space fight?

If you mean actually literally in space then hard to say. Space is pretty empty, it's unlikely there'd be much water or earth floating around within range, fire wouldn't do well without oxygen to help propagate it, and a vacuum doesn't help much with lightning either. Plus it obviously rules out bloodbending.

Fire would be stronger if you were nearer the sun though. And you might be able to bloodbend an opponent more easily with an unobstructed moon. They'd be your best bets.

Earthbending, provided an asteroid field or something. Beyond that? No air for Airbending, no oxygen for Firebending (though maybe could get away with generating lightning), and it's too fuck-cold for Waterbending.

>its too fuck cold for waterbending
Hey, water benders can change the state of water, so logically that means they can change its temperature, so could a bloodbender control their own body temperature?

Could they boil someone from the inside out?

fire, i think. they can still produce heat so they might be able to jet around? i guess earth in like an asteroid belt or some shit

You can have flame in space, it presumably just won't last long without oxygen as an external fuel source. As long as you're generating it you can at least probably thrust around like a starfighter and deliver flame punches.

I think lightning is even worse than fire without an atmosphere to create a path through.

Tfw we will never get a scifi/cyberpunk avatar series set in a future with aggressively Chinese space ships with probending arena esque bending supplements.

Why even look at it from a strategical stand point? They were clearly badlands they were flying over.

The comet gives them so much power and Ozai loves power. Sure, he could of just sat there and road on his airship going towards the earth kingdom, but why not show off a bunch and exercise your firebending? It probably felt good to ozai having so much power flow through his hands.

Plus, wouldn't it be a bit intimidating seeing a giant torrent of fire coming straight for your city?

>we could have had steampunk spaceships based on chinese boats and/or architecture.

it hurts.

A lot of comets are made up of ice and rocks
And when they pass by the sun they release gases

That's like 3 elements right there

>three elements
>ignoring fire
>When this thread is about a comet giving people powerful firebending.

you can't have a villain make too much sense in a show. people would start rooting for him in the end. you have to make him batshit crazy homicidal death-ray-wielding psycho who laughs maniacally on the rooftop.

Again, space is really fucking empty. At the scale of a human and their bending range, you're unlikely to actually come across anything of use if you are literally just floating in space having a spacesuited bending battle.

It only did that because it was skimming the planet's atmosphere. No atmospheric friction burn, no fire powerup.

>At the scale of a human and their bending range, you're unlikely to actually come across anything of use if you are literally just floating in space having a spacesuited bending battle.

True, but I was picturing a more likely scenario. Fighting outside of a space station, or fighting in the wreckage of a two crashed spaceships.

I imagine metal benders would have a field day with the later.

space surfing?

it all comes together.

this is the TRUE advanced airbending art: space travel

the ability to manipulate your own relative position in space freely, and to maintain and constantly recycle an orb of oxygen around you, to locomote from one planet to the next

intimidation and general dickery

Could they pull some MASER tier shit? With them bending just the straight up heat? Or would they need to bring a source of oxygen ?

Airbending.

>Everyone has an oxygen tank
>Airbender takes away everyone's oxygen supply

Airbenders are massively OP by sheer virtue of needing oxygen to survive.

so treasure planet but with chink style ships?
fund it

>build up for three seasons
>looks like Zuko in his 40's

>Metalbending
Eh, I'm sure by the point we get to Avatar in Space the materials used will be more than refined enough that metalbending wouldn't work at all on them.

The solar system is surrounded by rocks and ice, tho.

The solar system is also well outside the range a bender can affect things within.

ITT: Armchair scientists

next you'll say that Global Warming is a myth, adorable

Please do correct us. Or at least indicate the statements that you think are "armchair". If you're not willing to argue against misconceptions they'll never be changed, especially because it's likely they are unaware they're mistaken.

Stay smug and know you're not helping anything.

Not if you're a Void-Bender.

What I don't get is
How did he expect to cover a continent the size of Asia in a day

Coordinating with other air fleets in tandem with the comet?

>What the hell is Ozai hoping to accomplish by scorching empty wilderness?

Nothing.

He was an unstable, inbred, manchild parading around as the god-king-emperor-to-be of the avatar world whom got cocky because he ended up successfully conquering like 60% of the avatar's civilized world and instead of acknowledging the works of his superior technology and military minds; he gave himself all the credit.

So instead of doing something "smart" he decided he'd do a retarded show of force and just "scorch" the earth kingdom.
Nobody stood up to him because he probably signed every-bodies cheques and made the hottest fire.

>bested him in Agni Kai
>Ozai

If i recall correctly Ozai is the most powerful fire bender to ever live and his power is said to be legendary. Obviously no one would ever dare to even think of challenging him to Agni Kai as that meant certain death.

Iroh could have probably taken him, but it would have been a 60/40 or a 70/30 chance and Ozai capitalised on his nephew dying to ensure that Iroh just gave up.

Iroh probably could have stood his ground for a while and was certainly the one closest to Ozai in raw power, but unless he got a lucky strike or something i don't think even him stood a chance against Ozai going full power and all out.

>trump
>extreme end
he is just a fucking retard, thats marginally different than hillary

Omg I want and edit of the weeabo comic so bad

She still hasn't been charged for all the crimes she didn't commit so she seems smart enough compared to the guy who had to settle fraud cases against him before entering the wh

>hurr Trump is an idiot meme

You don't win an upset victory of the fucking US presidential election by being an idiot, user

Because he just became more powerful than he has ever been. He's a fucking lunatic, flexing his new power and just wanted to watch shit burn

>wannaknowhowigotthesescars?.jpg

He was accomplishing the plot for Book 3 after Ehasz gave up and let Bryke take over completely.

its as beautiful as I imagined

Go to hell, Bill.

Could they do poison?

Yeah, it turned out as well as a shitty meme edit could have hoped for, I think.

Fuck. That's actually better.

How true is this? Because it would certainly account for the drop in writing quality for book 3.

And all of the solar system's planets could fit between Earth and the Moon.

Iroh had dragon skillz bro.

No, you win by being an idiot with friends.

>If i recall correctly Ozai is the most powerful fire bender to ever live

Where did that bullshit come from?

Also, I'm fairly certain Iroh and Jeong Jeong were better.

>she didn't commit
Okay, im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just think you're another misinformed 20 something millenial on Sup Forums but lets pretend she didn't commit any crimes(even though lying under oath and destroying evidence is a pretty big one)

Lets say you were given an important job of over seeing all matter of diplomacy. Whether its making sure an ambassador gets a good hotel room or extra security when there is a fucking riot going on outisde his work place. Don't you think someone that neglects this responsibility should be fired and held accountable in some way...?
As far as we seen, Hillary has avoided any consequences for her actions simply because she has corrupt friends like her in high places.

What is the worst thing Trump has done? Say irrelevant shit like grab her by the pussy?
Oh no!
how dreadful!
Please don't disrespect women! Anything but that!

Trump University, for starters.

Again, how is any of that worse than all the fucked up shit HIllary has done during her 30+ years of political activity...?
Do you get all your opinions of Trump from Buzzfeed?

No, I just happen to think that someone who proveably has no interest in thinking of more than half of his constituency's population as equals worth being treated right is probably not someone you want as a leader.

For the record I don't think Hillary was a particularly good choice either. I think both parties made bad calls on who they picked to represent them in order to win, rather than trying to do what is good for the greatest number of people in the nation they are supposed to be representing.

It's true according to sources on Tumblr.

Iroh's own opinion on whether he could or not is shady. He doesn't sound convinced when they ask him to, it's pretty much "even if I did... and I'm not even sure I could" - and whatever you say about Iroh, he's a pretty good judge of ability. I'd guess he realised that even though he has skills Ozai doesn't, Ozai probably trumps him in raw power.

What does anything in this thread have to do with your precious "God Emperor?"

Even if Ozai trumps him in raw power, I'd still give Iroh the edge because the difference would be small, but Iroh has the wisdom of the dragons and his own personal knowledge (like studying the other elements) to help him win.

Right, and proven war criminal and gigantic liar like Hillary definitely has more interest in the population.
I don't agree with everything Trump says or does, but I firmly stand by my belief that he was the best choice in that circus of an election.

Mmm, but I was always under the impression Ozai was relieved he wouldn't have to Agni-Kai for the position of Fire Lord, and that it was because he didn't feel confident in his ability to win either. Maybe it's more like 50/50 than 60/40.

Ozai was glad he didn't need to when Iroh was at the top of his game.

But times change, Iroh was older, and Ozai was coming into the peak of his strength.

Not that Iroh couldn't possibly have won, but that he's obviously uncertain about it is, to me, a pretty decent indicator that he thinks Ozai is more likely to win if they threw down.

Don't forget. Even though they're both equal, Ozai has the killer instinct to go to the extreme, giving him the ability to do horrible things that Iroh would never even consider.

Yes, but Ozai is literally unable to do something like lightning redirection. Who knows how many other techniques like that Iroh happens to know?

Iroh in his current state in the show couldn't beat Ozai, maybe he could a little.

If we were talking Iroh before his son died, Iroh would curb stomp the shit out of Ozai because he was motherfucking beast.

If we are talking about Iroh post-son death and recovery. He could defeat him and save the world.

>son looks like his father
>people who are related look similar

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I think the real issue is user thinks the father looks like the son

What is so difficult to get from it?

He is just showing power, by making immense destruction from the sky. The entire point was to scare the Earth Kingdon forever to avoid revolts.

Even if he JUST arrived on the earth kingdom, people would see the immense walls of fire destroying forests in the distance, and tremble with his power. It's better than the alternative, that is doing nothing until you reach an strategic location to destroy with fire. Just destroy everything on the way.

This Nigga is also right

Nice trips. You're looking at this from the position of you being introduced to Zuko first. When you meet a person and then meet their parents you'll tend to say "your dad/mom looks just like you" when in reality it is the person who looks like their parents. Ozai looking like Zuko is obviously an intentional design to show that they're related. Plus I imagine they designed Ozai after Zuko.

I want to do lewd things to Azula and give her the mental and emotional support she needs.