On being told that Stalker should be faster and more dynamic...

>On being told that Stalker should be faster and more dynamic, Tarkovsky replied: “The film needs to be slower and duller at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts."

Why was he such a self-masturbatory asshole?

"I can't stand mirth. Cheerful people seem guilty to me, because they can't comprehend the mournful value of existence. I accept happiness only in children and the elderly, with all others I am intolerant."

Was he autistic?

>“The film needs to be slower and duller at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts."
A LITERAL PLEB FILTER
BRAVO ANDREI

/ourguy/

>great artist AND a great sense of humour
Tarkovsky will always be /ourguy/

That doesn't even make sense.

That sounds pretty baseline Russian to me.

Why did Stalker have me so tense throughout the movie? Once they got into the Zone I actually couldn't take my eyes away, it was so different from anything modern and succeeded at doing what modern movies try to do so much better than they actually do it. Can someone who actually understands film walk my brainlet self through it?

Russians kill each other over chess and Dostoyevsky. They're all autistic.

Tarkovsky talked so much shit about Brakhage I think he was just being tsundere

Jesus Christ the man made great films but he seems like the most self-obsessed cunt in existence. I bet he masturbated over pictures of himself on-set.

He invented the mirror selfie. If he was alive today he'd be constantly posting selfies on Instagram and talk shit about other filmmakers on Sup Forums.

>(I don't include television because it isn't art)

based

Tarkovsky - the master of us all. The greatest director of all time. I would uncover my head and kneel before his tomb.

>that chink ass hair

the signs of a subhuman slav

I have seen a bunch of films, more than 500 at least, but i have yet to finish a Tarkvosky film. I'm saving myself for now

But he's the definition of kino

Kubrick did it much earlier

cultivating an edgy reputation, heh... we've all trod that road though haven't we?

Poor guy. So brillant and aware of it, and yet so insecure and in need for validation.

Like literally everyone.