Aside from the End of Evangelion, are there any movies that have their credits not in the beginning...

Aside from the End of Evangelion, are there any movies that have their credits not in the beginning, not in the end but in the middle?
It also serves an intermission at the same time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oxx9qAMNbvA
youtube.com/watch?v=K2FM3mI-T9E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=Oxx9qAMNbvA

eva sucks

No, because EoE was trying to replicate the 25-minute, episodic format of the series. That's the only reason it broke halfway through for credits.

But it is a really great concept

I was thinking this too. I love the idea because it breaks the narrative up in an interesting way, gives a brief intermission in the middle of the movie, and allows the movie to end basically on just a Black screen. I found EoE just smashing into 'End' without credits very powerful.

>I found EoE just smashing into 'End' without credits very powerful.
That's the best thing about it.
Though I wish it wasn't just text on a black background.

I watched NGE when I was like 16, all my friends and I loved it, went full weeb, wall scrolls and shit, total fanboys.

I never got around to watching EoE. I read a synopsis once, but for all intensive purposes my Evangelion ended with CONGRATULATIONS

no, it isn't, there's a reason no one does this

Then you missed the plot ending you moron.
Half of the anime is everyone hyping up the Third Impact, and you never watched it?

>I never got around to watching EoE
Holy shit son, it's like the only worthwhile thing about the series.

I guess I'll watch it tonight. Are the new series worthwhile?

>it's like the only worthwhile thing about the series.
???

Never watched the new films but I know that they changed a lot for worse
Such as adding a new girl for no reason

It's an interesting one. And depending on the type of ending a film has, it might make it more impactful instead of jumping right into sweeping themes of the OST. Probably reminiscent of films with low-key scores played during the first portion of the credits after a revelation-type or dour closing scene. But you won't see any major film studios doing this. General audiences will think it's a short movie and walk out during the credit sequence.

It's actually a white screen with black text. It's a reverse of how every episode ends.

>But you won't see any major film studios doing this. General audiences will think it's a short movie and walk out during the credit sequence.
Yeah that's the real reason no one does this, it's a shame

"New series" is actually 3 films, with a 4th currently in production to close them out. It's a retelling where the first is basically a 1:1 remake of episodes 1-6. The second takes themes and some events from the bulk of the original series, but diverges at the end. And the 3rd takes place after a time skip and almost has no material in relation to the series. It's an interesting take, some people don't like it. But either way, you should probably watch the series and End of Evangelion before looking into the Rebuilds.

It would be great to do it now too considering everyone is conditioned by capeshit to stay after the credits any way.

Pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the audience, and everything to do with the directors guild, the writers guild, the actor's guild, and all the unions that are involved with production.
George Lucas ended up splitting with the directors and writer's guilds because he refused to put opening credits in star wars.

Good point

No but some movies have the title card like 20 minutes into the film

>End of Evangelion
was it kino?

They're actually a sequel to EoE since Anno loves Devilman and the original plot of EVA was Adam was the main Eva from the previous cycle and 2nd impavt was the creation of the cycle that the show takes place in

Blissfully yours does it. The credits roll at 40 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=K2FM3mI-T9E

It serves the purpose of underlying the difference between the first part of the movie and the second one.
Great movie.

Also I believe the credits in EoE are there because the movie was divided in two, not because of ulterior reasons.

>but for all intensive purposes

Are you still 16?

The expression is, 'all intents and purposes.'

>retelling
It's a sequel. All of it. The first film happens after the events of EoE. Shinji is too traumatized to understand or perhaps he even asked the tang to give him a second chance in EoE. By the second movie he starts manning up like he always wished he had, but in the third movie he's on new ground and reverts to his old self.

The best part of NGE as a whole is the tin foil hat conspiracies made by the fanbase and how so many of them are plausible.

Source? Pretty much everything labels it as a "retelling" or "reboot" of the original series with no evidence to suggest otherwise. Fan theories are great and all, but that's not how production sees it.

>It's a sequel. All of it.

anno could have at least made characters had deja vu or some shit if that's the case and not just a fan theory

I'll say it again. Tin. Foil. Hat. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was a sequel or explicitly set up to look like it could be. If there's one thing Anno loves it's shitting on his audience. And if there's one thing his audience loves, it's being shat on.

I always wondered what "CCV" means

What about Kaworu?

The Departed gets a title card about 20 minutes in.

How is it a great concept being interrupted halfway through a movie by the credits instead of them being at the end where you can just skip them easily?

It's still very vague and doesn't really add anything to believing it's a sequel, at least not yet.

A retelling, a reboot
Almost the same thing in this case

Will check it out.

Moscato is best girl

The show isn't that good pleb

I'm not gonna argue but I was asking about the relative quality

If it's all the same, then why the argument?

Actually, yes. There's a Japanese movie from last year (or 2015, can't remember) that did it. Not quite the middle, bit pretty far in. I think it was a film called "Creepy." Really enjoyable thriller.