Is Mark Hamill even a good actor?

Is Mark Hamill even a good actor?

Has he been in a good movie outside of Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYMjF484LlY
youtu.be/uQTcf2bnRhY
youtube.com/watch?v=hyW2670P-80
youtube.com/watch?v=hQL6_NbLwtk
youtu.be/OZij78RVqOA
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yv8E_OtLPE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQL6_NbLwtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

COCKKNOCKER

no and yes but as a voice actor only

This board is for people who have knowledge of film. I'm not sure you belong here.

I dunno about film, but he did a perfect job with Joker in the Batman video games

He's unironically a meme

He can't land roles because he's Luke Skywalker.

Mouse shills are going too far

He's a good voice actor. I don't even think his acting in the Star Wars OT was all that impressive.

Mark has proven himself as the trickster in the animated series and both live action flash shows but apart from that nothing.

Carrie Fisher is worse what the fuck did she do apart from star wars and heroin?

He’s perfectly average.
He belongs in B list roles or as a character actor.

Wasn't he involved in a car accident that wrecked his face?

The 'Burbs or perhaps The Blues Brothers. She had small roles in those and both are good films, but honestly that's all I can think of. She was a best selling author though.

Blues Brothers

He is the voice of the real joker.

And a decent screenwriter.

She was nominated for 3 emmys

For what

I always felt like he was mailing it in with that movie. He sounds like he doesn't give a shit. It kind of killed the mood of the movie for me the first time I saw it.

He's a good voice actor, not that it requires any talent anyways.

google it lazy fucker

He's a good voice actor

Fuck you too, buddy :^)

>Carrie Fisher is worse what the fuck did she do apart from star wars and heroin?
youtube.com/watch?v=FYMjF484LlY

>We will never see Hamil as a based old military man.

youtu.be/uQTcf2bnRhY

Kill me.

>Carrie Fisher is worse what the fuck did she do apart from star wars and heroin?
That's what bugged me most about her death tbqh, everyone on the planet was acting like she was a national treasure and not some coked out has been one trick pony

>what the fuck did she do apart from star wars and heroin?
I busted a nut to her in Blues Brothers.

youtube.com/watch?v=hyW2670P-80

I was just asking a question. Seems like a place of film knowledge is the right place to do that.

Got any more?

>Got any more?
IMDB/Wikipedia filmography...

>We will never see Hamil as a based old military man.
>he did't play wing commander IV
I'm still waiting on an HD update of the wing commander games. Or the X-wing/TIE fighter games.

If he hadn't been in Star Wars and his face hadn't been fucked up in the motorcycle accident he could have had a very different career.

youtube.com/watch?v=hQL6_NbLwtk

someone know the music at the end?

>TIE Fighter remaade
>No way of went be a generic defect-to-the-rebels-after-2-missions campaign.

Hard pass

>10 years ago

Christ, she fucking destroyed herself.

Mah fucking nigga. Wing Commander is the shit.

> TFW you want a new SW space sim but you know it'll be shit anyway

2017 - 10 = 1997
Seems to be right

Congrats you can do basic math.

Aside from the Joker in Batman Animated Series, and the Trickster, Mark Hamill was Fire Lord Ozai in Avatar The Last Airbender, Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts, and a few other things. It gets more ironic because Master Xehanort was voiced by Leonard Nimoy of Star Trek fame.

Is this some common core shit?

Her emmy noms were for meme "roles" like guest appearance and she lost

Fuck you're right. Let him play an alcoholic father or recovering junkie.

Yeah maybe no one would know him at all.

I haven't played video games in over a decade are combat based flight sims even a thing anymore?
I-is mechwarrior still around? Can there be a Mechwarrior vs Star Wars game?

If I remember correctly, he went into stage theater and voice acting instead of more movie roles.

I liked the Guyver. But I havent seen it since I was a kid and I liked the anime, so I don't know.

It wouldn't shock me if it was shit.

>In an attempt to circumvent any typecasting he might get after three blockbuster Star Wars films launched his career, Mark Hamill played the composer on Broadway for nine months in 1983. But when time came for the movie to be made, Czech director Miloš Forman couldn’t get the space cowboy image out of his head. “Miloš Forman told me, ‘Oh no, you must not play the Mozart because the people not believing the Luke Spacewalker as Mozart,’” Hamill said in a 1986 interview. “He was very upfront about it, and I appreciated that rather than getting my hopes up that it was possible I’d be playing the role.”

If Han Solo hadn't be lucky in getting the Indy role, would he have had the same destiny?

>It wouldn't shock me if it was shit.
I was wondering if I was the only person who remembered that.
It's not high cinema by any stretch, but the creature effects are all great if you're into old fashioned rubber monsters with animatronic faces. Plenty of slime, guts, and monster blood. It's a fun movie worth re watching every few years and getting a few laughs.

How about Psycho Hamill?
youtu.be/OZij78RVqOA

>happened to watch this movie a few days before it was announced that he was coming back for star wars
>THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT

He is, just wasted by hollywood. Judging how rot they are, it was for the best.

he wasn't good in them

Plus I think being the main character of star wars is the kind of role that pays for life and means you can just do whatever.

That he got to play or, let's be fair, help made two iconic characters in a lifetime is credit to his talent.

Sorry, don't misunderstand me, I think he's great. But not having to be a working actor means you have a bit more freedom. If you keep acting its because you're into it. Otherwise you can live off signing autographs at conventions, guest appearances on shitty sit coms and talk shows, putting your name on bad genre fiction, and your residual checks.

Corvette Summer was fun

The guyver

Xwaupgrade.org

He's a surprisingly good voice actor, that has to count for something

He played a wide-eyed young kid, which fortunately for him, was exactly what he was at the time. Since then he has given some great voice performances.

Off the top of my head he was in The Guyver, Body Bags, the Village of the Damned remake, and some sci-fi movie with Bill Paxton.

Boris Johnson really let himself go

He's good, but he was TERRIBLY typecast, and it destroyed his momentum. He resorted to voice acting and occasionally TV.

Carrie Fisher, on the other hand, started good but lost her acting skills day by day.

When Harry Met Sally

Motorcycle. That's why they wrote in the Wampaa attack, to explain Hamill's sick new scars.

Shampoo

youtube.com/watch?v=3Yv8E_OtLPE

>tfw I've been a SC backer since day one
>tfw I've gone full Solo in my Freelancer
>tfw the game keeps getting better and better

Mechwarrior is coming back big time next year. Mechwarrior 5 and a turn based strategy game called Battletech are both coming.

Nice reddit movie and reddit post, kid

>mechwarrior 5
>battletech

Yes, he is good. Far better than Harrison Ford or Carrie Fischer. But he is better suited to oddball character work than leading roles.

Yes. Honestly. I think he was great in the original Star Wars trilogy. And proved himself the best version of the Joker. His performance in The Last Jedi is ultimately very good also.

Nigger you just posted one.

>bitchfist has been my username for everything since this movie

>o shit he posted a movie i've never seen or heard of before

heh, nice REDDIT post there KID

This has to be the dumbest fucking post this whole week, and that's quite the accomplishment. Explain to me how The Big Red One is in anyway shape or form a Reddit movie.

Why did you even asked? of course he is.

Yes, BUT without quality directing, he can give some shitty performances. We look at the original trilogy through rose colored glasses as flawless, but he had a number of cringeworthy poorly delivered lines.

And since Star Wars, he's physically acted in very little.... BUT he's a phenomenal voice actor, doing many cartoons. He makes one of the very best jokers in nearly every animated depiction AND in the Arkham Asylum game series.

Now that he's actually lost a bunch of weight, he actually LOOKS like the joker, albeit an older version. If you see him do his joker voice he actually has the manic grin and mannerisms of a PERFECT joker. It would be a shame if they didn't let him play a live action joker at some point, it would be an older, less physical, joker; but it would probably be the best one.

Mark was horribly miscast as Maverick, who was a tall square-jawed manly Gregory Peck type guy in WC 1&2

What was the name of this movie? I've seen it before but I never caught the name.

He's done The Trickster in both the new and old Flash TV-series. About as close as we'll ever get to a live action Hamill-Joker.

>its a sprite based sex scene episode
My dad worked for a computer company so we always got shitloads of games as demos and I played the shit out of 1 and 2.
Always bummed that I couldn't get privateer to run.

Leia Thread is archived.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQL6_NbLwtk

I think he could probably do comedy. He's funny in interviews and seem to know how to tell a good story. He has a tendency to over act which is fine for voice work I think but not so much for regular drama.

>Star Wars
>good

>LOL IT HAS RED IN THE NAME SO IT MUST BE FROM REDDIT RIGHT GUYZ!?

Millennials belong in the trash.

It was amazing what they did to fix his face, considering that was the 80s

He was a real 10/10 qt before that accident

I liked him in the dub of laputa