I like it!

I like it!

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14637085
strawpoll.me/14637091
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's great.

>In the first scene the protagonist get cucked.
Dropped.

I also think it's great, despite Seth's acting.

Projecting is not healthy.

Why. Wasn't this the show that went full blown gender issues and cuckery right off the bat?

Orvillefags are in denial. What does Seth MacFarlane see when he walks into his bedroom in the first 3 minutes of the first episode?

You need to get past that. There's a follow up and its pretty good.

best star trek show since Deep Space Nine

It comments on it, but never actually sides with one view or the other. If you're a normal thinking human being you should have no problem with it.

Nobody said it didn't happen. Why are you so obsessed with it? If you are so sensible you can't deal with fictional cheating this is not for you.

Unless you can't deal commentary on those themes (regardless if it's positive or negative) then I wouldn't recommend watching it. The thing is that, as with Star Trek, the episodes and settings are a mirror of us humans and problems we deal with. The more controversial being societal problems.

The episode in question deals with a race of aliens in which all its members are male (and somehow found a way to reproduce with each other) and their view of the female sex as inferior in every way, a congenital disease. A member of The Orville bears a child that is born female and thus has to be fixed.

The Orville convinces their friend that there is no way of knowing what the future holds for their child and that changing her sex is unethical. His partner, originally a female, is against not having the operation stating that the child would be a castaway if she were to grow as female.

It sound like their trying to swing the viewers opinions to one way or the other, but that is really not the case (unless you think changing the sex of a newborn is fine, even when we're talking about another species and another culture, both of which are put into question by Seth's character: "If my human child was born with three legs we would get rid of the third leg, even when there are many alien species that walk on three legs").

I thought the episode resolution was satisfactory and I was content with the way thing turned out. The baby undergoes the operation despite a pretty strong argument against it.

Other episodes don't venture this deep into these kind of sensible matters, but say comment, or rather, put on the spotlight some aspects of our humanity and modern day culture. For example, there is an episode were the planet they visit judges their people with a upvote/downvote system, the voice of the majority, or so they say.

This.

If a show *didn't* have flawed characters and topics that provoke debate, then it wouldn't really be worth watching.

The main character's wife cheats on him, and he's stuck captaining a starship with her as his first officer. This creates conflict, which is a source of drama. It's interesting and makes for good tv. Why do people think that this means the show is promoting cuckery?

STDfags are seething because Orville does the bright vision of Star Trek better than the BSG, SGU, gritty crap which STDfags have been served and are now forced to defend.

Right. It is even used for comedic relief, but never in a good light.

I really feel we need more bright, episodic shows. People would make fun of me, but I always enjoyed those family comedies of the 70's and 80's.

This shows okay, i watched an episode, but MAN do they need like.....people, or something, to fill out those sets. the ship looks empty!

I get what you're saying. It really feels like they're on a budget, but I don't know if that is the case or McFarlane intentionally did it that way in order to invoke old Star Trek more. Either way, it definitely looks dated some times, but it doesn't really affect my viewing experience.

lmao I'm not reading that

I like it as well in general, but the episodes are really hit or miss.
I especially don't like the episodes where a small group is stuck on some planet. The upvote/downvote planet was an okay idea but they didn't take it in an interesting direction what so ever.
The one with the AI and the two black kids crash landing on that planet was absolutely terrible.
Works best when it takes place on the ship with all or at least most characters involved.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I love those episodes.

I dont mind it!

>protagonist gets cucked by a blue alien who jizzes blue cum out of his face all over the room

Literally high comedy.

>VOTE FOR BEST EPISODE
strawpoll.me/14637085
strawpoll.me/14637085
strawpoll.me/14637085

>NOW VOTE FOR WORST
strawpoll.me/14637091
strawpoll.me/14637091
strawpoll.me/14637091

This.

This is hard!

>all these mcfarlane shills trying to get us to watch his shitty family guy in space

>People like Krill.
I thought it is the weakest episode, specially because I couldn't stand the other dude trying to be funny.

It really isn't Family Guy in space though.

It's literally Star Trek: the Next Generation with jokes.

It's not for everyone, but there's a ton of us that find it extremely comfy.

I'm not a shill, and I couldn't give a single fuck if you, or anyone else, watches it or not. But I do believe people who think like you are mentally ill.

don't insult TNG like that

try and stop me

But that is exactly what it is. TNG, sprinkled with a little DS9, add some jokes (some in the style of Seth's humor, some just plain funny) and you get The Orville.

>Black guy gets promoted to head of engineering
>He still gets called in to be the backup pilot

That was just odd.
Even odder that the background character they had as the new navigator changed from a black woman to the palest alien so far, once he showed back up on the bridge.

Do you think they make fun of us behind our backs?

the low population makes it feel comfy