What do you think of all female teams?

> What do you think of all female teams?
> Opinions on previous such teams? (a-force, fearless defenders)
> Line up ideas for teams you would like to see in the future?

You know what we never get to see? Female teams with just one male member.

Those are called "harem anime"

I got a male member for the all-female teams.

Birds of Prey and Gotham City Sirens are the only ones that ever worked.

I like them, but I fear that unless you do some serious groundwork, it risks feeling gimmicky. Of course, that doesn't make it inherently a bad idea, but it does get enhanced if the writing's not good enough to make you forget about the gimmick, which is what happened to Fearless Defenders. How that book managed to make a team with Dani Moonstar and Elsa Bloodstone in it a fucking chore to read is beyond me.

Birds of Prey is still my favorite and the perfect example of the aforementioned groundwork. It wasn't just Barbara calling a bunch of girls, it was her and Canary and Huntress as an extremely tightly-knit group of friends who grew and developed together. It was that friendship that brought them together, not the fact that they were all women. And once that core team had been established, guest members could come and go and it didn't matter because there was a strong character-based anchor around it all. A-Force tried to do that with Singularity, but landed flat for me because it tried to connect a bunch of women with only tangential links at best through a character-shaped plot device.

Unfortunately, all the line-ups I could think fly in the face of everything I've just said in this post. But I would like to see Sasha Bordeaux lead a team of international Birds someday.

Now I want an all-female team made up of funny, stupid misfits and one hot male member.

Gail Simone's Birds of Prey had Hawk as the only male member

>tfw you realize Batwoman's red hair is actually a wig and she has a short boy haircut

I stopped subscribing to Batwoman when I found this out.

The only ones in cape shit comics worth a damn were Birds of Prey and Gotham City Sirens because they were barely big enough to call a team. Even then, Sirens was just three girls causing trouble for each other.

>talking shit about bobcut AKA bestcut
I'mma slap your shit unless you mean the new 'Tec Comics buzzcut, in which case yeah, that's shit.

Well, now I definitely wanna read that. I love Simone but never read her BOP.

I just realized nuCarol Danvers is just a copy of Kate.

thats autistic

I like the idea.

An all girl group needs an additional theme beyond all girls to work. Sailor Moon works. Birds of Prey works. Stephen Universe works, within the limits of insane shippers.

>Hey don't look at me, man.

Man, can you imagine when their time of the month all synchronize?

Periods don't actually magically make women turn into cunts. Many just use it as an excuse to be cunts without repercussions.

What is that page from?

Get some reading comprehension and look at the post he's replying to.

They work when they work and they're cringed when they don't. A-force should have been two books. Carol, Jessica Drew, Jessica jones, she-hulk and Hellcat form an Avengers faction because they're the same age and have pre-established relationships. Niko, America and my-hawkeye form a birds of prey ripoff group because they're young and hot and diverse and appeal to a different audience.

>Line up ideas for teams you would like to see in the future?
A French team of Marvel women superheroes
>Capitaine Fantome
>Tricolore
>Jeannine Sauvage
>Nicolette Giroux
>Adelynn Duquesne
Being spun out by Yvette Avril as a private security company after the scandalous dissolution of Le Bureau Discret and with a semi-retired Madmoiselle Monique running intel.

Don't @ me.

Agreed.

It's from the first arc of Simone's second run on the Birds - trade called "End Run." It was a dream

I like all female teams. I liked A-Force, I liked Birds of Prey in various incarnations. My only problem is they are never big enough.

My personal experience with women is the interesting dynamics never show up until you have 15+ women in an organization. The cliques form, the nepotism, the in-fighting, the bitter drawn out fights for supremacy, the diehard friendships, the inevitable betrayals. The pack behavior really gets high stakes the more women you add to the mix where 4-6 women are generally going to be low conflict with maybe only one or two leaders amongst them and really clear internal roles.

You are right.

Fun but, the villains are never anything to write home about in them, I notice.

So, you want catfights?

More enjoyable than not.

Liked A-Force but understood why it got canceled. Fearless defenders, not really something I had to read but wasn't bad occasionally.

Barda, Fire & Ice, Zatanna, Batgirl. (mostly because I like them and don't see them around enough) Batgirl just for the draw of a known popular character.

> What do you think of all female teams?

I like 'em.

> Opinions on previous such teams? (a-force, fearless defenders)

I liked A-Force. That it was canceled for Civil War II's mess annoys me, but given it's sales, I understand it. I hate it, but I understand it.

Also, it leaves a lot of loose plot threads and abandoned threads.

Fearless Defenders was Okay. Not great, but Okay.

The all Female X-Men team was nice, between A-force and Fearless Defenders in terms of quality. Monet getting a spotlight was great.

Birds of Prey is, of course, the gold standard (at times).

> Line up ideas for teams you would like to see in the future?

Nothing concrete, sadly.

The Freelancers from Champions.

#SaveSingularity
I loved A-Force

>#SaveSingularity

TRIPS DEMAND IT.

TRIPS DEMAND!

So i want to this book called Queen's. They are trying to fix the fuckery caused by the Illuminati while trying to mend the relationship between humans, mutants and Inhumans. Who should be on the team. So far I've got Storm both Susan and Ororo, Vaaleria, America, Misty and Shuri. Who would like to see on it?

Is this official art?
Why does She-hulk, Cpt Marvel and Dazzler look like trannies?

Otherwise
#SaveSingularity

The problem with the book was, it was a success of the event, they made it into a series hoping to cash in, but had no real purpose or direction where to go with the series.

After the first ark of "lets fiend singularity`s friends" it became obvious that female lead was the selling gimmick.

I really dug Dixon's BoP, and Simone's run was fun early on.

An all female X-Men team could work fine, it's just that they had shitty writers on it.

Hawk was only in her second BoP run, which was kinda shitty.

How about Deathbird as the cosmic representative
and
Sif for the asgardian representative.
They even could oppose how to fight the enemy and in situations with diplomaty propose "fight" or "kill it" they could agree with another. Like
Storm "How can we bring peace in this conflict?"
Deatbird: "We kill the Queen, her sons and set up the peacefull uncle"
Storm: "What?..... We dont want more blood spilled" goes out of room
Deathbird to Sif: "Why doesnt she like my idea?"
Sif shrugging: "Dont know, easiest and most successfull way to solve this problem!"

What people often mistake as "period rage" is actually PMS, which comes before a period even starts to occur. And even then, PMS, doesn't always turn women into bitches, it depends on a lot of factors.

The period excuse is either done by cunts to justify being cunts, or by fuckwits who refuse to take women seriously.

make a new A-Force
>Sonbird
>Sif
>Singularity
>Jennifer Kale
>Dazzler
>Firestar
>Venus
>Troll
on a mission to save Rikki Barnes from limbo

I love BoP, the idea works best when the plots aren't "US WOMEN, RIGHT?".

Huh I don't know much about deathbird. I would've used Moondragon or Mantis as my comic representative.

Who's the bottom left and middle in your pic?

>> What do you think of all female teams?

They can be good, as long as the creative team realizes that the only reason anybody would have to read of such is erotica. Whenever they fail, it's usually because of a misguided attempt to make the team "respectable" and super serious business.

Alternatively, you can have an all-girl team in a comic meant for very young female readers (like W.I.T.C.H or something) but I get the picture that that's not what you were talking about.

Bottom Left is Soranik Natu, a Green Lantern, and Sinestro's Daughter

I think the middle is Phantom Lady, but I'm not sure

Thanks.

I just want a team that has Mania and Hummingbird both on it. If it has to be all-female then so be it. Any suggestions for who else should be on the team, Sup Forums?

It mostly makes them feel really sad, moody and antisocial. Much easier for stuff to really get to them or tick them off, which is where the bitchy rage image comes from. It's like trying to bother someone who's got a painful migraine, why would you do it?

While there aren't many all female teams, there's quite a lot of friend duos. Batgirl and Supergirl, Cass and Steph, Peej and Terra III, Fire and Ice, Zatanna and Dinah, the list goes on.

I think a successful one would be finding a solid trio like with BOP, or a pair of those above pairs that goes well together without there being much third wheel effect.

Pic related would've been fun to see branch out on their own if there was enough of a centralized cause.

That's because somebody made a mess in the restroom and he's cleaning it up. After that, the boss needs some heavy shit brought in from her car.
t.former male bank teller

She is a queen, more she is the sister to the shiar queen and kinda struggled with her for hierarchy and being queen.
Thought its more about queens what user proposed.

>only reason anybody would have to read of such is erotica.
Only 50% right. the other 50% is not rely on "muh woman power" gimmick

>Line up ideas for teams you would like to see in the future?

S-Force. S standing for Symbiote. So She-Venom, Scream, Agony, Mayhem, Scorn, and Mania. Yeah I know some of those characters or at least their hosts are dead and Mayhem is not only dead (though she could possibly still be alive) but is also in an alternate universe. Still would love to see something like this though. Maybe in Venomverse? She-Venom was on the Edge of Venomverse cover.