Shaolin Cowboy - Who'll Stop the Reign #1

Shaolin Cowboy - Who'll Stop the Reign #1

STORYTIME

The new Shaolin Cowboy mini started last week.

It... is FUCKING INCREDIBLE. No shit, you NEED to read this RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, no one storytimed it yet, so let's do that.

Other urls found in this thread:

www111.zippyshare.com/v/jhjqvAaB/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

VARIANT COVER

BUMP IF YOU'RE READING

And here we go...

And yes, I realize this makes no sense given the ending of the last mini.

bump for patrician taste

JUST A HEAD'S UP: I HAD TO SHRINK ALL OF THE DOUBLE PAGE SPREADS TO 90% OF THEIR ORIGINAL SIZE TO MAKE THEM UNDER 4 MEGS, SO IF YOU WANT THE FULL SIZED IMAGES THEN DOWNLOAD THE RIP.

thanks op.

No problem.

Is there any pre existing context here or is this a new original series?

Bump. Thanks, OP.

And that's that.

Download here:

Shaolin Cowboy - Who'll Stop the Reign 01 (of 04) (2017) (2 covers) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr
www111.zippyshare.com/v/jhjqvAaB/file.html

Rest of the series here:

There are two minis and a "special" of sorts.

See the post below yours.

You don't really NEED to read them to understand this though, because the whole series is largely nonsensical.

bump

No problem.

>because the whole series is largely nonsensical.

supporting my "Artists shouldn't try to be writers it rarely works" theory

This, just get a fucking writer instead of doing this try hard nonsense that is a chore to read

Most of the best comics are by a single person.

Name twenty

Frank Miller's Daredevil
Walt Simonson's Thor
Dave Lapham's Stray Bullets
Mignola's Hellboy
Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo
Carl Bark's Donald Duck
Jack Kirby's Fourth World
Jim Steranko's SHIELD
Jeff Smith's Bone
Hernandez Brothers' Love & Rockets
Paul Chadwick's Concrete
Michel Fiffe's Copra
Eddie Campbell's Bacchus
Peter Bagge's Hate
Howard Chaykin's American Flagg
Carla Speed McNeil's Finder
Jack Cole's Plastic Man
Bryan Talbot's Grandville
Harvey Kurtzman's Frontline Combat
Matt Wagner's Grendel

And those make up MOST of the best comics ever? Some of those are shit nobody has even heard of and yet here you are touting them around like they're the greatest shit because the artist wrote them.

This series is fun as fuck though. It's just kind of "random crazy shit happening", but it works spectacularly because Darrow is such an unbelievably gifted storyteller.

Eric Powell's The Goon

This.

Darrow isn't a "writer", he's a storyteller. And he's one of the best at that.

user just said twenty and I gave twenty. I just mentioned long running series. There are a bunch of other series, minis, graphic novels, comic strips, European comics and manga that are done by one person.
These too.

To be fair to that guy, it's always been the exception rather than the rule in American comics. Whereas in other countries it's the other way around.

Bumping, thanks for the read user

Comic strips were the most read and revered comics back in the day and they were usually done by a single cartoonist. And the silver age Marvel method comics can also be viewed as single creator's works.

I'm hooked.

No problem.

At least 20% of that list sucks.

>Frank Miller's Daredevil

Miller actually drew very little DD.

> Some of those are shit nobody has even heard of
Get better taste then

gawd, there is just WAY too much going on in some of these panels. It's genuinely stressful to read this, even if the story's cool as hell

my cohort of African descent

Stray Bullets, COPRA, Hate, American Flagg and Grendel are my jam

Orc Stain by James Stokoe
r
c

Stop being a contrarian retard. No normal people know about most of those, that alone makes them not great because truly good things get known and talked about.

Orc Stain has bad writing though, if he had a real writer it would be way better.

>because truly good things get known and talked about.
> popularity = quality

I'm clearly not the retard here

>real writer
Comics has like 5 good writers in it's history. Most of them just failed into it because they couldn't make in in television or film or they're just super fanboys with zero ambition

There's not "e" at the the end of "bon appétit"

Sorry but it's true, at the very least popularity means it's noteworthy or interesting which means people share it which is how stuff gets popular.

>the trash goes 15 feet back from where it was thrown to hit him in the head
I don't think that's how inertia works.

Darrow is a 10/10 troll

On the hardcover of the last Shaolin Cowboy the back has a ton of pull quotes from people like Mignola, Quietly, Simonson, etc all praising him and then two quotes from comic review sites that didn't like it because it was just a fight scene with almost no dialogue.

>King Douchey

You don't have to be good to be popular, if anything people crave satisfactory and seek nothing more

8 Fast and the Furious movies is the perfect example

>there is just WAY too much going on in some of these panels

THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT!

That was fucking garbage.
Only decent thing were the sight gags and they put too much of them in, ruining the satisfaction of seeing them.

I'll never forget going to my LCS to pick up the first issue of that last mini and the owner smiling from ear to ear telling me how it had such thought provoking dialgoue

>there is just WAY too much going on in some of these panels

What's the matter, you don't like quality art?

wat.

why can the animals talk?

Shaolin Cowboy is basically just Geof Darrow drawing the most insane things he can think of.

Shut up, go jerk off to something else then. This comic isn't about the writing you dumbass. It's about the ART

Darrow's whole shtick is basically "how much information can you cram into a single page?"

The art is mediocre. Detail =/= quality, not everyone can be Moebius.

>The art is mediocre

this is objectively false

It's anatomically competent but other than that there's nothing it does particularly well.

Again, objectively false. From a technical standpoint it's spectacular.

Not really. Just extremely detailed.
Some solid composition here and there I guess although often it's fucked by just putting a smoking dog in what should be negative space.

Goddamn, this page is amazing

no post has ever been gayer than your post

beep

Can't you make even 1 argument why you think this art is "spectacular"?

Good art, but I really didn't enjoy it otherwise. It's way too all-over-the-place, incoherent, and jumbled. It has zero structure, so none of the dialogue or scenarios have any weight. It's basically just weird for the sake of being weird.

I like the smoking spider

The dogs on this page: are just blowing my fucking mind.

Yeah, it's really just a mess.

Great issue, loved the last, silent series, but his dialogue here is hilarious and scathing

Sums it up well.