Storytime: Masters of the Universe #5: Evil-Lyn

this was a great one I remember it!

Some things about this tale.

The art style in this issue is inspired more from Sin City comics, and it looks less MOTU.

The story tough is important one. It shows the corruption between the ranks of Eternos's soldiers, Evil-Lyn's power as a witch, but also as a seductress in order to take what she wants. And there are a couple of important connections with the next issue about Trap-Jaw, but most important with the huge Eternity War event, that will come two years after this issue.

bump! thanks senpai

And this is how Skeletor came to possess the Eye of Chaos, one of the powerful Eyes of Grayskull, which will be one of the main plots of the Eternity War, 2 years later.

You are welcome

The story behind the creation of the Eyes of Grayskull will be revealed later in the 1st issue of the Eternity War.

In one of the previous tales posted, we saw Man At Arms retrieving the other eye of Grayskull, the Eye of Chrono, and here we saw how Skeletor came to possess the other one.

The Eye of Chaos it will be the reason of why Skeletor could escape from where John Constantine and He-Man banished him, during the DC vs MOTU crossover. This is something that i appreciated most with the MOTU comics. That each detail from the very early issues, played a big role later, giving the feeling that the entire MOTU run was a huge epic story.

I'm really enjoying the use of colours in these stories.
I could have sworn that this snakefu was a dude growing up.

>where John Constantine and He-Man banished him, during the DC vs MOTU crossover
Damn, I've been missing out.

I believe that you are confusing Teela with King Hsss, the Lord of the Snake Men.

The Snake lady is Teela, after becoming the Sorceress, taking the place of her mother. Her design is coming from the very first MOTU moni comics, when the Sorceress was depicted as a green lady with a Cobra armor.

Bumpa

Bumps

reading it

Bump

Bump

Thanks for the info, that's actually pretty interesting.

No problem. I will try to post the rest of the entire MOTU run, the following days. The first 5 standalone tales and Hordak's Origin one shot have been already posted.

Thank you